2nd Generation GE8 Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

LF 2011 Trunk switch wiring diagram help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 08:01 PM
LF 2011 Trunk switch wiring diagram help.

The trunk switch on my 2011 honda fit(that controls the trunk light and tells the door lock control module if its open or shut) Is shorting out when there is rain. It causes the light to stay on and the car alarm to go off randomly. I disconected the switch because the switch closes when the door is opened hoping it would solve the problem but it is getting shorted out further upstream somewhere. I know its an orange and black wire that go to the switch but what Id like to know is where those wires connect to a wire harness or something like that further upstream so I can disconnect it there to cut out where it's getting shorted and just let it think the trunk door is always shut.

I cant find any schematics for >2008 fits and I don't want to buy a service manual to figure it out I was hoping maybe some one could help me out if they have the info. Thanks and happy new years!!!

Old 12-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by doodedge
The trunk switch on my 2011 honda fit(that controls the trunk light and tells the door lock control module if its open or shut) Is shorting out when there is rain. It causes the light to stay on and the car alarm to go off randomly. I disconected the switch because the switch closes when the door is opened hoping it would solve the problem but it is getting shorted out further upstream somewhere. I know its an orange and black wire that go to the switch but what Id like to know is where those wires connect to a wire harness or something like that further upstream so I can disconnect it there to cut out where it's getting shorted and just let it think the trunk door is always shut.

I cant find any schematics for >2008 fits and I don't want to buy a service manual to figure it out I was hoping maybe some one could help me out if they have the info. Thanks and happy new years!!!
I think the wiring harness goes through the thick rubber tube thingy on the lefthand side of the top of the hatch, and then down the left rear D pillar, more or less. Typically, the color coding of the wire is consistent throughout the harness, though I'm sure there may be exceptions here and there out of spite or something. (It appears from the parts diagrams that all the wires from the hatch area eventually end up in that C pillar/D pillar area on the left side.)

Old 02-08-2014, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by DrewE
I think the wiring harness goes through the thick rubber tube thingy on the lefthand side of the top of the hatch, and then down the left rear D pillar, more or less. Typically, the color coding of the wire is consistent throughout the harness, though I'm sure there may be exceptions here and there out of spite or something. (It appears from the parts diagrams that all the wires from the hatch area eventually end up in that C pillar/D pillar area on the left side.)
Thank you I have the same problem with my Honda Fit 2009 and am trying to fix it but I too don't have a service manual.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:06 PM
If you dont have a serice manual you can do it the old fashioned way and start physically following the wires or looking for indicaors where you should start looking first.

I know it seems like the hard way but you can inspect the wiring along the way.

One thing that may help you find a starting point is that you mentioned rain causing the problem. If it happens when it rains then you may be able to look for where there are signs of dampness or previous water stains. At least you may be closer to the problem area and have less to disassemble.

Good Luck!

Old 02-09-2014, 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by 2010FitSport
If you dont have a serice manual you can do it the old fashioned way and start physically following the wires or looking for indicaors where you should start looking first.

I know it seems like the hard way but you can inspect the wiring along the way.

One thing that may help you find a starting point is that you mentioned rain causing the problem. If it happens when it rains then you may be able to look for where there are signs of dampness or previous water stains. At least you may be closer to the problem area and have less to disassemble.

Good Luck!
Thanks...can;t wait to get to the bottom of this I really miss that boop sound the car makes when locked. I already had to disconnect the hood sensor to get it to work.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:03 AM
5 Year Member
The wire colours in my diagram are yellow and light blue. They connect with same colour wires for the right hand rear door. Both these are fused by fuse #35.

If you disconnect these then you lock is not working correct?

Sorry cannot post a pick of the diagram

Old 02-09-2014, 09:55 PM
Thank you Black3sr!

Thank you this March I'll have some time to look at my car and hopefully fix it. Your post will certainly help. Is there a way for you to pm me or e-mail me the diagram? Where did you get it?

I've tried downloading the service manual from this site but I have a mac and it is an .exe file.

Thanks again for your help you rock! I'm not car savvy but I'm in college so not a lot of money to take my car in every time there is a problem.

Originally Posted by Black3sr
The wire colours in my diagram are yellow and light blue. They connect with same colour wires for the right hand rear door. Both these are fused by fuse #35.

If you disconnect these then you lock is not working correct?

Sorry cannot post a pick of the diagram