2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2010 Fit Sport

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 01:49 PM
2010 Fit Sport

Hi I'm new here , at present I'm FITless (my wife might say Clueless also), however, that may change at 2:30pm this afternoon. I'll be negotiating a price on a Fit Sport.
That's assuming the dealer doesn't require me to pay for his kids tuition in the deal.

With that said I've been lurking and using some of the posts as research tools last few weeks (as well as other informative sites). My initial purchase was going to be a Ford Fiesta, however, after my research I've moved over to the Fit camp (some might say the Dark Side).

It's good to see everyone keeping so FIT!

Thanks for sharing all the great information!

Old 09-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Congrats. I'm glad to see a potential Fiesta buyer realizing you can't beat the Fit. Good luck!
I've had my Fit Sport since Feb 09 and love it. You won't be disappointed. Just remember if they don't give you the price you want...there is always other dealerships with Fits. I went to three different dealerships when I bought mine.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome. The Fiesta is decent, but I have always been partial to Honda. Hope you enjoy it.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Originally Posted by Committobefit08
Congrats. I'm glad to see a potential Fiesta buyer realizing you can't beat the Fit. Good luck!
I've had my Fit Sport since Feb 09 and love it. You won't be disappointed. Just remember if they don't give you the price you want...there is always other dealerships with Fits. I went to three different dealerships when I bought mine.
I've got 4 3x4 cards with locations of the dealers that have the model and color I want (200 mi radius).
I drive close to 500 checking out the competing manufactures, as well as multiple trips to get questions answered that I was having trouble with.

However, the Ford Fiesta is quite impressive and other than a couple of interior problems they put up quite a fight and had Honda on the ropes. They (Honda) only pulled it out on the 8 count of 10 before lights out. But a win is a win!

But with that said Honda has given me a couple of issues with the company diatribe on options.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenpoist

I've got 4 3x4 cards with locations of the dealers that have the model and color I want (200 mi radius).
I drive close to 500 checking out the competing manufactures, as well as multiple trips to get questions answered that I was having trouble with.

However, the Ford Fiesta is quite impressive and other than a couple of interior problems they put up quite a fight and had Honda on the ropes. They (Honda) only pulled it out on the 8 count of 10 before lights out. But a win is a win!

But with that said Honda has given me a couple of issues with the company diatribe on options.
I'm glad you're choosing the right car. The Fiesta's interior materials are so cheap, and the interior room does not compare to the Fit's.

You HAVE read the latest comparo at Car and Driver right?:

Ford Fiesta vs. Honda Fit vs. Mazda 2 Comparison Test - Car and Driver

Old 09-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
You HAVE read the latest comparo at Car and Driver right?:

Ford Fiesta vs. Honda Fit vs. Mazda 2 Comparison Test - Car and Driver
Yep, that's what sealed the deal for me. Bought a 2010 Sport MT a couple weeks ago. Loving it, but still hating LA traffic.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:00 PM
I too am looking at the Fit. A friend of mine mentioned the Fiesta but it does nothing for me. I sat in one and I think that Ford is trying to hard to make things "cool" inside the cabin. I personally am drawn to the Honda's understated eveything inside the Fit. Even the wheels on the Fiesta scream "we are trying hard to get your attention." Once again, Honda's 16 inch Fit wheels are nice, simple, sporty, and classy looking in my opinion.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:35 AM

Also remember the Fit has been out for 2 years longer in the U.S.. Ford had their chance see the competition and to rise above the competition. But like they usually do..they settled, for 2nd.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Well it's official I now own an Orange Revolution Sport AT FIT.
I guess now I actually Fit in (bad pun I know).

This has to have been the easiest car buy I've ever done, well 4 weeks of extensive comparing and research. My Wife wanted to pay no more then 17k, they gave her the price she wanted and 4.24%. All is good today (with the exception of being at work)!

I drive the Cajon Pass (San Bernardino Mountain CA area) everyday so I needed better mileage then my PT Cruiser (21mpg avg.).

This place is a fount of knowledge.

Thanks all for the warm welcome and useful insight.
Remember if everything is coming your way, your in the wrong lane!

Old 09-29-2010, 09:45 AM
Welcome to the freakworld. Let the real fun begin!

Old 09-29-2010, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
Well it's official I now own an Orange Revolution Sport AT FIT.
I guess now I actually Fit in (bad pun I know).
Congrats on your new Fit. You will love it So much fun to ride....

Old 09-29-2010, 01:15 PM
sooznd I see you back from your excursion, or are you still on the road? Tidewater Blue treating you well?

Old 09-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Congrats on the buy!
Welcome to the Fit family.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by badlin
Yep, that's what sealed the deal for me. Bought a 2010 Sport MT a couple weeks ago. Loving it, but still hating LA traffic.
Even in LA traffic I'm having fun in the Fit, though this car gets seriously abused by other drivers. Its cute design makes other drivers think they can cut you off or win a game of chicken, as opposed to say if I were driving an SUV. Other cars I've owned ranged from an RSX to Accord Coupe, and nothing came close to the abuse the Fit gets. It's my biggest "complaint" of the car.

Sorry to go off topic.