2nd Generation GE8 Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

The Real Service Schedule for the Honda Fit Automatic Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by n9cv
Please do not make more out of this than it is.

If you do not have a #3 in the Maintenance Minder code stop now and wait until next oil change to see if it appears then.

IF YOU HAVE NUMBER 3 on the oil change Maintenance Minder code, then pull the drain plug which takes a 3/8" square drive like a 3/8 ratchet without a socket on it. Drain the fluid. Clean the end of the plug off and replace it in the hole. If you have a new washer, then replace it on the plug. Otherwise reuse the old one. Tighten it to around 30 ft pounds. (Snug + a little bit) Pour 2.5 quarts into the fill on top. Go drive it for a few minutes. After it is warm turn, the engine off and let it sit for 60 seconds. Check the trans level dip stick and add any additional fluid if needed to make it reach the full mark.

You are done.

I strongly suggest using Honda DW-1 Fluid and nothing else.
Well, I had the dealer do it today (at 41,000 miles), while I psych myself up for the next change. All they did was a drain and fill. I'll need around 8 quarts if I want to do the x3 drain and fill, right? A funnel and the washers..... This is one of the challenges a woman alone needs to face! ). It certainly sounds easy enough, though. Next time....