2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

optional armrest

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 02:12 PM
optional armrest

Hi all,
I just purchased a 2011 Fit sport auto.If I have the optional accessory armrest installed, would I loose the two rear cupholders in the center console?

Old 06-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by richsfit
Hi all,
I just purchased a 2011 Fit sport auto.If I have the optional accessory armrest installed, would I loose the two rear cupholders in the center console?
You lose the rear most one. It also blocks the forward one from the rear seat.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Yes you would.

The Honda arm rest is of superb quality. It does have a small area I use for my change.

You can buy aftermarket arm rests with cup holders on the back, but there is no comparison to OEM.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:35 PM
i never use the center console rear cupholders anyway....only the dash ones and the door ones and the 2 in the center console front...the centerconsole rear ones are kinda too far back for my liking, so i just put my coins there. the FIT has 10 cupholders total, 6 in front & 4 in rear, the rear 2 in the center console are for people who sit in the back...but my son has a carseat that has 2 cupholders itself...so get the HONDA OEM center armrest, it's worth it!!!

Old 06-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Why would you want your passengers to have cup holders, they would just end up spilling it and making a mess in the backseat.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
Rear Passengers already have cup holders in the doors so they don't really lose anything (maybe someone in the center does)

They don't really work well as cup holders anyway as they are rectangular.

~SB

Old 06-13-2011, 06:07 PM
I must be in the minority here, but I would not get it. Since you have a sport, you already have an armrest on the driver seat

I had the center console installed when I bought my fit, but I did have the car for about a week while waiting for the part to get in. After, I found the original armrest is more comfortable. The sliding top of the optional one does not stay in position very well. It has spots that it clicks in, but it does not take much force to move it out of those spots. Also, being in the center, and small, passengers sometimes try to take my armrest as their own.

The only thing I really like about it is I have somewhere to stash a spare house key and my roommate's spare car key thats out of sight. But really, the interior space of it is really only good enough for that, or a pack of gum or mints or something like that. I'd rather have the 2 original cup holders back, but to install it, holes are drilled in those.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
I am happy with my aftermarket armrest from Zeta--quite a bit less $ than the oem-looks decent and simple install. It has a good amount of storage, too.
I found the one that comes standard with the Sport got in my way, because it came too far forward.
09 + Honda Fit Storage Armrest

Old 06-13-2011, 11:25 PM
I may dump the center console and go back to the oem armrest...found it more comfortable but maybe just me.

You can either cover up the holes with some felt or just buy a new center console for short money

Old 08-12-2011, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
I am happy with my aftermarket armrest from Zeta--quite a bit less $ than the oem-looks decent and simple install. It has a good amount of storage, too.
I found the one that comes standard with the Sport got in my way, because it came too far forward.
09 + Honda Fit Storage Armrest
So you like the zetaproducts one? I like how the installation looks way easier then the Honda OEM one. Can you tell me if it is stable? Did it require any glue or drilling to have it secured in that cupholder?

Old 08-13-2011, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Atmos
So you like the zetaproducts one? I like how the installation looks way easier then the Honda OEM one. Can you tell me if it is stable? Did it require any glue or drilling to have it secured in that cupholder?
the Zeta one comes with a screw that you put in the center rear cupholder, I never bothered to screw it in and it is has been stable enough for me for the past year. I do not use the armrest to push myself out of the car as someone mentioned they do on another thread--I do not think it would be sturdy enough for doing that on a regular basis.