2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

GE Fit Rear Seat Rattles

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
GE Fit Rear Seat Rattles

Wonder anyone heard some rattling from the rear seat when going over bumpy road? Noise dosen't appear when someone sitting on it or leaving the seat folded down, it only appear when no one is seating on the seat.
i believe its the joint in between the seat which have 2 bolts cover by a plastic cover with a screw on. anyone knw the proper way of tightening it? pls advise, any help is much appreciated, thanks
I did send it to the workshop but they couldn't fix it after a few visit.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:25 AM
yeah, it rattles, I banged on it with my hand and it stopped.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member
the sound is making me crazy..where u bang at? the joint? i wanna remove everything n reinstall it back but im afraid tat i make thing worse

Old 08-19-2009, 12:55 PM
I just hit it. I don't remember where, or even if that made it stop, but it sure helped me.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:00 PM
5 Year Member
will try, thanks for ur suggestion, that sound really freaking me out .
Anymore suggestion ? bro/sis help~!

Old 09-27-2009, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I've noticed that my Honda Fit also has rattling noises coming from the rear seat area.
I believe it's coming from the RIGHT rear seat... and it only occurs when the seat is in the more reclined position and no one is sitting in it. I think it has to do with the clip not being tight?

Has anybody else noticed the same thing (and/or fixed it)?
I guess I'll ask the dealership to check it out the next time I bring it in for service... otherwise I just leave the seat in the upright position rather than the reclined position.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:00 PM
You're not supposed to drive with the rear seats reclined. They aren't latched in the reclined position.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
I believe it is latched... because I can hear it "click" when I recline it back. It's definitely not as loud as when it latches in the upright position.. but I do hear a "click" nonetheless.

Anybody else notice this on their GE?

Old 09-28-2009, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
Noticed it on my GD but it's actually the seat belt rattling against the door plastic. Sure it's not still that?

Old 09-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by des0late
I believe it is latched... because I can hear it "click" when I recline it back. It's definitely not as loud as when it latches in the upright position.. but I do hear a "click" nonetheless.

Anybody else notice this on their GE?
push/pull it into the upright position. You didn't have to use the latch release, did you? that's because it wasn't latched.....

Old 09-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I've noticed that my Honda Fit also has rattling noises coming from the rear seat area.
I believe it's coming from the RIGHT rear seat... and it only occurs when the seat is in the more reclined position and no one is sitting in it. I think it has to do with the clip not being tight?

Has anybody else noticed the same thing (and/or fixed it)?
I guess I'll ask the dealership to check it out the next time I bring it in for service... otherwise I just leave the seat in the upright position rather than the reclined position.
I had this same problem so we wrapped some electrical tape around the striker arm and that stopped the rattle apparently the latch on the seat gets loose and doesn't hold as tight after awhile. I checked the striker and the paint was being worn off from the latch not being tight, It was a cheap and easy fix

Old 09-28-2009, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by awptickes
push/pull it into the upright position. You didn't have to use the latch release, did you? that's because it wasn't latched.....
It is latched when reclined... it clicks into place and can't be pulled into the upright position.

Thanks wifeofdink... I'll try that suggestion. It's definitely something in that area that's rattling...

Old 09-28-2009, 08:01 PM
It is latched when reclined... it clicks into place and can't be pulled into the upright position.

Thanks wifeofdink... I'll try that suggestion. It's definitely something in that area that's rattling...
Huh? I guess I got jipped then. Dealership here I come.

Old 09-11-2022, 03:33 AM
How did you solve it?

Originally Posted by aleonga
Wonder anyone heard some rattling from the rear seat when going over bumpy road? Noise dosen't appear when someone sitting on it or leaving the seat folded down, it only appear when no one is seating on the seat.
i believe its the joint in between the seat which have 2 bolts cover by a plastic cover with a screw on. anyone knw the proper way of tightening it? pls advise, any help is much appreciated, thanks
Hey man I'm having the exact same issue. Honda fit 2008 model. Rear left seats the side where there is two screws and plastic cover keeps rattling. Only when I lift the seat up either top seat down or btm seat up the sound disappears. Had someone listen to where the rattling was from and it's exactly at the part you mentioned. (not the back latch or floorboard latch)

Please have you solved it? It's driving me crazy and mechanics don't know how to fix it.

Old 09-11-2022, 03:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxwh1skyxx
Hey man I'm having the exact same issue. Honda fit 2008 model. Rear left seats the side where there is two screws and plastic cover keeps rattling. Only when I lift the seat up either top seat down or btm seat up the sound disappears. Had someone listen to where the rattling was from and it's exactly at the part you mentioned. (not the back latch or floorboard latch)

Please have you solved it? It's driving me crazy and mechanics don't know how to fix it.

Unfortunately after struggling until i got the part adjusted and even replaced the issue cannot be sloved. The noise trigger my headache easily and i sold the car because of it.

Old 09-11-2022, 03:43 AM
Hopeful

Unfortunately after struggling until i got the part adjusted and even replaced the issue cannot be sloved. The noise trigger my headache easily and i sold the car because of it.
Oh no... if i unscrew the sides and take a look inside it wont damage anything right.

Old 09-11-2022, 04:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxwh1skyxx
Oh no... if i unscrew the sides and take a look inside it wont damage anything right.
Nothing to worry about. Its perfectly fine

Old 09-29-2022, 12:45 AM
Solved!!!!

After weeks of going crazy over the noise I have solved it. If anyone needs any help I'd be happy to assist. Just send me a message.

There is a rubber inside the side of the rear seats plastics that holds down the metal latch which helps keep the seats stowed when you do the magic seats flip up.

My rubber had shifted slightly out of place and thus the metal was freely ratlling when seats were not seated on or put in normal mode. Anytime you put up the seats in magic seat mode it won't vibrate.

Its just a matter of opening up the wide covers of the rear seats with a simple screwdriver and unplug a plastic piece holder. After removing the side plastic, you can see a rubber stopper which should always be touching the metal.

It's not a good description but if anyone in Singapore has this issue I'll help you get the noise out of your car.

*Sorry I didn't take pictures or videos. Was so focused on repairing my own issues. Now I can drive in peace without an irritating rattle.