2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Happy new owner - 2012 Fit Sport M/T

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Happy new owner - 2012 Fit Sport M/T

Hey gang, I've had a deposit down for about 6 weeks and I finally got to pick up my Fit this morning. I had to go from there basically straight to work so no pictures yet, but I'll post some later on in this thread when I get a chance.

2012 Fit Sport Polished Metal Metallic with manual transmission. 8 miles on the odometer when I took possession. No dealer accessories and I plan to quickly tint all around to around 30%. I really want to get those Clazzio seat covers in black & gray to match the black interior & gray exterior of my car, but that may have to wait a bit.

I'm so glad I decided to wait for the manual instead of going with an on-the-lot automatic. Yeah it doesn't give me much more power, but it's fun and goes well with the over all fun-factor of the Fit. It makes me smile zipping around in traffic. Several people at my office had to come outside to look of course and cries of "Oh it's cute!" from the girls were followed by a lot of "wow!" when I showed them how big it is inside with the back seats down. Love it!

I made a quick stop at my house before continuing on to work and the car even passed the dreaded driveway test! I have one of those short, but steep driveways with a dip at the bottom that most cars always scrape going over, but the fit's front and rear bumpers are so close to the tires that they just suck right through with the tire and never scrape. My wife's Outback is so long it always scrapes if there are more than 2 people in the car.

It was worth the wait and I'm pretty damn happy right now.

EDIT: here's a quick pic taken with my phone in my office's parking lot...
Name:  zrXdo.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  199.6 KB

Last edited by Shadowplay; 06-15-2012 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Added picture
Old 06-14-2012, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
yeah... we get a lot of "oh wow" here when the back seats are down...

Old 06-14-2012, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
this week alone ive shown 4 poeple my car that walk up to me asking about it saying its nice when i do the back seat trick and open the back hatch there like dammmm thats coool

Old 06-14-2012, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by Wafulz
this week alone ive shown 4 poeple my car that walk up to me asking about it saying its nice when i do the back seat trick and open the back hatch there like dammmm thats coool
I'm finding that's gonna happen a lot and so far, gotta say it's pretty satisfying. Not that I need other people's approval, but it's nice when it comes hehe.

Ran out to grab lunch... finding I'm not a fan of the new car smell when it's been sitting in the sun all day. I'll be happen when these new materials stop venting the fumes so much.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Sorry for the double-post - updated the top post with a picture.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:25 PM
First mod ordered - Clazzio Seat Covers

Hey all, just ordered the black PVC Clazzio Seat Covers from Bean Garage for $270, free shipping and currently in stock. I was leaning towards the black outer with light gray center and light gray stitching. I think that would have looked fantastic in my Polished Metal Metallic Fit, but I'm excited to get the black covers in a week as I already am dealing with every little bit of crud sticking to the seats.