2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What have you had fixed at a Honda dealership under warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
I've now topped 50,000 kms (about 30,000 miles) on my '09 Sport MT. The only issue so far has been that the 12V accessory plug is now inop. This happened a couple weeks ago, and a check of the fuse box turned up nothing. The bumper-to-bumper portion of the warranty is still good until 60,000 kms. I'm working in the arctic at the moment (car is parked at home) but I'll take it in for servicing when I return in four weeks.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:30 PM
The e-brake plastic cover that broke last winter when it was -10F

Old 09-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
On my 2007 Honda Fit Sport purchased in May of that year. I have had no problems with the car except for peeling paint on the front bumper and side panels. Honda paid to have the bumper removed and sanded, repainted the bumper. I just noticed the last time I washed it it is starting to peel again. My warrany does not run out until next May so I may have to take it back and have it done all over again.

Cat :x

Old 09-29-2009, 12:54 AM
replaced the e-brake cover a few times...an automatic car wash broke my rear wiper, replaced the blade arm...thats it except...*drumroll*

a couple days ago my driver side auto window function stopped working but every other function with the windows was working fine, so i drove by the dealer and they reset it to no avail and told me to bring it in the next day so they would have a loaner car available for me. --next day, it works fine, so i'm lazy, and it's not that big of a deal so i haven't gone back.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:06 AM
i'm noticing the my drivers side window rattles over bumbs. the passanger side does not do this. i looked at it and it seems to have some front to back play. would this be covered under warranty?

Old 09-29-2009, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
gotta new motor

Old 09-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Nothing...

Old 09-29-2009, 08:48 PM
See, I don't know if it's worth it to go in on my three problems:

1) This weekend I noticed my Taffeta White (5K mi) GE has a bit of paint chipping at the junction between the right front bumper and the fender; it's about as big as a grain of rice, right on top of the seam. I noticed it as I washed it. I'm So. Pissed. Off.

2) Rattles rattles rattles. I'd never admit it on Inside Line but my fit has always had the classic wintertime glovebox rattle (the one fixed by opening it), but has also developed a right hand dash rattle closer to the window. And the hatch rattles a little when I go over a bad pothole, but I'm willing to forgive that one.

This is the weird one:
3) Does anyone else have a little white string hanging from the bottom of their door panels? Pics or GTFO, I know, but it's a white string that must have run along the door panel edge. Now it hangs straight down, about four inches. I figure it must have kept the plastic panel from rattling against the paint (?)

Old 09-29-2009, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kindofblue

This is the weird one:
3) Does anyone else have a little white string hanging from the bottom of their door panels? Pics or GTFO, I know, but it's a white string that must have run along the door panel edge. Now it hangs straight down, about four inches. I figure it must have kept the plastic panel from rattling against the paint (?)
Probably just from the shipping protection. If it's similar to what they are talking about in this thread, you can just cut it off.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...situation.html

Oh yeah, no trips for warranty work yet, although it has been in a body shop. One of my idiot friends pulled in the driveway and hit it with the winch on the front of his truck. Gouged out a nice chunk of plastic from the rear bumper. At least he payed for getting it fixed, and the guy did a good job.

Then some idiot dinged the rear hatch at Ikea down in Cincy with a shopping cart or box or something. No scratch or chip in the paint, just dinged in right where 4 creases in the hatch meet to the right and below the lic plate.

Is F'ing frustrating.

Last edited by Krizz; 09-29-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Mine was just returned from attempting to replace the plunger in the filler door. Either I have the ONLY one that's ever needed replaced, or there are many of them because the part is back ordered until the middle of October......

Old 09-30-2009, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
I have 32k miles and its never seen the dealer since I got it.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kindofblue
See, I don't know if it's worth it to go in on my three problems:

1) This weekend I noticed my Taffeta White (5K mi) GE has a bit of paint chipping at the junction between the right front bumper and the fender; it's about as big as a grain of rice, right on top of the seam. I noticed it as I washed it. I'm So. Pissed. Off.

2) Rattles rattles rattles. I'd never admit it on Inside Line but my fit has always had the classic wintertime glovebox rattle (the one fixed by opening it), but has also developed a right hand dash rattle closer to the window. And the hatch rattles a little when I go over a bad pothole, but I'm willing to forgive that one.

This is the weird one:
1. Take it in, just to have the paper trail of when it started. There are only a few ways to wash a car. Several kinds of drive through washes, the park and spray it yourself wash, and wash by hand. The car and it's paint should be able to withstand a car wash. NONE of my previous cars ever had paint coming off for no good reason.

2. Take it in, have it replaced. I think it's just incredibly poor design on that one. I know someone with a Yaris that is a year older than my Fit, and the car has like 60-70K on it. It's been driven through hot and cold weather (snow and inland Ca). Not one rattle at all from the glove box. Not one. It's SOLID. Meanwhile, my Fit, not exposed to any extremes, developed the rattle at mile 600.

3. Don't pull the strings! The whole car will unravel like a cheap shirt!

Old 09-30-2009, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite

3. Don't pull the string! The whole car will unravel like a cheap shirt!
Or for light days............ It may stain the upholstery too.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by McGurk
So I guess you're a tech for Honda?
i work at honda and i havent seen a single one come in for anything less then a radiator flush cuz they were hearing gurgling noises...

Old 09-30-2009, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
My A/C fan stopped blowing air in settings 1-3. Then it stopped altogether.

Took her in and they replaced the A/C Blower Motor and Resistor.

(2009 Base with 10K miles).

Old 10-01-2009, 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by evil_s10
I have read about that, but even still I have driven plenty of new cars that do not do that. Im not one that is gonna settle for the "thats normal operation". When I purchased the vehicle they had to jump start it to get it going. The next morning it started up very slowly. I took it in that day and they checked the battery and said it was ok. Being a master certified mercedes benz tech I know this shouldnt be this way. So to the dealer I go when I have the first oil change done.
The dimming occurred on my 2001 Civic too. It happens to Honda's.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:13 AM
Originally Posted by Shora
My A/C fan stopped blowing air in settings 1-3. Then it stopped altogether.

Took her in and they replaced the A/C Blower Motor and Resistor.

(2009 Base with 10K miles).

I just had that happen today. Im bringing it to the dealer tomorrow.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Steve244
Fixed? or still annoying?

I have the same sound I think. On days when the outside temp drops below 75 and driving above 50mph get a buzzing/crackling sound from the passenger A-pillar area. Almost like crinkling plastic wrap. It goes away when it warms up. Doesn't happen at low speeds so I wonder if it's related to wind pressure on the windshield.

Was going to mention it when I take it in for maintenance or it gets colder and does it all the time. Otherwise... nothing...

I have this too!!! OMG...have you gotten it fixed? This is the one really annoying thing of my car--everything else is great.
My noise is EXACTLY as you described!!!!!

Old 10-02-2009, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
I have this too!!! OMG...have you gotten it fixed? This is the one really annoying thing of my car--everything else is great.
My noise is EXACTLY as you described!!!!!
heh, I might try this week. It sounds like it might be common enough they've had to deal with it before, or there might be a service bulletin about a solution.

In the meantime I'm going to try to have someone else drive so I can localize the noise to the A-pillar trim or the dash. Might even be the windshield flexing.

Whoever finds out first, be sure to post the solution here!

Old 10-02-2009, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
Haha, yeah I've had someone else drive, and I've tried to push/put my finger to stop the noise, and it seems like the dash, right near the windshield...something there rubbing. I put some felt there, and it has quieted but not stopped.

Also, the little black panel next to the small window on the outside of the car on that side, when pushed, makes a weird creaking noise. My driver's side black panel, does not creak or move at all when pushed.

Any ideas guys?

I hope Steve can go soon--if not, the next time I'll be able to go will be Thanksgiving Holidays (I'm a teacher).

This is annoying...sounds like crackly paper, plastic or a really rapid rattle.
Grrr...
I only experience it in 4th and 5th above 40mph and mostly on cooler days or nights.

Quick Reply: What have you had fixed at a Honda dealership under warranty?