2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 09:32 PM
thats nice..i might have to copy u my pioneer is acting up. i really like having a volume knob.

Old 10-17-2020, 09:42 PM
- New replica front Red H
- Meguires Headlight sealant to combat haze
- Touch up painted inner fenders black
- some new wheels

Old 10-18-2020, 02:04 AM

finally some pics lol
she cleans up well for 205K on the clock

Old 10-18-2020, 04:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eulogy
- New replica front Red H
- Meguires Headlight sealant to combat haze
- Touch up painted inner fenders black
- some new wheels

what sort of tires are you running? I like the squared look on the tread.

Old 10-18-2020, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by Red 05
what sort of tires are you running? I like the squared look on the tread.
Potenza Re71R
205 50 15

Obviously im not prepping for winter lol.

Are u satisfied with the quality of ur JDP wing? my car is slowly turning pink...so i figured the reasonable thing to do is replace it with a carbon hood.. undecided on the wing as well.

Jealous of ur rear disc btw. Did u buy the whole "complete kit" or the partial and piece it together?

Old 10-18-2020, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member
Potenza Re71R
205 50 15

Obviously im not prepping for winter lol.

Are u satisfied with the quality of ur JDP wing? my car is slowly turning pink...so i figured the reasonable thing to do is replace it with a carbon hood.. undecided on the wing as well.

Jealous of ur rear disc btw. Did u buy the whole "complete kit" or the partial and piece it together?
I'm pretty happy with the wing. The molding around the hardware required to hold it down is a little "dull" in detail, meaning they didn't get the carbon laid down quite perfectly. Hardware still fits just fine, but the hardware covers sit a little proud of where they ought to be and in my case there is a little play forward and back on the driver side. This is me being really picky trying to find anything to be dissatisfied with it but I'm happy.

I'm probably going to pull the wing off soon-ish to redo the molding tape helping hold it to the car. In really high wind I can hear the wing click very softly against the window. Again, I'm trying to be picky.

Far as my disc brakes back there I bought the whole kit all at once, but it took some time to finally get around to assembling it, with work being crazy. The handbrake holds, but not on anything more than a 15% grade or so. Doesn't bother me where I park and work but I would not trust it to stay in place strictly on the handbrake. Minor inconvenience for me, but I could see it being a deal breaker.

I did go back and replace the brake pads with carquest pads not too long ago, the green stuff (idk brand, something racing) pad moved too much in the brake pad guides. I've had the passenger rear caliper stick twice for me but have been at a loss for cause. Pins greased, cleaned of shmutz and I haven't had a repeat in some months. It always happened after releasing the handbrake in a parking lot.

Thanks for the tire ID, might change mine to firm up the sidewalls. I like my Yokos now but they cry when I try approaching the adhesion limit.

Old 10-18-2020, 11:09 AM
I'm pretty happy with the wing. The molding around the hardware required to hold it down is a little "dull" in detail, meaning they didn't get the carbon laid down quite perfectly. Hardware still fits just fine, but the hardware covers sit a little proud of where they ought to be and in my case there is a little play forward and back on the driver side. This is me being really picky trying to find anything to be dissatisfied with it but I'm happy.

I'm probably going to pull the wing off soon-ish to redo the molding tape helping hold it to the car. In really high wind I can hear the wing click very softly against the window. Again, I'm trying to be picky.

Far as my disc brakes back there I bought the whole kit all at once, but it took some time to finally get around to assembling it, with work being crazy. The handbrake holds, but not on anything more than a 15% grade or so. Doesn't bother me where I park and work but I would not trust it to stay in place strictly on the handbrake. Minor inconvenience for me, but I could see it being a deal breaker.

I did go back and replace the brake pads with carquest pads not too long ago, the green stuff (idk brand, something racing) pad moved too much in the brake pad guides. I've had the passenger rear caliper stick twice for me but have been at a loss for cause. Pins greased, cleaned of shmutz and I haven't had a repeat in some months. It always happened after releasing the handbrake in a parking lot.

Thanks for the tire ID, might change mine to firm up the sidewalls. I like my Yokos now but they cry when I try approaching the adhesion limit.
thanks for the info...thats exactly what i like. details about quirky things!

Old 10-18-2020, 11:39 AM
thats nice..i might have to copy u my pioneer is acting up. i really like having a volume knob.
Ya, it's handy! Plus I got a module that allows you to keep the steering wheel controls, so you can adjust the volume without even touching the new radio. It's niiiiiice!

Old 10-18-2020, 12:10 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for the info...thats exactly what i like. details about quirky things!
Snapped some pics at lunch.

Old 10-18-2020, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
Hand washed the Fit yesterday for the first time in about 7 months and cleaned the interior. Adjusted the Tein coilovers today to even out the ride height. After one and a half years one corner sits a little high and the other a little too low. No need to take off the front wheel to do this, but the rear wheel needs to come off.

Old 10-18-2020, 06:36 PM
Snapped some pics at lunch.
Oh i see whatbur talkin bout.i could prob live with that.. but i could see it bugging me while installing and for a bit after. Luckily its in a spot thats not super noticable like the door ding i have on my rear drivers side door.

I appreciate the pics man!

Old 10-19-2020, 12:14 AM
I finally signed up and this is my first post here on Fit Freak! Howdy ya'll !

As far my recently acquired GE though, cleaned the MAF sensor and throttle body as much as I could without taking the wiper cowl off.

Going to remove and do a full/proper throttle body cleaning once I change the spark plugs soon.

Old 10-20-2020, 01:48 PM
Installed backup camera. Was a bit of pain routing the wiring, but nothing a few hours and a 6 pack couldn't solve. Not bad for $20 off eBay!!!!

Old 10-21-2020, 08:59 AM
5 Year Member
While rotating tires, a rear shock dust cover was found to be blown.

Old 10-24-2020, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by Rick_a
While rotating tires, a rear shock dust cover was found to be blown.
I get the impression that most 'old' cars are like this. I spotted it on my Corolla once and posted it on a forum and was told that it's common and not to worry about it. The cover is just added protection, they are sealed tight as is.

Old 10-24-2020, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
It probably doesn't hurt to have it fixed before the boot is torn up more. I'd imagine that if the shock shaft gets exposed, rocks and debris can hit and cause damage to the shaft's surface.

Old 10-24-2020, 03:36 AM
Well, I tried removing my front, passenger side rotor, but I stripped one of those stupid factory screws and couldn't get it off. I had to result in drastic measures by shaving down the rotor and screw with a rotary tool and angle grinder. Well, after a good thirty minutes to an hour, I was successful! However, there was a bit of collateral damage to the wheel hub. Oh well! I am glad to just get that nasty, four-hundred million year old rotor off. I had major trouble getting it off too. I had to use a heavy, metal mallet and spin it little by little while giving it a hit.

Seems like there is always something.

Last edited by StGemma; 10-24-2020 at 03:39 AM.
Old 10-24-2020, 04:32 AM
5 Year Member
I had the same issue when I decided to swap out my factory rotors for some EBC rotors.

Before I got too far, what I did was get a Dremel with a disc cutter and made an over sized slot through the screw head (and partially into the rotor), then grabbed a big flat tip screw driver and finally a large wrench, that fits onto the handle of the screw driver. Apply a little pressure on the end of the handle to keep it in place while I used the extra torque I got from the big ol wrench. Much easier.

And yeah, a shitload of rusted iron builds up back there. I used that same screw driver to stab and chip away at all of it. Once I was fairly certain I couldn’t get any more off, then I tried pulling on the rotor. Only to find out, it’s still a lot and tough as hell... ended doing the same thing as you, hammer at it from the backside.

Last edited by Goobers; 10-24-2020 at 04:34 AM.
Old 10-24-2020, 06:01 AM
Glad I'm not the only one! Your method was a much better idea. Too bad I didn't think of it, because it would have been satisfying to remove the screw before using the rotary tool and such.

Oh well, the screw gave loose once I removed the rotor.

Old 10-24-2020, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by StGemma
Glad I'm not the only one! Your method was a much better idea. Too bad I didn't think of it, because it would have been satisfying to remove the screw before using the rotary tool and such.

Oh well, the screw gave loose once I removed the rotor.
Were you using an impact drive to get the screw off? Maybe with a normal Phillips head? Those stupid screws use a head that is similar to a Phillips but not actually. I bought a JDM specific driver when I first took mine off. Kept them off too, there's no point to them after leaving the factory.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?