2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought a 2009 Fit DX-A, have a few questions, would appreciate the help :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 08:52 PM
Just bought a 2009 Fit DX-A, have a few questions, would appreciate the help :)

Hi, I'll try to not make this TLDR!

My driving experience:
  • About 30 hours across 6 months
  • In a 1.2L Ford Fiesta MT
  • In heavily congested Bristol
  • With a decent instructor
  • Now have a full UK licence
So my only other experience driving a car is in the UK with the Fiesta. I've just moved to Vancouver and bought the Fit and I need some advice.
  1. So first gear, wow what a different car, is it just me or is there pretty much feck all power in first gear? Im trying to get up some steep hills in Vancouver and I'm watching the rev's aren't too high and its just painful to listen to sometimes. Is it just me or is this a common thing? Slightly regretting not taking the automatic I spotted for sale nearby out for a test drive now....
  2. Why is the drivers foot area made of a material that acts like ice with your shoes? I almost broke my neck trying to get out the bloody thing at first. I got a mat off the dealer but it's basically just a big slippy piece of rubber over the ice now, any suggestions to either fix this or secure the mat down properly?
  3. How much would it cost to install that little USB reader port thing in the upper passenger glovebox?
  4. Is it easy to install a roof rack?
  5. Can I install a bike rack on the tow bar bit in North America? Keep reading mentions of no trailers on the fit in N.America but I dont know how it works for something like a bike rack!
  6. Long shot, anyone got a photo of what it looks like when you take the 2 seater passenger seat out of the rear? Thinking that space could be handy in summer when I try to bike/camp around BC.
My face the moment I realised it didn't have power locks when I tried to lock it up in the pitch dark at home feels more like 99 than 09!

Cheers guys

Old 02-04-2018, 07:16 AM
5 Year Member
Questions and possible answers:
1.) What is TLDR?
2.) Not sure what you / we can change about the FIT on Vancouver hills. The engine rpm would probably be the same regardless of auto or manual. Is the clutch slipping?
3.) You'll have to ask Honda about their choice of flooring. You can add non-slip materials on areas that are a problem.
4. My '11 came with a USB in the glove box but if your radio isn't equipped you probably can't add. Swap out the radio if USB is important.
5. I've seen FITs with roof racks, so people have done it but not many have felt the need.
6. I've seen pics of FITs with a small trailer similar to those for motorcycles. The only laws against a FIT pulling a trailer are the "Laws of Physics" - small / light versus to too big / heavy / dangerous / can't pull / can't stop.
7. You could probably put a bike rack on the roof and/or on the back hatch. The internet has many potential solutions.
8. Folding down the back seats gives you a large flat area in the back. Without the seats, there is no big flat area.
9. Are you saying that the power door locks aren't working or that there aren't any at all?

Almost seems like you should have bought a different car / SUV that would have addressed these "needs" / "wants".