2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I love the Fit!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Huy Bui
sounds like the Boss 302 isn't your ideal car... but at least you have the Fit. lol.
The Boss 302 is awesome on the track, which is why I got it, but for street use, it is not ideal at all

Old 09-26-2013, 07:38 PM
glad you feel that way. for me, it isn't worth having a car that isn't comfortable on the street as I had a 2 hour drive to the track every time... and part of it passed through Los Angeles traffic. i still have nightmares from driving in traffic with a race clutch. never again. never again.

Old 09-28-2013, 04:07 AM
5 Year Member
I am still itching for a 3.7 mustang but we will see what 2015 has to offer. 2011 5.0s are getting in my price range.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 09-28-2013 at 04:10 AM.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:11 AM
Wait for 2015

Old 09-28-2013, 01:39 PM
ohw
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shu
This is going to sound weird, but I think the lack of power actually makes this car more fun to me. I can thrash on the motor, go WOT, take it to the rev limiter, but it's so slow I don't actually get anywhere. In the more powerful cars, I could do that for only a brief period before I'm already doing 100 mph. Fun over. The slowness of the car, coupled with the lightweight and quick steering and good handling make this car an absolute blast to drive. The added bonus of filling up for less than $35 is just gravy.
Couldn’t agree more with your statement. We bought the FIT originally for wife’s daily commute. Then I discovered that I can drive it hard without getting into serious trouble. It may not be my 1st choice for the track, but it allows me to feel like I am actually driving vs commuting. For around town, we always take the FIT and leave the rest in the garage. We keep the car very stock and low key looking, the cops don’t even look at us.

Old 09-29-2013, 02:12 PM
Administrator
I have had quite a few cars too OP and honestly my GE also checks off all the boxes for what I am looking for in a car

Economical, fun to drive, plenty of room, and plenty of aftermarket support

I'm about 5 months in so far, honestly it's one of the smartest choices I have ever made automotive-wise

Old 10-03-2013, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
I am a tall guy so I have always been into big cars with rear wheel drive so that was what I've always owned. I just love the soft ride and boat like feel of a big car driving down the road. I took a departure from my love to purchase my last car which was a brand new 2001 VW Jetta. I have no idea why I ever bought it because I hated it almost imediately. I was never able to find the seating / steering wheel arangement that made my car comfortable to drive. The fit and finish was really nice, ride was smooth enough and the steering was perfect but other than that there wasn't much to like about the car. I just never felt like I was a VW type of guy. When it started to have mechanical problems after a year...I started to hate it and it only got worse from there.
I was convinced that I was going to go back to my big car ways so I went to the car show and I sat in all types of new "big" cars. I was really surprised to find that some of what used to be the biggest cars on the road like the Cadillac and Lincolns seemed tiny inside. I thought I'd try some of the smaller cars and they were even worse (for some reason I never sat in the fit).
the first time I saw the Honda Fit, it was on the road. At first I thought it was ugly and dare I say...a bit dorky but it slowly began to grow on me the more of them I saw. It wasn't until my next door neighbor got one and she asked me help her move some boxes and things into it that it really impressed me. I found the interior to be really roomy and classy...not dorky at all but when she popped the back seat up and we loaded that thing with more stuff than I could imagine...it blew me away. I asked her if I could sit in the drivers seat and sure enough...the Fit fit. I had plenty of leg room, loads of head room and with my seat all the way back, someone in the back seat could still be comfortable. Amazing. Once I test drove one I knew it would be my next car. I still love the big cars but I can honestly say that I may never go back. Does it have a cloud like ride? not in the least but the ease of parking in the city, combined with it's manuverability in traffic, versatility and overall economy...I am happy to make the trade off.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:33 PM
yeah, part of it for me is I am a big guy and i have back problems... i love sports cars, but its always a compromise and i end up not wanting to drive the car because of discomfort. there is no discomfort here and this car is every bit as nimble as a miata. with mods, it can handle as well as anything.

Old 10-03-2013, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Huy Bui
yeah, part of it for me is I am a big guy and i have back problems... i love sports cars, but its always a compromise and i end up not wanting to drive the car because of discomfort. there is no discomfort here and this car is every bit as nimble as a miata. with mods, it can handle as well as anything.
What mods woud you recommend? Please attach links as well as estimated installation cost if you would. Also what would you recommend that would help this little car take the bumps better and won't break the bank (referrably something that needs to be replaced eventually...I have 63k on my car).

Old 10-05-2013, 05:27 PM
My fit is exactly what I thought it was going to be.

I really enjoy driving it.

My Evo 8 has been my favorite car I've ever owned.

Had to trade in my X for this car for economic reasons with the intentions of getting back into a CT9A.

I'll have a terribly tough decision to make come next spring.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by shawnshank
What mods woud you recommend? Please attach links as well as estimated installation cost if you would. Also what would you recommend that would help this little car take the bumps better and won't break the bank (referrably something that needs to be replaced eventually...I have 63k on my car).
I am thinking Spoon dampers will help improve ride, as well as handling. They are Showa dampers, so they should be really nice. (OE for the NSX and S2000) the Spoon front sway bar with Swift springs ruined the ride, but greatly improved handling. One or the other seems to be fine though, with minimal sacrifice ride-wise, but neither will improve the ride. I will get Spoon dampers in hopes to fix that when mine go out. I also have the Progress rear sway bar. You want to get some good tires, I am talking 200 treadwear rated or less.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Vanilla2
My fit is exactly what I thought it was going to be.

I really enjoy driving it.

My Evo 8 has been my favorite car I've ever owned.

Had to trade in my X for this car for economic reasons with the intentions of getting back into a CT9A.

I'll have a terribly tough decision to make come next spring.
Excellent steering on EVO's. I always hated the steering on my Subaru. I would still like both, but there are many cars I would like to own now that I have the room... I just need the money. lol.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shawnshank

Tires go along way I just switch out the OEM tires after 27.5k on them went with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 205/50/16 handles and rides much better. If you are looking for Mods some here that are DIY for little or no cost.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...s-top-ten.html

Old 10-05-2013, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ohw
Couldn’t agree more with your statement. We bought the FIT originally for wife’s daily commute. Then I discovered that I can drive it hard without getting into serious trouble. It may not be my 1st choice for the track, but it allows me to feel like I am actually driving vs commuting. For around town, we always take the FIT and leave the rest in the garage. We keep the car very stock and low key looking, the cops don’t even look at us.
This is one of the things I love about the FIT.

I used to have a 25 mile commute each direction for work and I went from a 170hp Integra GS-R to a 270hp Altima 3.5SE to the 117hp Fit. In the Altima, within less than one year, I felt like I was "Riding" to work. In the Integra and the FIT, I was "DRIVING" to work. Now that my commute is 3 miles... meh... Cant do a whole lot of "driving" in 3 miles. But I sometimes have to drive 2 hours for work and take my own car. 38mpg and getting paid $0.56/mile to go 200 miles in a car i actually like to drive is even better. Especially on VT Country Roads!!!! (and now in the fall... it's fun AND beautiful)

~SB

Old 10-05-2013, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Feel the same the ramp I have to get on in the morning is shape right goes two lanes and does a 90 degree left incline to the highway. I enter the ramp at 40 miles per hour and can take the shape left at the same speed and enter the highway at 60mph in low gear. Usually passing cars on the ramp who are in the right lane or braking to take the final curve. However, they usually catch up on the highway because there is a speed trap about two miles down so I do not continue to increase my speed but I look forward to my ride in the morning.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cjecpa
Tires go along way I just switch out the OEM tires after 27.5k on them went with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 205/50/16 handles and rides much better. If you are looking for Mods some here that are DIY for little or no cost.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...s-top-ten.html
How are these tires in the wet/snow/deep snow?

After 5 years of ownership of my Fit Sport MT, I still get blow away by this car. It comes into its element when I take it on windy roads...absolute blast and a pleasure to drive! Then for commuting I would average over 41 mpg on every tank full on my 45-mile commute, including bumper-to-bumper traffic. Then, when I have to haul big stuff or a lot of stuff, it simply amazes how much I can fit in it, or how it swallows massive boxes in its hatch.

Simply one of the best cars I've owned, maybe matching my '94 Integra GS-R. My previous car was an '08 Accord Coupe 6MT. Lovely, powerful and refined engine with some serious power/speed, and fun-to-drive, but not as much of a hoot as this Fit.

I think I refuse to give this car up.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member
Consumer Reports rates them average in Snow they are consider all season performance or Ultra Performance. Where the Michelin Primacy MXV4(H) and Continental ProContact EcoPlus ( brought for my wife's 12 Camry) are rated above average in snow but are not available in any size that fit our cars unless you are on 15" wheels.