2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Best Floor Mats, Period.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Just checking - is it seeping through to the carpet underneath? And how long have you used the mats before it happened? That's kind of a let down.. I put function ahead of looks.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 13MPP
Just checking - is it seeping through to the carpet underneath? And how long have you used the mats before it happened? That's kind of a let down.. I put function ahead of looks.
It's seeping into the white material and not beading on top of that area. It doesn't appear it's made it through just yet. This replacement was received in September, 2013. The first replacement was a known defect that Joe explained on the forum.

Highly disappointed that the company does not stand behind it's product. I understand that there's no perfect product, but it's how you stand behind your product when there's an issue. Anyway, lesson learned on this one.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by 2012FitFan
It's seeping into the white material and not beading on top of that area. It doesn't appear it's made it through just yet. This replacement was received in September, 2013. The first replacement was a known defect that Joe explained on the forum.

Highly disappointed that the company does not stand behind it's product. I understand that there's no perfect product, but it's how you stand behind your product when there's an issue. Anyway, lesson learned on this one.
Was just about to hit the complete purchase button for these. I'm gonna have to wait and see how that plays out for you before I do anything now. Please report back if something changes and they make that right for you.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by arandomfitowner
Was just about to hit the complete purchase button for these. I'm gonna have to wait and see how that plays out for you before I do anything now. Please report back if something changes and they make that right for you.
I pointed their customer service representative to this thread. Unfortunately, it's their parts manager that made the poor decision. She told me she would share it with him, but my gut feeling is they won't help. I'll update if I should hear back.

Old 04-18-2014, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
It's time I updated this thread for the final time.

Auto Distributor Direct never got back with me in regards to replacing "The Best Floor Mats, Period.", even though he said he would "soon" in this post here: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1231607

It's been over a week since Joe made that post. I haven't heard one thing from him. Nothing at all.

I also e-mailed and pointed his post to the U-ACE representative. She never replied as well. No communication at all. Nothing from either party.

If you're considering liners/mats for your Fit, it's my opinion that the vendor and manufacturer do not stand behind the product. I'm just offering up my experience as a buyer beware. The 3 year warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Weathertech, purchased through a different vendor, would be a much better option. At the very least it's a proven product and they would make things right under warranty.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by 2012FitFan
....haven't heard one thing....also e-mailed........No communication at all...........I'm just offering up my experience as a buyer beware...........Weathertech..a much better option. ...
Wanting to replace some original mats on my GD before it goes to my wife's niece. Came across this 3D thread and sent a PM last April 6 and again on April 8. As with some posts, same result, NOT A SINGLE REPLY!!!

Will now decide between Weathertech and Husky. As "FitFan" suggests, my experience would certainly indicate BUYER BEWARE from this retailer. The product may be decent so find another source if you need to have it. Decided to stick with the more established.

UPDATE 4/22/14:

Finally got a reply today. My original inquiry was for the expected availability of GK mats. No news yet according to ADD. As for GD mats, too late, found a set of used Husky's for a Fit from Craigslist for $50. Originally for a GE but it fits so all is good.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-22-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Wanting to replace some original mats on my GD before it goes to my wife's niece. Came across this 3D thread and sent a PM last April 6 and again on April 8. As with some posts, same result, NOT A SINGLE REPLY!!!

Will now decide between Weathertech and Husky. As "FitFan" suggests, my experience would certainly indicate BUYER BEWARE from this retailer. The product may be decent so find another source if you need to have it. Decided to stick with the more established.
That's really poor service and exactly what I've experienced communication wise. When this started I left him a voice message, with my number and sent him a PM. No response. He did post in the thread over a week ago, but disappeared. The manufacturer, U-ACE, is very aware of this thread and they don't seem to care.

I've had members contact me via PM asking if they resolved my warranty issue. I had to say no and just like you looking elsewhere, I can only assume others will too.

If you have to jump through hoops so they honor their warranty, I guess lack of communication should be expected. It's fine, eventually I'll replace the fronts with Weathertech's.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
Updating the progress of my warranty request again.

I've made contact with Joe, from Auto Distributor Direct and he's offered to replace my front liners. Let me say this, Joe is the one standing behind this product. Joe even said, via e-mail, he didn't understand why U-ACE would not make this right.

U-ACE, the manufacturer, has ignored my e-mails. They do not stand behind their product and 3 year warranty. Because of this horrible customer service experience, I will never recommend U-ACE or this product again. Buyer beware of U-ACE and their lack of warranty service.

I will say that the vendor, Auto Distributor Direct, is at least trying to make this right. After I finally receive my replacements, I will update this thread again.

Last edited by 2012FitFan; 04-25-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:30 AM
A lot more useful than my mugen mats

Old 04-28-2014, 08:54 AM
Banned
Well it looks like 3D is taking notice of the complaints. We are in talks with management over their non replacement of the mats above. As I had said before I will always get these taken care of even if the manufacturer does not. Anyone who has problems can contact me on my direct line at 989-714-3795 at any time. We have been going around with shipping replacements from our store and 3D so there was a delay in processing, slabs the above mats were not unfunctionally damaged so we have not expedited the claim. The above mats will be shipped replacements today.

Joe

Old 04-28-2014, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member
I just spoke to Joe via phone. He was very apologetic and wants to help. That's more than I can say for U-ACE. It appears, as he said, that U-ACE is taking notice of their poor service. Joe told me he will contact me later today and advise if U-ACE is sending the replacement liners. If not, he will take care of it.

Having said that and in my opinion, U-ACE should make this right. I could never imagine buying a product from a vendor and then the vendor has to make it right for the manufacturer? And in this case, the manufacturer and not the vendor denied my claim. It's been 3 weeks now since my initial contact with U-ACE. This is unacceptable for sure.

I look forward to your call, Joe. Thank you for trying.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
Finally... a positive update to my denied U-ACE warranty claim. All due solely to Joe Rau's efforts at Auto Distributor Direct.

Let me say this, Joe Rau was the only one willing to help. He's more committed to the 3D liner product, than the manufacturer U-ACE. He called me a couple of times via phone and was extremely apologetic. He's shipping me a new front set and to my surprise, he even included a return label for all the trouble U-ACE put me through.

Let me say this, I think this is a good product. No product is perfect and this was never the issue. I do not think that U-ACE is committed to customer service and it's warranty, which was the issue.

In this experience, I do know Joe will warranty the product and provide great customer service. Having said that, if you have any issues with this product you need to contact Joe Rau. He will help you.

Here's what Joe told me via e-mail, which I thought was very important when you consider purchasing 3D liners:

We took care of it all here. In the future I will be handling all my customer returns so no one else has to go through what you did.

Thanks,

Joe
I hope U-ACE learns something from Joe. I'm not confident they will, but Joe will definitely help you.