EBAY Center Console / Armrest - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

EBAY Center Console / Armrest

Old 08-08-2018, 08:27 PM
EBAY Center Console / Armrest

Not bad at all for $40. It took about 3 weeks to arrive to the USA. Fits in firm with no drilling to attach. Just held in place with friction. Seems very stable. Plastic on the accessories are a bit thin and I'll avoid use of the ashtray or cupholder as they don't look super sturdy but otherwise well made. Simple to install (no instructions). Adjusts front to back and fits very well and does not obstruct the seat movement or emergency brake at all. Main storage compartment is decent sized and compensated for the two dishes you sacrafice. The cushion is comfortable and seems well made. Overall I like it very much and for a driver used to having a center console/armrest it is a great add on.

Last edited by Jhoutz; 08-08-2018 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-09-2018, 01:04 AM
Thank you for the review. I had contemplated getting this. Is it easy to remove and re-insert as needed?

Old 08-09-2018, 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by marmaladedad View Post
Thank you for the review. I had contemplated getting this. Is it easy to remove and re-insert as needed?
Yes, there are foam pads on the base that pushes into the existing console dishes. It presses in firmly and can be pulled back out.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:12 AM
Can you confirm the width on that unit? I looked at buying on of those for my GK. I have a different armrest now, but I wish sometimes that it would be able to slide forward a bit. Also how does the sliding work? Is it smooth? Does it hold where it is or just wants to slide back and forth on its own?

Would you also mind measuring the sliding base to the top of the armrest? I would not be using the part that slips into the center console since my GK doesn't have those cutouts. I'm looking at attaching on top of the existing center armrest.

BTW - I work in Manassas so give a honk if you see me running around

Old 08-10-2018, 06:26 AM
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2 View Post
Can you confirm the width on that unit? I looked at buying on of those for my GK. I have a different armrest now, but I wish sometimes that it would be able to slide forward a bit. Also how does the sliding work? Is it smooth? Does it hold where it is or just wants to slide back and forth on its own?

Would you also mind measuring the sliding base to the top of the armrest? I would not be using the part that slips into the center console since my GK doesn't have those cutouts. I'm looking at attaching on top of the existing center armrest.

BTW - I work in Manassas so give a honk if you see me running around
Sure. I will try to get some measurements this weekend. The slide has notches and a tab so it sort of clicks into place at each notch. It's can move several inches forward from center or rearward from center.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:33 PM
Arm rest

You can actually replace the whole center console with a newer model same body, or one for fit shuttle for only 4000 jpy 30usd i think? It fits like a glove!

Old 10-13-2018, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the review. I have been looking at armrests but wasn't sure about the quality.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:10 PM
plan on doing the same mod.
saw on ebay also. thanks for the review and pics

Old 11-06-2018, 05:46 AM
5 Year Member
I just put one in. Very nice. I had a cheap Zeta one for years. What a difference. I did have to remove the two "studs" from my original Sport arm rest. Had to stand on wrench to break them free.

Now the one drawback is how tight it is to put seat belt on but a bit of practice it should be OK.

It goes well with my Classio seat covers.

Old 11-06-2018, 05:58 AM
Clazzio

Originally Posted by Black3sr View Post
I just put one in. Very nice. I had a cheap Zeta one for years. What a difference. I did have to remove the two "studs" from my original Sport arm rest. Had to stand on wrench to break them free.

Now the one drawback is how tight it is to put seat belt on but a bit of practice it should be OK.

It goes well with my Classio seat covers.

Speaking of clazzio, is it clazzio jr? Is it really worth it? I want leather but it's winter and summer im worried about. My leather handles are cold to touch.
If i get clazzio, is it gonna be softer? Supportive? Comfortable? If yes, buying one too!

Old 11-06-2018, 07:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kitsken View Post
Speaking of clazzio, is it clazzio jr? Is it really worth it? I want leather but it's winter and summer im worried about. My leather handles are cold to touch.
If i get clazzio, is it gonna be softer? Supportive? Comfortable? If yes, buying one too!
Clazzio vs jr? No idea. They are cold but I have heat pads underneath mine that warm up within a couple kms.

Softer? Hmm can't say as have had these for almost 8 yrs. Same for Supportive and Comfortable.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:23 AM
Thanks to this post, I just placed an order for one!
Hanging around this site is going to cost me $$$...LOL!