2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

My New Honda Fit 2012 Sport

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Talking My New Honda Fit 2012 Sport

I love it!!
Although I didn't get the manual what i was planning on getting
but thinking about swapping the transmission!
What did you guys do to your cars first?
I want to put suspension, lowering springs and tires as well as wheels!
This is it

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...78131886_n.jpg

Old 03-24-2012, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
You should add some image tags to that picture so it is automatically loaded.

Good tires should be one of the first things you do. It improves pretty much all aspects of the car.

A girl I know lived in Whittier for a while She seemed quite fond of it.

Also, welcome!

Old 03-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Why would you buy a new car as an automatic when you wanted a manual? even if the dealer didn't have it in stock the Fit isn't really as in demand as it use to be. My dealer found my Milano Red MT Sport and shipped it in less than a week.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by krunk13
Why would you buy a new car as an automatic when you wanted a manual? even if the dealer didn't have it in stock the Fit isn't really as in demand as it use to be. My dealer found my Milano Red MT Sport and shipped it in less than a week.
Well I still live under my parents roof and they didn't think that would be a good car for me since I've only been driving for two years. They think driving manual is like a rocketship lol

Old 03-24-2012, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
well, I can understand their reasoning a bit.

driving a manual does require a bit more thought and effort than driving an auto.

1 leg and 1 arm (preferably both on the right side)... and you can drive an auto... even comfortably.

but to drive a manual comfortably, you'll need all four limbs. if any are injured (or missing)... it ain't gonna be fun. I hurt my left foot last month... and it was a PITA to drive.

along with the limbs... is the thought and concentration about all of the actions. distractions tend to magnify themselves when things are more complicated. I hate when my sister calls me (and I don't have my bluetooth headset on), especially, when I'm still at low speeds and have to upshift.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:26 AM
Between this thread and this..https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...nna-drive.html I feel like this car is for kids

Last edited by matt1357; 03-25-2012 at 02:31 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:49 AM
5 Year Member
Nice car and glad you're liking it. Sucks about the manual thing. My dad taught be to drive by pulling over on the side of the road, handing me the keys and saying "push the clutch and the brake, put it in gear and don't stall it" lol So all my cars have been manual since.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:30 AM
I feel like automatics are more dangerous because they encourage you to do other things while driving. Never answer the phone while driving

Old 03-25-2012, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by matt1357
Between this thread and this..https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...nna-drive.html I feel like this car is for kids
yeah... don't come to the villages around where I work (i deliver across 5 suburban towns north of Chicago).

Someone bought a Nissan GTR for their teenage kid. Another gave theirs a shiny new Corvette. And WAY too many of them with brand new BMWs (I don't pay enough attention to know which series).

All I can think is... that's such a BADDDDDDDD idea. Brand new high end/sports cars are expensive to insure. And while they will be very cautious in the early days because it's a new car... they will have a day where they feel like gunning it or otherwise showing off the car... and wrap themselves around a tree. With the way their parents drive around here... even "normal" is a bit much.

I haven't seen the GTR in a while... hum...

Old 03-25-2012, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
It may feel like it, but I'll wager most here are far from kids. I'm 48 and the Fit hits that fun, economical, sporty sweet spot even we 40 somethings have. And if we're talking young drivers- they ALL suck no matter what's under their ass. That's why they're so expensive to insure. They either get lucky and avoid accidents until normal matuirty sets in, or they take the more usual route- a couple of accidents learning the hard way and hopefully not causing serious injury to either party. Just getting successfully from point A to point B does not a good driver make, when you're a young driver. You only become a good driver when put to multiple tests of varying degrees trouble and close calls, dealt to you from other morons. It's called defensive driving and it's the only way anyone should be driving because WE are not causing the problem, right? Sometimes agressive moves need to be done for saftey too. But all of that combined is beyond the young inexperienced driver. And that's what keeps me awake at night when my daughter is on the road. Please, just let her lessons of the road be non-tragic.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member