2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

is autotransmission ge8 strong enough?? PLEASE PRO TUNER REPLY

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 02:30 AM
Originally Posted by ANGGGER
Thanks very very big thanks......
So I keep the money for the bigger turbo and bigger exhaust system rite??
I know it will make very loud sound.. And some sound pollution..hahaha but it's the only way to make a real GE MONSTER..hehe..
And now my car runs on 202 hp and it is not too noisy..
Some my friends shocked because my car ran fast but the sound is not so loud..
Oohh today I buy 2 gauge meter for my car..
Water temp and oil press meter.. It's right or not dsm??
Just glad I could help, this is a very cool project as there are only a few GE turbos right now! You and Lyon are the only ones running on this forum, and I am helping 4 other members on this forum get their GE's turbocharged!

Including a guy in India! Maybe he will post in here or start his own thread as he gets closer to finished.

Water temp and oil pressure are very nice gauges to have!

You want your water temp to be 85*C when you race and when it starts to get too high like over 100*C you should let the engine cool off.

Oil pressure should go up 10psi or 0.7bar for every 1000rpm. So redline should be around 5 bar (75psi) and idle around 1bar (15psi) too much or too little oil pressure is very bad for the engine. So this is a particularly nice gauge to have. Where will the oil pressure sensor be mounted?

If your oil pressure is too high or too low you can use different weight oils to help bring it back to a better pressure range. Turbos are especially sensitive to oil pressure. Oil pressure can even affect spool in some cases.

But for now, because of the hot climate, your 20w50 oil is probably perfect! Let us know what you find out after you install the gauges!

To get more out of your current turbo and future turbos, you will want a 75mm inside diameter exhaust system from the turbo all the way back.

And yes, I would start to save up for bigger turbo just make sure it fits into the engine bay where you want or need it.

But always leave yourself money for maintenance like engine oil and transmission fluid changes.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 02-10-2011 at 02:33 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Just glad I could help, this is a very cool project as there are only a few GE turbos right now! You and Lyon are the only ones running on this forum, and I am helping 4 other members on this forum get their GE's turbocharged!

Including a guy in India! Maybe he will post in here or start his own thread as he gets closer to finished.

Water temp and oil pressure are very nice gauges to have!

You want your water temp to be 85*C when you race and when it starts to get too high like over 100*C you should let the engine cool off.

Oil pressure should go up 10psi or 0.7bar for every 1000rpm. So redline should be around 5 bar (75psi) and idle around 1bar (15psi) too much or too little oil pressure is very bad for the engine. So this is a particularly nice gauge to have. Where will the oil pressure sensor be mounted?

If your oil pressure is too high or too low you can use different weight oils to help bring it back to a better pressure range. Turbos are especially sensitive to oil pressure. Oil pressure can even affect spool in some cases.

But for now, because of the hot climate, your 20w50 oil is probably perfect! Let us know what you find out after you install the gauges!

To get more out of your current turbo and future turbos, you will want a 75mm inside diameter exhaust system from the turbo all the way back.

And yes, I would start to save up for bigger turbo just make sure it fits into the engine bay where you want or need it.

But always leave yourself money for maintenance like engine oil and transmission fluid changes.
what??
in indonesia many GE owner have turbocharger in their car..
many people pick HKS Fcon is for the piggyback..but my tuner is not worthed so i pick dastek unichip Q+..
DASTEK

FYI if i runs my engine in manual transmission it will be 220-230hp..
this automatic trans make some power loss..huft..
sigmaspeed tune my car very well.. and it has 2 dyno room (the only dual dyno room in indonesia )..haha
20w50 is perfect??thanks you..
maybe i'm the only one that used this for GE..
many GE owners in indonesia used FK Massimo Trinity 0w-20w Oil
but my tunner say blitz 20w50 still the best for turbo car..
ohhh today is very very hot in here..
and nowaday the prices gasoline is increase so much..
for ron 95 cost 8450 rupiahs / Ltr..
$1 = 9100 rupiahs..

for the sensor of oil press will be mounted in oil line.. at T line oil or at sanwich in oil filter..

hhhmm..
my autotransmission cannot handle my little turbo and my little exhust....so if pick a bigger ones it will cannot handle them at all..

Old 02-13-2011, 09:33 AM
what??
in indonesia many GE owner have turbocharger in their car..
many people pick HKS Fcon is for the piggyback..but my tuner is not worthed so i pick dastek unichip Q+..
DASTEK

FYI if i runs my engine in manual transmission it will be 220-230hp..
this automatic trans make some power loss..huft..
sigmaspeed tune my car very well.. and it has 2 dyno room (the only dual dyno room in indonesia )..haha
20w50 is perfect??thanks you..
maybe i'm the only one that used this for GE..
many GE owners in indonesia used FK Massimo Trinity 0w-20w Oil
but my tunner say blitz 20w50 still the best for turbo car..
ohhh today is very very hot in here..
and nowaday the prices gasoline is increase so much..
for ron 95 cost 8450 rupiahs / Ltr..
$1 = 9100 rupiahs..

for the sensor of oil press will be mounted in oil line.. at T line oil or at sanwich in oil filter..

hhhmm..
my autotransmission cannot handle my little turbo and my little exhust....so if pick a bigger ones it will cannot handle them at all..
akhirnyaaaa gw nemu jg postingan lo dimari kekekekek #ehgakbolehpake bahasakitayak

well after i've read almost all discussion, my only opinion is change ur trans to manual,period

Old 02-14-2011, 04:15 AM
heellloo dsm..where are you...
hoho
happy valentine day bro...

Old 02-28-2011, 02:40 AM
heellloo dsm..where are you...
hoho
happy valentine day bro...

Hey sorry, I just got your PM.. I think you should be able to get away with 1.25bar! But if it starts to show signs of slip or if the trans gets hot, you may have to back it down a bit!

Old 04-09-2011, 06:47 AM
good thread tons of info

Old 07-02-2012, 04:28 AM
i think this thread teach me alot.. thank you TS and all repliers here..

salute

Old 07-02-2012, 04:37 AM
is there anyone here know the crankshaft gear diameter for L15A engine ?