2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
Where art thou wipers?

Old 09-25-2020, 10:38 AM
Took way to long to replace these. Tired of constantly restoring with Plastx. New 3rd party replacements!

Old 09-27-2020, 02:13 AM
5 Year Member
Got hit with a CEL... not one, but TWO DTCs, P0102 (MAF) and P0401 (EGR).

Well, that just f-ing dandy. I finally replaced the battery last week and now this... and since this will automatically fail any emissions check, it means I'll be late for the registration renewal... joy, late fee on top of the price hike. I wonder if my filter being old is enough to trigger both, cause I have no idea how else to deal with it.

Oh, my supercharger is leaking again... only took 2 years this time! gah.

Hopefully, the SC can wait until after the emissions test... otherwise it'll be MONTHS before I get the renewal done.

Old 09-27-2020, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
I would get some CRC electronics cleaner and clean the MAF sensor. Don't touch the filaments. Just spray and let dry a few times. For the EGR, I would remove and clean with throttle body cleaner.

Old 09-27-2020, 07:06 PM
Decided to take one for the team. 2001 Civic Ebay Foglights. $30/pair. I have been thinking of trying these for over a year. Happy to report they fit, and I am pleased with results. details and more pics in my build thread.

Last edited by eulogy; 09-27-2020 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:09 PM

Well, that just f-ing dandy. I finally replaced the battery last week and now this... and since this will automatically fail any emissions check, it means I'll be late for the registration renewal... joy, late fee on top of the price hike. I wonder if my filter being old is enough to trigger both, cause I have no idea how else to deal with it.

Oh, my supercharger is leaking again... only took 2 years this time! gah.

Hopefully, the SC can wait until after the emissions test... otherwise it'll be MONTHS before I get the renewal done.
damn, keep us posted. im always interested in how your car is doing being one of the few supercharged ones. best of luck, hope its nothing major.

Old 09-27-2020, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
When I got home last night and before I posted here, I opened up the air box to knock out the dust and dirt on the filter (I’ll buy a new on tonight). Edit: there was also a good number of those ‘helicopter’ pods in the air box, geh.

Earlier today, I tried clearing out the codes just too see if it helped, the codes changed to single p0113... IAT, which if I’m not mistaken is part of the MAF module.

I thought, just maybe this happened because I cleared the code while the Fit was running, so I shut down and brought it back up to just ON w/engine off and cleared it again... so far no codes have come back.

So, new filter and some hefty cleaning seems to be in order... and/or possibly a new MAF sensor.

Last edited by Goobers; 09-27-2020 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
Well, on Sunday, it seemed fine with the old filter after it got the stuff knocked loose. I wasn’t able to buy a filter that night... the 24 hr Walmart didn’t have any in stock for the Fit (will they ever?). So I ordered one online with some iPad stuff and got and installed the filter today.

I didn’t drive yesterday, but drove it plenty today. So far, no CEL or DTCs.

i still have to deal with the leaking SC. I hate bearing seals. Seriously debating ordering a new kit just to get the upgraded version (better seals?). It’ll solve/bypass two issues, one being the seal and the other being the fill port that I fucked up. This is compared to the $1k that I paid for the same seal repair last time. Don’t know how much they would charge to machine the port and install an insert to fix it. Decisions, decisions.

Last edited by Goobers; 09-29-2020 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-01-2020, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
i still have to deal with the leaking SC. I hate bearing seals. Seriously debating ordering a new kit just to get the upgraded version (better seals?). It’ll solve/bypass two issues, one being the seal and the other being the fill port that I fucked up. This is compared to the $1k that I paid for the same seal repair last time. Don’t know how much they would charge to machine the port and install an insert to fix it. Decisions, decisions.
What have been the repair intervals for the supercharger? 75k miles?

Old 10-02-2020, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
Well, it was about 4 years from purchase to first rebuild, so something like 60k-65k for that one.

But it's only been two years since that rebuild and now need another rebuild. So, something like 30k-35k this time.

Old 10-06-2020, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
Well, it was about 4 years from purchase to first rebuild, so something like 60k-65k for that one.

But it's only been two years since that rebuild and now need another rebuild. So, something like 30k-35k this time.
60-65K isn't too bad. 30-35K is ridiculous. It's almost worth it to have a backup supercharger.

Old 10-06-2020, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, right now I’m looking to see if I can buy the main body of the SC by itself and use it while leaving the current as back up.

And while first one is on the side, I’ll probably try to see if can fix the fill port.

Old 10-07-2020, 06:00 AM

Swift springs and 17x7 XXR 530s

Old 10-07-2020, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
DIY front lip

Old 10-08-2020, 02:58 PM
Installed Curt hitch

Old 10-13-2020, 08:40 PM
Got 5% tint all the way around. Really helps with heat rejection here in South GA!!

Before with 35% tint:

After with 5% tint:

5% windshield strip:

Last edited by vtchopperdude; 10-20-2020 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-15-2020, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
Horn Replacement Therapy

I have a real horn now.

Old 10-16-2020, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
Gonna have to temporarily retire my Fit...

While I was doing a delivery, I stopped in a sloped driveway. Pulled up the hand brake and let go of the foot brake... only to have it roll backwards...!!!! The stupid "auto adjuster" in the drum brakes must've seized again.

So, I'm gonna see if I can get all the parts I have for the drum to disc conversion to work. I have a mis-mash of parts for the Integra. Until then, I won't be driving it.

OH, but that's not all.

I'll likely pull the supercharger off. I want to attempt to fix the fill port, that I screwed up when I tried to widen it for a larger bolt (the port got stripped by the bolt that barely fit). In previous posts, I thought the seals for the snout were blown, but the other day, I looked and while there was gear fluid (it's blue, can't miss it), it didn't appear around snout where the pulley was. Instead, it looked like it was coming from the underside of the supercharger. If the fluid was making its way out of the messed up fill port, it would make sense.

AND...

Most likely attempt to do threaded inserts on the remaining two spark plug ports in the engine... I'm getting random, albeit momentary, losses of power, so I suspect the threads for the two ports I haven't done inserts for are giving up the ghost.

10 and 1/2 years... way too reluctant to part with the Fit. But damn, all this work (and lack of knowledge).

Old 10-17-2020, 05:01 PM
Removed the outdated Navigation display and replaced with a Kenwood double din radio.

Original Navi unit:

New Kenwood unit:

Old 10-17-2020, 09:29 PM
Gonna have to temporarily retire my Fit...

While I was doing a delivery, I stopped in a sloped driveway. Pulled up the hand brake and let go of the foot brake... only to have it roll backwards...!!!! The stupid "auto adjuster" in the drum brakes must've seized again.

So, I'm gonna see if I can get all the parts I have for the drum to disc conversion to work. I have a mis-mash of parts for the Integra. Until then, I won't be driving it.

OH, but that's not all.

I'll likely pull the supercharger off. I want to attempt to fix the fill port, that I screwed up when I tried to widen it for a larger bolt (the port got stripped by the bolt that barely fit). In previous posts, I thought the seals for the snout were blown, but the other day, I looked and while there was gear fluid (it's blue, can't miss it), it didn't appear around snout where the pulley was. Instead, it looked like it was coming from the underside of the supercharger. If the fluid was making its way out of the messed up fill port, it would make sense.

AND...

Most likely attempt to do threaded inserts on the remaining two spark plug ports in the engine... I'm getting random, albeit momentary, losses of power, so I suspect the threads for the two ports I haven't done inserts for are giving up the ghost.

10 and 1/2 years... way too reluctant to part with the Fit. But damn, all this work (and lack of knowledge).

damn..best of luck. thanks for updating us.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?