2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 06:42 AM
5 Year Member
Parts recommendations

Hey guys,

I am doing some work on my 09 FIT in few days and I need to order the parts. My friend who is in the body shop business has access to parts at the list price and he offered me to buy them for me to save some bucks. I have a couple of choices in each category so I thought I could ask here which parts I should buy for my FIT.

All prices are in Canadian $ (CAD).

Spark plugs
NGK 6774 Laser Iridium
Denso 3401 Iridium Long Life
*both are the same price

Brake discs (Front)
Akebono Pro-Act (33$)
Bosch QuietCast (39$)
OEM Replacement (72$)
Brembo Coated (44$)

Brake pads (Front)
Wagner Thermoquiet (50$)
NISSIN OEM (65$)
Akebono Pro-Act Ultra (78$)

Brake shoes
WBR (27$)
Brembo (75$)

Brake drums
WBR Run-True Gray Coated (27$)
WBR Run-True NLA 5/15 (56$)

I'm not sure about the brake drums and shoes. I find his selection to be poor. I might look at Amazon or another supplier to get more choices. Amazon seems to have ACDelco and Raybestos. Or maybe RockAuto and ship it to Canada. But I think my friend's selection for pads, rotors and spark plugs is fine. What do you think ? Which would you recommend ?

Thanks,

Neo.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:15 PM
5 Year Member
Check on Rock Auto, it will be cheaper...

Usually, I get the parts within a couple of days!

Old 06-19-2018, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Frenzal
Check on Rock Auto, it will be cheaper...

Usually, I get the parts within a couple of days!
Thanks. I looked but with the shipping, it comes down to pretty much the same price at the end. They have more selection however (including a Centric drum kit that includes shoes and springs).

Do you have to pay customs/borders fees when shipping from RockAuto to Canada ?

Old 06-19-2018, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
Nope, everything is included. And you can set the prices in CAD directly on their site, so no exchange rate.

What you see is what you pay!
Plus, search the web and you'll easily find a coupon for 5% off!

Old 06-20-2018, 04:10 AM
5 Year Member
What is your mileage? Doubt if you need rear drums or even shoes. Both tend to last a long time.

I went with OEM pads and rotors. Why mess with something that works well for me anyways.

Mont Tremblant eh? I was only there once. Way way way back when the track first opened. Drove my Dad there from Ottawa in my newish 64 Mini.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:16 AM
5 Year Member
Oh, just like that, you can buy the OEM pads on Rock Auto for I think around 48$CAD (Beck/Arnley brand, but you'll in fact get Nissin pads).
The dealer sells them for around 90$CAD!

Old 06-20-2018, 09:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
What is your mileage? Doubt if you need rear drums or even shoes. Both tend to last a long time.

I went with OEM pads and rotors. Why mess with something that works well for me anyways.

Mont Tremblant eh? I was only there once. Way way way back when the track first opened. Drove my Dad there from Ottawa in my newish 64 Mini.
My mileage is around 220,000kms. I figured I would change my brakes on all wheels since I'm working on this. Do you happen to know who makes the OEM rotors ?

The track is still running great. I've been there a few times to watch my friend in his M3

Originally Posted by Frenzal
Oh, just like that, you can buy the OEM pads on Rock Auto for I think around 48$CAD (Beck/Arnley brand, but you'll in fact get Nissin pads).
The dealer sells them for around 90$CAD!
I thought the pads on the North American Fits where made by Akebono and Japan by Nissin. I remember reading that somewhere else. Anyway, I'm pretty set on the Akebono pads. There are the more expensive one but I hear only good things on them.

I'll try to see with my dealer for the rotors. Or I believe my friend (the same as in the original post) has a discount at the dealers due to his company.

Thanks !

Old 06-20-2018, 09:59 AM
5 Year Member
Well good luck with whatever you go with. I only have about 75000 kms on mine so only had to change fronts pads and rotors once. Back are fine.

Nice country up there. Still remember the drive home at night to Ottawa. so many blind hills and turns.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
I do suggest that you get rust protected rotors. I'm about to replace mine because last winter, they completely covered my wheels with rusty-orange looking stains. Took me forever to wash them! Won't happen next winter as I will install new brakes on front this summer, even if they are not dead yet. I do not want to spend that much time next spring to wash my wheels!