2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To My Canadian Friends with 2014's

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 11:53 AM
To My Canadian Friends with 2014's

Hi all,
I just purchased a 2014 Honda Fit MT Sport. It's the made in China model (I know...booooo) released in Canada. Very happy with it.
Anyway, I've been looking for OEM accessories for it at decent prices. Not an easy task. Most American sites will list the 2013 and not the 2014. I understand there is no 2014 in the USA. Have any of my Canadian friends bought any 2013 OEM accessories from the US and do the fit your 2014? If so where?
Are the American 2013s identical to the Canadian/Chinese made 2014s?

Old 05-17-2014, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by stwb
.....just purchased a 2014 Honda Fit MT Sport.....Very happy with it.
.....looking for OEM accessories......Are the American 2013s identical to the Canadian/Chinese made 2014s?
Congrats!!! Its a Fit, no matter where its made. Glad your happy with it.

There should be no difference between aftermarket accessories for US and Canadian Fits. What can be installed on a US 2013 Fit will surely be the same for your 2014 model. Create a thread and post pics.

According to my son, my wife and I should relocate to Vancouver, Canada. If only I could leave my current job and get rid of my multiple mortgages, I would!!! Am tired of all this heat!!!

Old 05-17-2014, 12:12 PM
Thanks RottBoy,

That's what I figured. I just wanted to make sure. I got a response back from Bernardi Honda in the US saying they could not guarantee fitment. But I suppose they are just protecting themselves.

And don't relocate to Vancouver as you would soon tire of all the rain.

Thanks!

Old 05-17-2014, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator
.........And don't relocate to Vancouver as you would soon tire of all the rain.......
When you order from US sources, just tell them you have a '13. That will completely eliminate any misunderstandings. If you want better deals, check on Ebay as many Honda dealers post discounted prices there for OEM parts.

Hell, I'm so cheap, my oil filter is Purolater, oil is SuperTech from Wally's, brakes discs Centric, and the list goes on.............
But for now, your consumables should remain OEM as your still under warranty.

Appreciate the tip about rain in Vnc. Will now nix the migration.
Nah, am lying again. Can't leave for the next 2 decades with all my current debt.

Old 05-17-2014, 02:14 PM
How about this. We'll trade debt...and houses. Moving from Saskatoon to Hawaii is likely worth your debt especially in the middle of January

Old 05-17-2014, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
When shopping at rockauto, I remember seeing that the beck arnley coils were recommended for the Canadian Fit and the Hitachi for the US Fit. How could this be? Is a specific brand coil pack designed for Canadian Fits?

Old 05-18-2014, 01:29 PM
So I priced out a bunch of accessories for the Fit from Bernardi Honda in the states. I then priced out the same accessories from Toronto Honda in Canada. Initial prices from Bernardi are much cheaper but, if I figure in the shipping from the states+exchange rate+duty then I would still be better off getting the accessories from Toronto Honda. Next up I'll have to see if my dealer in Saskatoon can match prices with those in Toronto. Maybe I can save shipping costs all together. I've tried eBay but I seldom find a vendor who has all the accessories I want. Ordering everything individually from eBay would increase my shipping cost dramatically.

Old 05-18-2014, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator
........increase my shipping cost dramatically.
Here's my "feel good" statement:

At least your geographically situated closer than were I'm am. Lotsa US sellers offer "Free shipping in the US" with the disclaimer "except for Hawaii, Alaska...."

Happy shopping!!!

Old 05-18-2014, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
So I priced out a bunch of accessories for the Fit from Bernardi Honda in the states. I then priced out the same accessories from Toronto Honda in Canada. Initial prices from Bernardi are much cheaper but, if I figure in the shipping from the states+exchange rate+duty then I would still be better off getting the accessories from Toronto Honda. Next up I'll have to see if my dealer in Saskatoon can match prices with those in Toronto. Maybe I can save shipping costs all together. I've tried eBay but I seldom find a vendor who has all the accessories I want. Ordering everything individually from eBay would increase my shipping cost dramatically.
Slow down and shop around for stuff. First rule - Do NOT buy from anyone shipping with UPS. If so you just doubled your cost more or less. Often I find it is cheaper to have te free shipping to a friend in US and have then send with with USPS.

Modding a Fit does not require you have whatever yesterday. Next week or two is just fine. The wait is worth it.

The expensive items ask on here or do a search first. Took me 5 years to get my wheels sorted. There Kijji is your friend. I got mine for $100 and tires for $400 vs over $1000 new.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Slow down and shop around for stuff. First rule - Do NOT buy from anyone shipping with UPS. If so you just doubled your cost more or less. Often I find it is cheaper to have te free shipping to a friend in US and have then send with with USPS.

Modding a Fit does not require you have whatever yesterday. Next week or two is just fine. The wait is worth it.

The expensive items ask on here or do a search first. Took me 5 years to get my wheels sorted. There Kijji is your friend. I got mine for $100 and tires for $400 vs over $1000 new.

Yeah, you're probably right, I should slow down. The only thing I would like quickly is all season mats and a cargo tray. I just figured if I'm gonna get trashed with shipping, I might as well order a few more things to make it worth it.

So if there is anyone from Saskatoon and area out there with some all weather floor mats for a Fit, shoot me a line.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:41 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, you're probably right, I should slow down. The only thing I would like quickly is all season mats and a cargo tray. I just figured if I'm gonna get trashed with shipping, I might as well order a few more things to make it worth it.

So if there is anyone from Saskatoon and area out there with some all weather floor mats for a Fit, shoot me a line.
How far are you from the American border? I use kinek (https://www.kinek.com/) for American stuff. Costs about 5$ to receive packages and they hold them for one month free of charge. You can order a bunch of stuff and pick it all up at the border point closest to you. Then you can either risk smuggling the stuff across the border or simply pay canadian sales tax. You only have to pay duty if the stuff was manufactured outside us or Mexico (NAFTA). Also, this is great with ebay, since you don't have to pay tax or duty on used goods.

Also, if you decide to spend a few days in the USA your duty free allowance goes up to like 400$+ I believe. I just go right around the border.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by MTLian
How far are you from the American border? I use kinek (https://www.kinek.com/) for American stuff. Costs about 5$ to receive packages and they hold them for one month free of charge. You can order a bunch of stuff and pick it all up at the border point closest to you. Then you can either risk smuggling the stuff across the border or simply pay canadian sales tax. You only have to pay duty if the stuff was manufactured outside us or Mexico (NAFTA). Also, this is great with ebay, since you don't have to pay tax or duty on used goods.

Also, if you decide to spend a few days in the USA your duty free allowance goes up to like 400$+ I believe. I just go right around the border.

Hey thanks MTLian, I never realized kinek.com existed. Looks like the closest Kinek point from me is in Great Falls Montana which is a good 9 hour drive. Might have to wait. Plan a USA road trip with the family.

Old 05-19-2014, 02:15 AM
5 Year Member
Hey thanks MTLian, I never realized kinek.com existed. Looks like the closest Kinek point from me is in Great Falls Montana which is a good 9 hour drive. Might have to wait. Plan a USA road trip with the family.
Dang, 9 hours? I dunno how far you are from the border but maybe do a google search for something like "border mail service" and you might find another company closer to the Canadian border. Mine is literally a 2 minute drive from the border.

Old 05-19-2014, 02:51 AM
5 Year Member
I am in Calgary, I have used 1sthondaparts.com a couple of times. I ship via USPS and have only paid customs on 1 of 4 shipments......

They are located in WA state....will likely order from them again in a couple months......I try to think of everything I need to order to save on shipping, only order locally if I really need to as everything is double the price.....

Next year will be 2012+ sport interior trim pieces....

Old 05-19-2014, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by MTLian
Dang, 9 hours? I dunno how far you are from the border but maybe do a google search for something like "border mail service" and you might find another company closer to the Canadian border. Mine is literally a 2 minute drive from the border.

Thanks again MTLian. Looks like North Portal, ND and Noonan, ND have parcel services. They are pretty much right on the border but still a 5 hour drive. I'm not likely going to find a place closer than that though.
I'd do it if I knew there was something else to see in North Portal but I doubt there is(no offense to the good people of North Portal).

Come to think of it. The amount I would spend on gas might just negate the cost savings anyway.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by k-man
I am in Calgary, I have used 1sthondaparts.com a couple of times. I ship via USPS and have only paid customs on 1 of 4 shipments......

They are located in WA state....will likely order from them again in a couple months......I try to think of everything I need to order to save on shipping, only order locally if I really need to as everything is double the price.....

Next year will be 2012+ sport interior trim pieces....

Thanks K-man. I'll check out 1st Honda too. Their webpage seems to be having issues at the moment.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:21 PM
FWIW, I just ordered some floor mats made by MAXpider from Partsengine Canada. Seems like they cover more floor area than OEM mats. Searching around these forums it seems a lot of people didn't have much good to say about the OEM mats.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member
FWIW, I just ordered some floor mats made by MAXpider from Partsengine Canada. Seems like they cover more floor area than OEM mats. Searching around these forums it seems a lot of people didn't have much good to say about the OEM mats.
For the front can't beat WeatherTechs even though they are pricey. Amazing how much water they hold. I had almost nil salt on carpet this Spring.

Old 06-12-2014, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
Hello guys

I live in Montreal too and I use the next services:

From USA if parts price exceed 50 dollars - Plattsburgh Mail & Shipping Center

From Japan contact directly to the seller and shipping directly to my home (I paid taxes just one time of 4)

Hope this helps...

Luis

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tit-bijou.html