2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Question for Crystal Black Pearl Owners...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
Black pearl looks great on FIT.....It's just great....nothing else more to say......

Old 10-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by AllBlkEvrythng10
I feel similarly, Cicatrix. A CBP Fit is much more of a common sight than a clean white one around here. The only thing that sets me apart are the eyelids, in which case I am thankful to have a black car because it was easy to match the paint. Swirl removing, polishing and waxing will become your friends throughout the life of your car.
What do you use for swirl removal, polishing and waxing? I bought a CBP Fit a few weeks ago, and I love it, but I do want to keep it looking great!

Old 10-21-2011, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by FitStir
So it shouldn't be a problem keeping the car relatively clean. As mentioned, wash it, claybar it & then wax it. With weekly cleanings/detail spray it will stay clean longer. I'd even recommend putting some sealer (ie. Meguiars sealant) before waxing, I've tried it and it helps keep the car shinier for longer.

Supposedly the Fit has less coats of paint/clear coat from the factory to cut costs, that's what gave me the idea to add more clear coats for protection. I never did it, as I just thought of it recently and after having owned the car for almost 3 yrs it makes no sense to do it now with all the minor rock chips on the front hood. But since I will be keeping the car till it dies I will probably get it repainted a yr or 2 after I get the sunroof, and finish my mods list.
What kind of claybar did you use on such soft paint? Did you use anything for swirl removal?

Old 10-21-2011, 05:45 PM
maintenance of a CBP Fit

What do y'all use for polishing, waxing, etc? What type of claybar? I've been researching different brands of detailing supplies, and it's overwhelming. What are your favorites, and why?

Old 10-21-2011, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by littleblackcar
What kind of claybar did you use on such soft paint? Did you use anything for swirl removal?
I bought the Meguiar's claybar kit. It's a mild claybar, came with 2, also a detailing spray, and I think cases for the claybars, maybe something else about $25. I wasn't too concerned with removing all swirls, mainly I focused on the few small scratches. For that I used the Meguiar's paint cleaner, and for the bigger scratches ScratchX. I've owned the car for almost 3 yrs, and only used the clay bar once on it. I was going to do it again after last winter but didn't have time. Planning on it before this winter, and give it a good sealing, and a few coats of wax before this winter, but we'll see.

Check this thread for more info --->https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ar-my-car.html

While you're there check out the Fit care forum, there are plenty of threads with expert opinions and advice on how to wash, wax, etc. ---> Fit Care - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Old 10-21-2011, 07:49 PM
I use a combination of products- mostly Meguiars:

Meguiar's Clay Bar w spray package
" Ultimate Compound
" Swirl Remover (#9)
" Show Car Glaze (#7)
Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

I do this whole list every 3-6 Months depending on the weather and use Quik Wax sprays in after washes. Any other color and I could cut this list in half.. but its worth it