EBAY Center Console / Armrest - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

EBAY Center Console / Armrest

Old 08-08-2018, 07:27 PM
EBAY Center Console / Armrest

Not bad at all for $40. It took about 3 weeks to arrive to the USA. Fits in firm with no drilling to attach. Just held in place with friction. Seems very stable. Plastic on the accessories are a bit thin and I'll avoid use of the ashtray or cupholder as they don't look super sturdy but otherwise well made. Simple to install (no instructions). Adjusts front to back and fits very well and does not obstruct the seat movement or emergency brake at all. Main storage compartment is decent sized and compensated for the two dishes you sacrafice. The cushion is comfortable and seems well made. Overall I like it very much and for a driver used to having a center console/armrest it is a great add on.

Last edited by Jhoutz; 08-08-2018 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-09-2018, 12:04 AM
Thank you for the review. I had contemplated getting this. Is it easy to remove and re-insert as needed?

Old 08-09-2018, 05:50 AM
Originally Posted by marmaladedad View Post
Thank you for the review. I had contemplated getting this. Is it easy to remove and re-insert as needed?
Yes, there are foam pads on the base that pushes into the existing console dishes. It presses in firmly and can be pulled back out.

Old 08-09-2018, 09:12 AM
Can you confirm the width on that unit? I looked at buying on of those for my GK. I have a different armrest now, but I wish sometimes that it would be able to slide forward a bit. Also how does the sliding work? Is it smooth? Does it hold where it is or just wants to slide back and forth on its own?

Would you also mind measuring the sliding base to the top of the armrest? I would not be using the part that slips into the center console since my GK doesn't have those cutouts. I'm looking at attaching on top of the existing center armrest.

BTW - I work in Manassas so give a honk if you see me running around

Old 08-10-2018, 05:26 AM
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2 View Post
Can you confirm the width on that unit? I looked at buying on of those for my GK. I have a different armrest now, but I wish sometimes that it would be able to slide forward a bit. Also how does the sliding work? Is it smooth? Does it hold where it is or just wants to slide back and forth on its own?

Would you also mind measuring the sliding base to the top of the armrest? I would not be using the part that slips into the center console since my GK doesn't have those cutouts. I'm looking at attaching on top of the existing center armrest.

BTW - I work in Manassas so give a honk if you see me running around
Sure. I will try to get some measurements this weekend. The slide has notches and a tab so it sort of clicks into place at each notch. It's can move several inches forward from center or rearward from center.