2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JDM L15 motor swap?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by sandblasted
LOL. That's about really all I have to say about most of the hate going on here. As for the L15 motor swap question I asked that everyone is getting all bent out of shape about, relax. Holy fuck. LOL. It's a question, and was a thought I had. Just exploring options. Isn't that what this about? Isn't that why there's a forum? LOL. Unreal.

As for there being a "turbo kit" available for the ge8, sorry but I want a fucking kit. Not a mishmash of parts that "might" work, and let me down while I'm driving my fit as a daily driver to work. I don't have shit tons of money to dump into another motor is this one blows. This being my only means of transportation if it shits the bed, I'm out. So for saying there is a kit available I'll have to disagree with you IMO. Once my fit becomes my project car and it can sit in the garage for months while I build the car up, then yea, I'll piece a kit together.
Why I'm on here trying to defend what I asked, or anything like this is beyond me. Your tired of reading about people complaint about this and that and no turbos for cars and all. Most people know fuck all about turbo. So for turbo king to get upset for regular people having issues and not understanding shit, doesn't set a good image. You've offered to help me with a turbo setup, but finances aren't there, and along with a garage built turbo kit, they aren't realiable enough for me to do it. The extent of my turbo knowledge goes to friends that have them, and seeing all their headaches.

In saying that, a reply like /begin rant /end rant shit is something that will push people away from the site. Me personally, I don't give a fuck, and I'll still ask you for help if/when I get a turbo. But for someone new posting, and you give them a reply like that, you really think they will reply, or post again? Yes, it's the internet, and blah blah blah, but that's the easy way out. Bah. /end rant. LOL
A mishmash of parts that might work?

They will work. The important ones are specifically for this car. The same formula of parts works on every single OBD2 car with the exception of the tuning device(s) and as luck would have it both GD and GE have several available.

If your friends have headaches from their turbocharged cars they should sell them.

If you are worried about money, and its your only means of transport why would you consider an unprecedented engine swap?

If you know fuck all about turbos, you shouldn't have one on your car. Especially one that didn't have a turbo from the factory, bolt on or not.

As far as a garage built kit being unreliable? Bullshit. It's because folks like you can't be bothered to do the basic maintainence on them, cut corners, and fail to keep simple habits like letting the fucker warm up and cool down.

Logic, get some.

Also, as it stands I am not here for member retention, so that doesn't concern me when most of the folks who know what they are talking about leave because of the myriad stupid posts and repeat questions, often in teenage textspeak laden with LOLs and shit. If you can't be bothered to take the time to do some research on your own before posting, I could care less if you come back. As it is, I stop in here far less frequently for the sole reason that I feel like I lose brain cells when I read some of these posts.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 10-22-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
LOL. Relax bud. Step off your high horse, and realize not everyone is as smrt as you. We can't all be like you. You started somewhere didn't you? Remember that when talking to people.

Common sense. Get some. LOL

Last edited by sandblasted; 10-22-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:35 PM
It has nothing to do with smart. And you are right everyone has to start somewhere, you have yet to start it seems.

As far as common sense? This is coming from the kid who was going to swap the whole damn engine just because of an EGR valve, when a cursory search of this site or google would've shown you how silly that is.

Not only that but no one has even done the USDM-JDM swap to my knowledge. It would likely double or triple your build cost between shipping and the engine its self.

For that amount you could've bought several bolt on kits and made them work. You can literally just block off the EGR with a small metal plate.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
Kid. Lmao. Are you so narrow minded to think that someone who doesnt know what you know is a kid? Anyways, this is a complete waste of time. For both you and me. For you cuz you could be helping some one in a turbo build that is up to your standards of knowledge, and for me cuz I could be out playing with my trucks in the mud.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:54 PM
I would like to believe someone who has made it beyond being a kid could use these here internets to do some basic searching.

You make a good point. I have a trike to do some muddin' with myself at the moment.

Cheers.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
Kind of sad this thread derailed so quickly...

I hope we still see a DIY What to buy thread though

Old 10-22-2011, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
@ sandblasted...DSM and Lyon both are unique to this forum but most of the guys that I have met that know how to make things go like they do are the same way... Most of the ones that can do the same as them but are reserved and quiet aren't going to tell you shit.. The ones that know as much and do freely speak patiently and make sure you listen catch on and can do the same aren't speaking all that freely because they are making big bucks as teachers. I have only met one guy like that. He has had the same job for over 30 years, had worked for Kawasaki doing the same, built road race bikes and co founded the Central Road Race Club and at the time he did that, taught math in elementary school... The guy was so into what he did that he was over 40 when he married..... These guys that are as involved with this stuff aren't really assholes but just seem that way because they forget to go out and get laid as often as they should.... That is some strong dedication...

Old 10-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Hahaha yea Tex, Because of our conflicting hours I only get some about 2 times a week from the GF.

That'll make anyone cranky.

Old 10-22-2011, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
Old age and medication has me in a condition where I am not even interested in that kind of activity anymore.

Old 10-22-2011, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
Where is the OP getting the thought that piecing together a kit requires the car be down for months? You get everything you need, then you install it, then you tune it, then you enjoy it/maintain it.

That doesn't seem any different than a kit, just is more catered for your specific wants.

Old 10-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by sandblasted

In saying that, a reply like /begin rant /end rant shit is something that will push people away from the site. Me personally, I don't give a fuck, and I'll still ask you for help if/when I get a turbo. But for someone new posting, and you give them a reply like that, you really think they will reply, or post again? Yes, it's the internet, and blah blah blah, but that's the easy way out. Bah. /end rant. LOL
I agree that we don't want this place to become like Honda-tech or clubrsx.com

Ninja edit: too late (just read second page).

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
These guys that are as involved with this stuff aren't really assholes but just seem that way because they forget to go out and get laid as often as they should.... That is some strong dedication...

I was like that in medical school. I'd like to think I've mellowed out now.

Last edited by blackndecker; 10-22-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:00 PM
Please delete.

Last edited by blackndecker; 10-22-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by j1nNju1c3
Kind of sad this thread derailed so quickly...

I hope we still see a DIY What to buy thread though
*sigh* It's all here...it's all been spelled out. There really isn't anymore info you need.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...rbo-build.html

Originally Posted by mike410b
Where is the OP getting the thought that piecing together a kit requires the car be down for months? You get everything you need, then you install it, then you tune it, then you enjoy it/maintain it.

That doesn't seem any different than a kit, just is more catered for your specific wants.
Cut sandblasted some slack. I take the first post as more "flight of ideas" than sincere interest in importing a JDM motor.

Little things creep up in a build...especially if you have to get something fabricated or, worse, run out of cash. Although, if this is your only car you really shouldn't be experimenting with boost.

Last edited by blackndecker; 10-22-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member
I don't think I was all that harsh was I? I just put what has been said by others into less words?

Old 10-23-2011, 12:24 AM
Ok yo, so i want 2 do a motr swap and turbo it. im thinking f20c. ya know, the honda 2000 motor. its got like 250 hp alredy so a turbo wil make a lot mor hp. i have like 1000 2 $$$ spend, but if i have 2 i guess i can get liek 1500 $$$. also, car can only be down for leik a single weeknd. so any tips 2 get this done quick and cheap? i want mad power yo

Last edited by SSMTEN; 10-23-2011 at 12:34 AM.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
I'd steal some electronics from semi's if I were you

Old 10-23-2011, 01:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SSMTEN
Ok yo, so i want 2 do a motr swap and turbo it. im thinking f20c. ya know, the honda 2000 motor. its got like 250 hp alredy so a turbo wil make a lot mor hp. i have like 1000 2 $$$ spend, but if i have 2 i guess i can get liek 1500 $$$. also, car can only be down for leik a single weeknd. so any tips 2 get this done quick and cheap? i want mad power yo
Lol did your autocorrect shit all over or did you hang out in the ghetto too long?

If you put a turbo'd f20c in a Fit you can get close to 700hp with the right amount of boost/tuning. You're tranny will shit as well as everything else that's stock to the fit, but hey, who else has that much power in a fit?

Guy near where I used to live has an s2000 turbo'd with all stock parts pretty much. Walks away from 1000cc bikes.

Video: s2000 from hell

This video never happened btw. All computer generated special effects with a green screen.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
This video never happened btw. All computer generated special effects with a green screen.
Ya, but I still want one.