2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2012 Fit was totaled this morning.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueBoogers
Sure:

I was on the four-lane divided road at around 60mph. She inched forward at a stop sign coming out of her neighborhood and began to proceed forward to jump ahead of me rather than wait five seconds. She then saw me, froze up and stopped completely right with her driver's door in my path of travel. I reacted quickly by steering right (behind her) and slamming on the brakes. Jumped the curb, took out the stop sign, and slammed into the fence and concrete / brick piling.
Old? Young? Just plain retarded? I can't believe you didn't go off on her. I know I would have.. I have an extremely short temper when it comes to stupidity especially when peoples lives are at stake.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
Arrghhhh.... #@$##@@$$ drivers!!!! I know shouda, coulda, wouldas are pointless now but... Anyway so sorry BB... I feel your pain...

Sure:

I was on the four-lane divided road at around 60mph. She inched forward at a stop sign coming out of her neighborhood and began to proceed forward to jump ahead of me rather than wait five seconds. She then saw me, froze up and stopped completely right with her driver's door in my path of travel. I reacted quickly by steering right (behind her) and slamming on the brakes. Jumped the curb, took out the stop sign, and slammed into the fence and concrete / brick piling.

Last edited by Subie; 04-15-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
Old? Young? Just plain retarded? I can't believe you didn't go off on her. I know I would have.. I have an extremely short temper when it comes to stupidity especially when peoples lives are at stake.
~50 year old woman just oblivious to other cars. Right when I got out and stepped over the damaged bushes, I said to her:

"Why the hell did you stop?"
"I just froze up. I didn't see you"
"It's a bright white car and I had my headlights on, dumbass"
"I...uhhh..."

at which point I walked over to her car and took a picture of the license plate just in case. I grabbed my breakfast that I purchased a few minutes before and sat on the storm drain, ate my breakfast, and called the cops.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
~50 year old woman just oblivious to other cars. Right when I got out and stepped over the damaged bushes, I said to her:

"Why the hell did you stop?"
"I just froze up. I didn't see you"
"It's a bright white car and I had my headlights on, dumbass"
"I...uhhh..."

at which point I walked over to her car and took a picture of the license plate just in case. I grabbed my breakfast that I purchased a few minutes before and sat on the storm drain, ate my breakfast, and called the cops.
Bright white car, Bright red mirrors, BRIGHT freaking headlights! ... How do you not see that? Is she legally blind?

I'm surprised your breakfast made it through the wreck. I know my dinner that I had sitting on the passenger seat didn't.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
Bright white car, Bright red mirrors, BRIGHT freaking headlights! ... How do you not see that? Is she legally blind?

I'm surprised your breakfast made it through the wreck. I know my dinner that I had sitting on the passenger seat didn't.
My coffee was in the cupholder at left of the steering wheel shot all over the windshield. It was a nice mix of coffee and airbag smoke in there.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
My coffee was in the cupholder at left of the steering wheel shot all over the windshield. It was a nice mix of coffee and airbag smoke in there.
That smoke smells god awful too.. Probably woke you up more than coffee ever will. lol

How long till you start getting some $$ to move on? I know it took about a week for me to get a check, but I was on the phone first thing monday morning and making phone calls all day monday and tuesday.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
That smoke smells god awful too.. Probably woke you up more than coffee ever will. lol

How long till you start getting some $$ to move on? I know it took about a week for me to get a check, but I was on the phone first thing monday morning and making phone calls all day monday and tuesday.
I'll call the claim rep tomorrow at 0700 to get a rental rolling so I can go to the doctor. I have some chest pain as the time is progressing, so something may be worse than I originally expected in regards to personal injury.

I imagine 3-4 weeks is realistic all said and done. I need to go swap out some parts while I still can. Shift knob, shifter, mirror cap (interior), rear JDM emblem, and tail lights.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
I'll call the claim rep tomorrow at 0700 to get a rental rolling so I can go to the doctor. I have some chest pain as the time is progressing, so something may be worse than I originally expected in regards to personal injury.

I imagine 3-4 weeks is realistic all said and done. I need to go swap out some parts while I still can. Shift knob, shifter, mirror cap (interior), rear JDM emblem, and tail lights.
Once that Adrenaline wears off you'll start feeling it. If I'm right you'll sleep alright tonight. Tomorrow night, it'll be a little hard to find a comfortable position unless you sleep flat on your back.

Yeah get that stuff while you can. Are the FX-Rs worth a shit anymore or even salvageable?

Old 04-15-2012, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
Once that Adrenaline wears off you'll start feeling it. If I'm right you'll sleep alright tonight. Tomorrow night, it'll be a little hard to find a comfortable position unless you sleep flat on your back.

Yeah get that stuff while you can. Are the FX-Rs worth a shit anymore or even salvageable?
The DS light is untouched. The PS light is ruined including the ballast and CBI. I'm going to take the DS CBI out while I can, but I don't care about the projector since I have access to many more obviously.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
I don't care about the projector since I have access to many more obviously.
Oh I know this lol :P I was gonna see if you could get them and sell em cheap. But if they aren't worth it then don't worry about it lol.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
Oh I know this lol :P I was gonna see if you could get them and sell em cheap. But if they aren't worth it then don't worry about it lol.
I have one CBI available. Haha

Old 04-15-2012, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
I have one CBI available. Haha
Lmfao save it for an emergency spare.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:09 PM
OMG really? This reminds me of that southpark episode with the old people driving.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
It's a good thing she stayed on the scene to receive those citations, and didn't try to revise history. Do you have some other witnesses that you can call upon if necessary?

Old 04-15-2012, 06:21 PM
Sure:

Sounds like you reacted in a way that was least dangerous for everyone except yourself, and I commend you for that. Some people might have hit her or veered left into another car, but you sacrificed your beloved Fit so everyone could stay safe. Also, the conversation you had with her sounds funny as hell. I hope you feel better and definitely go see that doctor!

Old 04-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Hate to see any thread about a Fit being totalled but your Fit was so sweet! Can't believe that person could not see you coming. You do need to be checked out just incase you have any injuries that are not obvious. Please let us know how it goes with the insurance adjuster - hope everything works out for you!

Old 04-15-2012, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
...at which point I walked over to her car and took a picture of the license plate just in case. I grabbed my breakfast that I purchased a few minutes before and sat on the storm drain, ate my breakfast, and called the cops.
Kudos to you for being so cool under the circumstances... If put that much work into the car and have that happen, I would've lost my breakfast instead Well at least you didn't waste your breakfast money... Hope everything works out for you!

Old 04-15-2012, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
Sure:

Sad to say it, but... been there, done that. Luckily I was going slower... so all I ended up doing was honking as I came to a stop.

Echoing what everyone else said... good job avoiding her, too bad about the Fit.... and see a doctor, asap.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
Wow! Sorry to read this BB.

Glad you're fine. Please see a doctor as soon as you can.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Sure:

so you were on a 4 lane road and already have seen her from afar inching forward and you opted to still keep going at 60mph on the right lane? what happened to defensive driving and anticipations?

Quick Reply: My 2012 Fit was totaled this morning.