2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Added NYC bumper guards 09 Fit Sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mcy_itch
hey thanks... living in nj/ny, i got another scratch on my 2 month old fit! i really need one of these. it looks better than the bumper bully, but does it work as well?

i was about to order a color sample, but to cut that expense and waiting time. is the one you have on your TWB Fit, the lite blue metallic color?
yeah the ones in the picture are the light blue metallic color. it was closest match out of all the blues they had.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:44 PM
I just noticed. On the front, it covers up the tow hook hole.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by stevet47
I just noticed. On the front, it covers up the tow hook hole.
yeah i can still access it but...i did it to keep it level with the license plate frame could've gone higher but it would have looked even weirder.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:46 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
^how do you access it? are the bumper guards easily removable? or are you able to just get to it underneath the guard?

Old 08-31-2009, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by doctordoom
^how do you access it? are the bumper guards easily removable? or are you able to just get to it underneath the guard?
I'm able to access it underneath the guard. The guard is held on by some adhesive and there is a slight lip so it isn't a problem.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
wow i had no idea these exist--i have to look into this more. i park in Chicago streets, while it's no Manhattan, it's definitely not all nice like having my own parking spot or a garage like the rest of my fellow FitFreak owners. i already got blemishes on my rear bumper and i intentionally park far to avoid the highly contested parking spots.

I'm thinking of ordering samples but I rather ask here first. Any Taffeta White Fit owners ordered these before? There's 3 choices: super, brite and creamy white. I'm assuming it's not going to be creamy.

Last edited by blassty; 07-20-2010 at 12:39 PM. Reason: added question
Old 07-20-2010, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blassty
wow i had no idea these exist--i have to look into this more. i park in Chicago streets, while it's no Manhattan, it's definitely not all nice like having my own parking spot or a garage like the rest of my fellow FitFreak owners. i already got blemishes on my rear bumper and i intentionally park far to avoid the highly contested parking spots.

I'm thinking of ordering samples but I rather ask here first. Any Taffeta White Fit owners ordered these before? There's 3 choices: super, brite and creamy white. I'm assuming it's not going to be creamy.
before you pay for the samples try to get as close to your color as possible and put in an order, I've ordered from them three times and each time i placed an order and bought what i thought was the color, they'd delay my order and send me samples for free. if your not into putting something permanent on the back of the car you might want to consider Extreme Outdoor Bumper Protection - Bumper Bully - Rear Bumper Protection we have it on our other car a 09 Lancer gts and its been working fine as well.
hope that helps ;-)

Old 09-01-2015, 11:29 AM
Sorry for bumping this super old thread. I just purchased an 09 Fit and was interested in adding these bumper guards, since they seem to be the least intrusive option available.

Do you happen to recall which length of guard you had purchased for your vehicle? There are several options on the site, and I'm not sure which would fit the Fit best.

Front and Rear Bumper Protectors, Bumper Protection and Bumper Guards

Old 09-01-2015, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Makubex
Sorry for bumping this super old thread. I just purchased an 09 Fit and was interested in adding these bumper guards, since they seem to be the least intrusive option available.

Do you happen to recall which length of guard you had purchased for your vehicle? There are several options on the site, and I'm not sure which would fit the Fit best.

Front and Rear Bumper Protectors, Bumper Protection and Bumper Guards
Wow, this was an old thread!! I sold this a car in '11 wish i still had it. But from what I remember it came in two strips and I had to cut to fit. As for the length I do not recall.