2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What have you had fixed at a Honda dealership under warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 05:33 AM
clutch master cylinder at 1200o miles. I can feel the clutch trying to grab will the pedal is depressed.

I also get a feeling like I get a hard down shift when I brake sometimes.

Yeah the dealer finds it strange too.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:54 PM
lost motion spring replaced @ about 25,000 mi.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Back from the dead. 09 Fit Sport 5MT. Coming from a stop light the car starts wigging out on me. Seemed like no power was going to the engine when pressing down on the accelerator unless a lot of gas was applied. Stalled out a few times on the drive home. Next morning.. Crank the car up and the revs bounced around a bit before stalling out. Had roadside assistance tow the car to the dealership and had the Mass airflow sensor replaced under warranty @ 3,800 miles!

Old 03-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Cool crank seal leaking (warranty)

Just got back from the Honda dealership, my '09 Fit LX, at 13,879kms., was leaking a fluid onto the driveway. Took the car in for a look-see. The crankshaft's front seal was leaking under load (not at idle). This is the engine's passenger side, the pulley side. Another seal is on order and will be installed Easter Monday. I will not say my Fit will be resurrected on Monday but I am hoping for a miracle (no more car problems, I also own a Camry).

Originally Posted by CRXsi#32
I replaced my front crank seal under warranty...I wasn't sure if the front of the oil pan was starting to leak or the front crank seal so I took the chance and did the easier of the 2. I haven't driven much since then so I can't say if it is resolved yet. Wasn't a huge oil leak just some heavy seepage down to the pan with no real signs of a heavy drip yet.

At work we have not seen many problems with these Fits yet. The odd thing here and there but nothing substantial. All in all they are one of the best Honda has made.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Steve244

On days when the outside temp drops below 75 and driving above 50mph get a buzzing/crackling sound from the passenger A-pillar area. Almost like crinkling plastic wrap. It goes away when it warms up. Doesn't happen at low speeds so I wonder if it's related to wind pressure on the windshield.
I think I may have fixed mine without removing the trim piece- after pulling it up slightly, I just slipped some sticky sided foam tape under it and added a tiny bead of black silicone a the upper opening.

When i tapped lightly on the trim piece before it would make a tiny click when it would touch the glass... I think at freeway speeds it would quickly tap the windshield causing that annoying sound.

Last edited by jondotcom; 03-30-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:30 PM
loose screw on A pillar

I had a rattle too, passenger side front door? From reading the posts I was inspired to take a closer look. I found a naughty little screw on the inside of the passenger door's window frame. It was quite loose so I found my most perfectly fitting philips screwdriver and screwed. I hope that it helps. (I have to wait for my engine crank seal to be installed before taking the car out again...)

Another 'trick' when going over 100km/hr (60mph) is to pull in the passenger door by holding the armrest and pulling. The wind noise is greatly diminished but once you tire it comes back. My mechanic (13,871km. and I have a mechanic already) said to be careful when adjusting the door as the range is small. Ha! I could not even get the screws to loosen, and I have some big philips drivers. Must need one of those ratchet bits to "come on to it" as they say here in the Valley!

Old 03-30-2010, 07:23 PM
I bought a TW 2010 sports 3 weeks ago. Yesterday, I found out my panic button on the remote was not working. Lock/unlock button works with red LED. Tried with other remote and it worked. I guess I have one faulty key fob. I will bring it in to a dealer next week.

I wonder if the LED lights up if panic button is pressed.
Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Old 03-30-2010, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Found another defect that I would have had them fixed if I didn't have tools. My driver seat would clunk around turns like it was loose, and I just checked the front bolts and the front right one was loose (just slightly tighter than finger tight).

I knew to check it because others have mentioned it... honda should definitely catch this and the trim rattle in PDI... seems common!

Old 03-30-2010, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
I just found out my rear passenger side seat belt doesn't buckle up. It's definitely the female side that has the issue. The belt goes in, but doesn't buckle in. Guess I have a trip to the dealer pending.

Dan

Old 03-30-2010, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
Had to replace the flat arm rest piece on the driver's side door panel last month. The plastic cracked during a real cold day when I leaned on it a little too hard.. fixed under warranty without any problems.

No other problems thus far *knock on wood*

Old 03-30-2010, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
I took my 2009 auto sport in to have the MPG gauge fixed. They did the reprogram update. They also fixed the driver's side armrest that had cracked underneath the fabric. Then the weatherstripping around the window in the back behind the driver side was coming off the window and they fixed that as well.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:38 AM
5 Year Member
I'm just checking in at one year and 20,000 miles. I had the update to the fuel economy meter done last November (now meter reads 1-2 MPG high instead of 4-6 MPG high). I also mentioned a loose interior panel (passenger side-door column trim) when I had the car in for NYS inspection. The dealer said it was a broken clip, so they ordered a new panel and installed it.

That's only two minor problems in the first year. Great little car!

Old 04-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Approximately 1 year of ownership, one oil change, ~8000 miles:

Fuel economy TSB, mine is still 1-2 mpg higher but yes, much better than 5-6.

Paint chip the size of a grain of rice at the rear right corner of my front bumper (perhaps from where it meets the fender?)--dealership added touchup paint.

Right front speaker has buzzing sound at very cold (0 deg F) temps; bass suddenly goes buzzy. Speaker replaced under warranty.

That's about it. Annoying back hatch rattle remains after tightening all four screws on license plate; don't notice the old glovebox rattle any more.

Overall very very satisfied, especially with MT; still fun to drive. There's a cute girl that drives another TW GE around town and we wave at each other >squee<

Old 04-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Plastic piece on the windshield exterior came off/unglued/whatever. They replaced it very quickly.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
Notta thing , 19K on her so far.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
The dealer says I have a crank seal leak. I'm not sureif iI'm under warranty anyone know what the usual warranty is? I think I have 52.xxx miles it's a 2010

Old 05-28-2013, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
I just found out my rear passenger side seat belt doesn't buckle up. It's definitely the female side that has the issue. The belt goes in, but doesn't buckle in. Guess I have a trip to the dealer pending.

Dan
One of the buckles in the back is different so it can only will work with the center belt that comes out of the headliner.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
'09 Fit Sport bought new with only repair done being the recalled LMS issue. I tried to get the battery replaced under warranty a couple of weeks ago with no luck.

Over all very happy with the car with no issues or out of the ordinary rattles.

25,000 on the odometer.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
LMS recall (not really a warranty item) and the ECU reflash to correct the MPG calculation (not really a warranty item). C'est tout. 52,000 miles.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cfran55
The dealer says I have a crank seal leak. I'm not sureif iI'm under warranty anyone know what the usual warranty is? I think I have 52.xxx miles it's a 2010
60K 5 years powertrain warranty. You should be covered.

Quick Reply: What have you had fixed at a Honda dealership under warranty?