2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using the key to lock and unlock the driver door.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
Using the key to lock and unlock the driver door.

I got my daughter a 2009 Sport Fit. Couldn't find the answer in the owner manual that came with the car so I thought I'll ask here. My question is when you use the key to unlock the driver side door, if you turn it twice to the right, it will also unlock all the other doors, but when I use the key to lock the door, no matter how many times I turn the key to the left only the driver door is locked, all the other door remains unlocked. I can use the remote on the key to lock all the doors and unlock all the doors. Is this normal? I would think that if you could unlock all the doors with the key, you should be able to lock all the doors with the key.

Old 07-09-2018, 04:37 AM
5 Year Member
I just checked my owners manual. All doors should lock when you lock the driver's with key. Just maybe one of other doors not shut all the way? Now some have had problems with hatch mechanism. Maybe a shot of WD40 in there may free one that may be sticking.

Hey you are about right age for first Fit. I got mine at 67. Nine years ago.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:07 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the reply.

So it appears the actuator is not sending a lock signal to lock all the doors. This could also be the reason why sometimes when she drives the car she notices that all the locks are constantly being energized even though all the doors are locked. I guess I need to replace the driver side door actuator. Is the actuator the same for the sports model the same as the base model, since the base model didn't come with the wireless remote?

Old 07-09-2018, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
Whoa! Why are you using the key to lock doors? Just use the Fob and forget the key. When you lock with the Fob there are no problems?

From reading here on board in the past the locking system can get very expensive to start replacing parts and labour can sure add up.

If you want send me your Email and I can send you the section of the Shop Manual giving all the stuff needed to test the system.

bill

Old 07-09-2018, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
Just trying to find out why the door actuators are being energized while the doors are lock and the Fit is being driven. We use the remote to open and lock the doors on the Fit. Sent you a private message / email. Thanks for all your assistance on this.