2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance ECU for the 09+ Fit

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
Performance ECU for the 09+ Fit

Sooo, I was looking for some other parts for another vehicle, and came across a performance ECU from JET. I do not remember seeing a discussion on the board about this, so I asked the company and have some info.

JET Chip

Part #: 65001

They state:
"We can reprogram your ECU to add about 12+ HP and 10+ FPT at the wheels."

I asked back:

Does this reflash require the use of higher than 87 octane pump gas?
Does this reflash cause the check engine light to come on?
Are there any drivability issues concerned with this reflash?
How many have you done for this particular model of car (2009)

They replied:

"Yes, 89 octane gas or better must be used after programming because of the timing advancement. You will not get any check engine lights because of our programming. We have done easily 100+ Honda Fit upgrades since 2009."

Their website states:

The JET Performance Import Computer Upgrade Package is the solution to performance tuning import and domestic sport compact vehicles. Import computers do not have computer chips that are easily removed, making it necessary for JET engineers to either reprogram the vehicle’s existing chip or remove and replace the chip by desoldering it from the circuit board. The kit provides you with all the materials required to safely send your vehicle computer to JET’s lab for a high performance software upgrade. Once we receive your ECU it will be programmed according to the information you provide on the vehicle specification sheet to optimize performance and mileage to match your specific modifications. JET's exclusive Dynamic Spectrum Tuning provides optimal performance across the entire power band-not just at full throttle. Programming includes extensive modification to air/fuel ratios, ignition advance and boost pressures for turbo applications.

They also sell a upgraded mass flow sensor.

Part #: 69133

The JET Powr-Flo Mass Air Sensor delivers improved horsepower, torque and mileage from your car, truck or SUV by simply replacing the restrictive stock mass air sensor. The factory sensor not only is a major restrictive point in stock intake systems, but it also limits the full potential of aftermarket cold air intake systems. The flow bench tested design of the JET Mass Air Sensor provides airflow increases of up to 45% and installs in 10 minutes or less. Compatible with other aftermarket upgrades such as computer upgrades, cold air intakes, TBI spacers, free flow exhaust systems, etc.

Has anybody heard of this, and if so, has anybody tried it?

Old 12-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Smells like bullshit. The part number is the same for GE and GD, in spite of the fact that multiple sensors are different, as are the ECUs themselves.

And it is only $330, so it is expensive bullshit to boot.

You don't gain power simply from changing a MAF, either. On a stock Fit, the MAF on the GE is not restrictive. And that's another $200 haha

You could step up to a 3.5" GM MAF for half of that, but so far no one is even moving enough air mass to need a different MAF.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 12-12-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Can't speak for the MAF, but the ECU sounds like a scam. Honda hires some of the best engineers in the world. I really doubt a small, internet-only company has the R&D resources to squeeze more power out of the Fit than Honda already has. I'd save your money.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Salt Lake City
Can't speak for the MAF, but the ECU sounds like a scam. Honda hires some of the best engineers in the world. I really doubt a small, internet-only company has the R&D resources to squeeze more power out of the Fit than Honda already has. I'd save your money.

It not hard to pull more power out of the motor, granted theres just not much to pull out on stock VE with stock cams and springs.. The stock ECU is just not programmed with power in mind nor are the intake/exhaust tracts set up for flow and top end power. It is all about meeting emissions while providing as much mid-range torque as possible.

But a real reflash or a flashable ECM is going to run at least $700. Like the J's or RCA reflashes for instance.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 12-12-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Smells like bullshit. The part number is the same for GE and GD, in spite of the fact that multiple sensors are different, as are the ECUs themselves.
They are selling a shipping kit and the cost of the upgrade:

"The kit provides you with all the materials required to safely send your vehicle computer to JET’s lab for a high performance software upgrade"

So, the part number can be the same.

Has anybody tried this upgrade???

Last edited by Roger's Fit; 12-12-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Don't bother. Seriously. There is no way in hell I would give these chumps my ECU.

Buy an FIC if you want to make actual, tangible changes to your tune.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
Don't bother. Seriously. There is no way in hell I would give these chumps my ECU.

Buy an FIC if you want to make actual, tangible changes to your tune.
Originally Posted by Roger's Fit
Has anybody heard of this, and if so, has anybody tried it?
Originally Posted by Roger's Fit
Has anybody tried this upgrade???
I will take this as a no.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:29 PM
I've used Jet before- lots of issues for minimal gains. It's a custom reflash, although in the past (twice), I sent out ECU's for this, and one time, it wouldn't even power up (poor soldering, which destroyed the ECU- replaced and back to stock on Jet's dime), and the other it ran like crap until we demanded a refund. Stay away.
Also, their plug-in reflashes are garbage, too. The Fit is FAR from a performance application, so the 1-3 WHP you MIGHT get from this is NOT worth the risk, let alone the cost.
As DSM said, there is ALWAYS more power to be pulled from any OEM ECU plot- they have to tune for crap gas and low emissions. If you are capable of getting decent quality fuel, and increased octane in some cases, you most certainly can get more power for not a lot of coin. I just sure as hell wouldn't ever send mine or customer's moneys to Jet again- Mark W.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thaduke2003
I've used Jet before- lots of issues for minimal gains. It's a custom reflash, although in the past (twice), I sent out ECU's for this, and one time, it wouldn't even power up (poor soldering, which destroyed the ECU- replaced and back to stock on Jet's dime), and the other it ran like crap until we demanded a refund. Stay away.
Also, their plug-in reflashes are garbage, too. The Fit is FAR from a performance application, so the 1-3 WHP you MIGHT get from this is NOT worth the risk, let alone the cost.
As DSM said, there is ALWAYS more power to be pulled from any OEM ECU plot- they have to tune for crap gas and low emissions. If you are capable of getting decent quality fuel, and increased octane in some cases, you most certainly can get more power for not a lot of coin. I just sure as hell wouldn't ever send mine or customer's moneys to Jet again- Mark W.
Exactly what I am looking for. Somebody with experience with this company.

Thanks.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:41 PM
No problem. But I've never heard anything good from end users whom I didn't suspect worked for Jet. No clue how they stay in business... Mark W.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Bingo. Some things are obviously a scam.

I don't have to have sex with a Somali hooker to know its a bad idea.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
I don't have to have sex with a Somali hooker to know its a bad idea.
Oh crap.....

Old 03-27-2015, 02:23 PM
I have gotten a plug in "tuner" for my 99 crown vic before, after i had done a custom intake, dual flowmaster exhaust, cut the downflow catalytic convertors, upgraded the spark plugs to platinum and the ignition coils to accel supercoils. All the damn tuner did was set the car to require either midgrade or premium gas with NO gains. I sent it back immediately. Now truth be told, it was probably because of the type of tuner i got instead of going to a shop, but im really hesitant to believe anything Jet sells. Even if ktuner finishes their tuner for the ge8 fit completely, ill still wait till someone else does it