2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
dang, no one is doing anything to their cars? how slow.

Well... today... I got my windows tinted... but before that, I got a speeding ticket. 45 in a 30. GAHHHHHHHHHHH

I didn't pay as much as I expected to pay for the tinting (no windshield strip... and cash discount!)... but of course, now I have to pay for the ticket and additional "service" fees that go with it.

BTW... waking up at 7 am just to get windows tinted is nuts!!

Last edited by Goobers; 07-09-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Goobers
dang, no one is doing anything to their cars? how slow.

Well... today... I got my windows tinted... but before that, I got a speeding ticket. 45 in a 30. GAHHHHHHHHHHH

I didn't pay as much as I expected to pay for the tinting (no windshield strip... and cash discount!)... but of course, now I have to pay for the ticket and additional "service" fees that go with it.

BTW... waking up at 7 am just to get windows tinted is nuts!!
I thought that was the norm with Fit Freaks.
Sorry, not much of a Fit tuner. Just one who appreciates the car for what it is. Most my practical upgrades go on my Rex. Besides my son drives the Fit most of the time.

Finally got to see your DD. Nice n clean. Maybe it's time for you to invest in a Passport or Valentine. Have a great day anyway!!!

Last edited by Subie; 07-09-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Subie
Finally got to see your DD. Nice n clean. Maybe it's time for you to invest in a Passport or Valentine. Have a great day anyway!!!
Valentine One... All the Way. Worth every penny. I've had mine for 11 years now and it's been hardwired in 3 different cars. (see the link in my sig for how to easily, and I mean EASILY, hardwire the V1.)

~SB

Old 07-09-2011, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by specboy
Valentine One... All the Way. Worth every penny. I've had mine for 11 years now and it's been hardwired in 3 different cars. (see the link in my sig for how to easily, and I mean EASILY, hardwire the V1.)

~SB
Nice. Got the remote under the hood? I've got a Passport 8500. I'm ok with it. Looked at both for a long time. Price was the deal breaker for me...

Old 07-09-2011, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Looks great! Now tell me about those headlights, and where your amber reflector went.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
Nice. Got the remote under the hood? I've got a Passport 8500. I'm ok with it. Looked at both for a long time. Price was the deal breaker for me...
I have it mounted High for best Radar detection. Laser is useless on any detector. I have the Concealed display but not yet installed. My 4 yr old makes sure I don't have time to do stuff like that I'm going to mount it soon in the lower left corner of the windshield all the way down at the base. I had it there in my GS-R as it was hidden from the outside behind my inspection sticker. Here in VT, the sticker is dead center of the windshield behind he rear view mirror so it won't be hidden from the dash but that's ok. i'll just place it all the way in the corner, it likely won't be noticeable. I like it there as I don't have to take my eyes off the road to see it. It's also too low for anyone to see it from behind (or even the side really).

The V1 was pricier but the directional arrows and the bogey counter are something that is SOOO useful and still not available on any other radar detector (11 years after I bought mine).

I've always said radar detection is about educating the driver. The Detector doesn't stop the car for you, that's the driver's choice so an educated driver can make a smart choice when provided with enough information. The v1 gives more information than any other detector so it allows the driver to make a better decision. Get a cheapo detector if all that you're going to to is jam on the brakes every time it goes off. I see lots of those on the roads as their tail lights go off every time there is construction along a road.

And again, who else has had a detector for 11 years that is still functional. Oh, and I can upgrade at any point for a reduced rate and they'll send me a brand new one in the box (all hard-wire and accessories included)

~SB

Old 07-09-2011, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
The speeding ticket itself is a bit goofy. I didn't notice any speed limit signs until AFTER the cop came out... and by the time I stopped... the speed limit had changed to 40! I hate that road.

Turned from another street,
Got up to "speed" with another vehicle
Saw the cop.
Looked down at speedo and GPS and lifted foot of gas.
Speedo said over 40, GPS said limit was 30.
Said "oh crap..." as I passed the cop.
Looked up into mirror
Cop came out, lights going!
Said "Double CRAP!"
Saw 30 mph limit WITH the mobile "your speed is" radar trailer.
Slowed down and stopped in front of the 40 mph limit.
Said "What the heck?1?"

And the goofy thing was... the tinting guy called me just as the officer was coming back with my insurance and the ticket... I'm thinking, "Of course he'd call RIGHT NOW!" *slaps forehead*

But... in general, I dislike radar detectors... even though I DO speed a little. This is my fifth speeding ticket in my 16 years of driving. And except for the first two, I've only gotten the ticket in a momentary break in my behavior. And my behavior is simple... stick to about 5, at most 10, mph over limit on local streets, 15/25 on highways. The first two were on a "highway" that has a 40 mph limit! Freaking 40?!? Grrr, I hate LSD (Chicago).

re: hayden

Its aftermarket housing. I got it from 360Tuners.com, but it doesn't seem like they're listing it anymore.

The housing appears to be made (mostly) for European specs. The light output pattern is actually correct for USDM H4 bulbs, but the mounting and some fitment don't line up... see https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post926217 and https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ten-alive.html I think that it's EDM because there's a bit of raised lettering "WY21W," which turns out to be the type of turn signal bulb only used in Europe (similar to 7440NA). And of course, it EDM doesn't require the amber reflector.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by specboy
The V1 was pricier but the directional arrows and the bogey counter are something that is SOOO useful and still not available on any other radar detector (11 years after I bought mine).

I've always said radar detection is about educating the driver. The Detector doesn't stop the car for you, that's the driver's choice so an educated driver can make a smart choice when provided with enough information. The v1 gives more information than any other detector so it allows the driver to make a better decision.
~SB
Cool. Don't need to convince me about the V1 SB nor what radar detectors are for. Did my fair share of due diligence. Just made my choice, like you and ok with what I have.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
Turned from another street,
Got up to "speed" with another vehicle
Saw the cop.
Looked down at speedo and GPS and lifted foot of gas.
Speedo said over 40, GPS said limit was 30.
Said "oh crap..." as I passed the cop.
Looked up into mirror
Cop came out, lights going!
Said "Double CRAP!"
Saw 30 mph limit WITH the mobile "your speed is" radar trailer.
Slowed down and stopped in front of the 40 mph limit.
Said "What the heck?1?"
WOW, almost like watching an old Batman episode. KAPOW! KABLAAM! U funny maaan....
Thanks for the blow by blow Goobers

Old 07-09-2011, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
I thought that was the norm with Fit Freaks.
Sorry, not much of a Fit tuner. Just one who appreciates the car for what it is. Most my practical upgrades go on my Rex. Besides my son drives the Fit most of the time.

Sorry for the later reply to this one. My brain is still in a bit of a fuzz, lack of sleep and all.

I can assure you, I'm no tuner by any stretch of the word... there are no engine mods. I just like zipping along quickly.

Thank you for the nice n clean part, though it is ironic, its actually pretty dirty! Silver/grey really is good at hiding dirt!

There was a time when I thought about flashy mods like under low and all that, though I never did do any of those mods. Now, I just like it simple, like dual headlamps.

WOW, almost like watching an old Batman episode. KAPOW! KABLAAM! U funny maaan....
Thanks for the blow by blow Goobers
I loved watching Batman! Cracks me up, every time they chit chat when doing a wall climb!

Old 07-09-2011, 07:45 PM
JDP rear spoiler installed. looks freakin' amazing!!!

tomorrow...short shifter!

Old 07-09-2011, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
And here I am getting upset about how the speedlimiter made me lose to a Mazda 3. Going to try to defeat speedlimiter tonight, diy to follow.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
Also, filled up on regular 87 octane today and my NA tune is running like ass. Lost 5 degrees timing. Looks like you need premium to get full timing at 13.9:1

Old 07-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Installed K&N SRI and Eibach Prokit

Old 07-09-2011, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
Took a 462km drive over to Osaka to visit J's Racing and ordered up a new sussy...Crux it is with Swift 12kg-mm front and 8kg-mm rear as these are best for the AD08s. Don't really know why I did it, but I did save 10% and J's is going to install and at the same time I'll have the front lower arms I purchased way back in Jan'10 installed, these have the roll center adjusters pre-installed. Won't be till September as I worked out a little deal to pay them off in 2 months.

ohhh yeah and 1 canard to replace the 1 I list driving here. Guess the double sided tape didn't quite like 190km/h speeds. My speedo is off by about 10km/h when it shows 160, the HKS CAC showed 150km/h. Got it up to 195km/h without issue, but a sustained run was too much for 1 canard I guess, I heard a whoosh and said ohhhh shit I might have just lost 1. Didn't bother checking till I got here.

Last edited by 555sexydrive; 07-09-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blackvitzrs
I checked up on my fit at the bodyshop. Another few more days and hopefully she'll be good as new! AND today, my new AXIS JDM LED tails showed up!
wow. gotta see those up close in person!

Old 07-10-2011, 12:57 AM
ordered a sunshade for my fit at www.handa-accessories.com. it's listed at $29.99 When you add it to the cart, the price drops down to 22.99. not too shabby for a custom fit sunshade.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:20 AM
Installed a Jollipop shiftknob from DecalDude, stuck some stickers on my rear window, and installed 6k 55w driving and 3k 35w fog hid's from ddm tuning.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Took off my Honda emblems, painted them black, then put them back on

Old 07-11-2011, 02:12 AM
I also put on my home depot lip tonight :-)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?