2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wind noise drivers door

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Wind noise drivers door

Have been driving my wife's 2010 Fit Sport the past day while she has been out of town. I have noticed a little bit of wind noise before especially on the highway but last night we had some pretty heavy duty wind. Getting a really pronounced wind noise from the door...almost as if there is not a good seal between the door and rubber.

Around town it is pretty quiet but the highway you can hear a bit of wind rush

Normal for the Fit? She has about 500 miles before hitting 36K so not sure if anything dealer can do? Seems like if I pull on door it lessens noise (creating tighter seal)

Others have this issue?

Old 02-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Actually I have the same issue and am close to the warranty expiring too and it drives me CRAZY! The funny thing is I have a blackberry pearl sport too but it's an 09. I Hope some others can chime in because I've searched the threads and the internet and couldn't find anything. =[

Old 02-22-2011, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone else??

Old 02-22-2011, 10:30 PM
no wind noise here....i got 2010 sport...only 500miles on it though...

Old 02-23-2011, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
i occasionally hear wind/rattle during high cross winds.

i also had a general rattle coming from the weather seal on the door.

i went to home depot (or lowes) bought frost king brand rubber foam weather seal.
3/4" wide, 7/16" thick. i cut about a 9" strip of it and applied directly to the rubber weather strip on the frame of the car (where the top of the door comes into contact with the frame when the door is shut). it ended the rattle permanently. i dont know if it will specifically end the problems discussed in this thread but it might. it certainly gives a more snug fit when the door is shut.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:48 AM
I often get a flutter from either my front driver's or passenger's side door, depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fits_of_Fury
I often get a flutter from either my front driver's or passenger's side door, depending on which way the wind is blowing.

good description. that's exactly what i get during a strong crosswind.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by Blackberry Goose
Have been driving my wife's 2010 Fit Sport the past day while she has been out of town. I have noticed a little bit of wind noise before especially on the highway but last night we had some pretty heavy duty wind. Getting a really pronounced wind noise from the door...almost as if there is not a good seal between the door and rubber.

Around town it is pretty quiet but the highway you can hear a bit of wind rush

Normal for the Fit? She has about 500 miles before hitting 36K so not sure if anything dealer can do? Seems like if I pull on door it lessens noise (creating tighter seal)

Others have this issue?
Originally Posted by Fits_of_Fury
Also when driving on a bumpy road (no extra wind)?

I get noise from the weather seal on the door when I push the door, when already closed, from outside inside... But it seems that only from the driver's door. The same affect is on a bumpy road or when the wind blow. Honda service doesn't hear anything ... yeah, right ... grrr

Last edited by eljuero; 02-23-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:30 PM
I got it too on both doors at hwy speed or heavy wind. Door adjustment required? I need to take it in for this and other warranty work.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by Blackberry Goose
Anyone else??
From the number and rate of responses to your OP, this may not be a common occurrence amongst FIT users compared to other issues... , do you think it is a good idea to call Honda Corporate and talk to a service agent about your wind problem...

I think chances are higher that they would know about the door seal issue even if these issues are not that widespread amongst the FIT community it seems comparatively with other issues... and if you are on the phone with Honda Corporate agents, they may be able let you know on the spot the warranty as well with regard to this issue. Who knows, if you are lucky, they will give you a repair authorization number to bring to the dealership for repair on the house.

It happened to me for my former Honda Accord airbag issue. After the dealership wanted to charge me for its repair, I called Honda Corporate and negotiated a free airbag replacement for my warranty expired 10 year old accord (which I had before I traded in for my FIT). Honda Corporate gave me an authorization number so that the dealership can invoice Honda instead of billing me after the airbag repair.

My 2 cents

Old 02-28-2011, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member
My new Fit is solid, no wind noise at door...on my wifes I can lean a bit on the door and the wind noise really picks up...we just past 36K yesterday...wonder if we are sol...

Old 03-01-2011, 07:08 PM
My 09 fit started with some wind noise from the driver door by my head at around 21,227 miles or so.

I was thinking that the hinges might of loosened up and the door was sagging a bit?

Old 03-01-2011, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cardinal
My 09 fit started with some wind noise from the driver door by my head at around 21,227 miles or so.

I was thinking that the hinges might of loosened up and the door was sagging a bit?
So have you had it looked at?

Old 03-02-2011, 12:55 AM
I brought my '10 Fit in for this very issue. At highway speeds with a strong crosswind, the front doors sound like they are coming partially open at the top rear of the door. I can replicate the sound by pushing on the top rear corner of each front door at highway speeds.

The dealership said they couldn't replicate the problem....funny.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:23 AM
Old 03-08-2011, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DRANGED
I brought my '10 Fit in for this very issue. At highway speeds with a strong crosswind, the front doors sound like they are coming partially open at the top rear of the door. I can replicate the sound by pushing on the top rear corner of each front door at highway speeds.

The dealership said they couldn't replicate the problem....funny.
yep me too, also the window rattles when down a little and going over small bumps like oner a bridge. i think i will bring this in for work!