2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Eulogy GE8

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
cheering ya on for the wiperstalk mod, sucks it dindt work out

hows that replica badge holding up? I have been kicking around the idea of doing the same for both the front and rear badges

yea i should have read all the pages regarding the stalk first ...was like 18 though lol. after i ordered the stalk and was waiting for delivery something told me to read through the whole thread...glad i learned it wouldnt work before running the wire etc.

havnt installed the badge yet...ill update after install and if any real issues with it.....this was my car this morning...

Old 01-03-2019, 04:37 AM
Love the build eulogy what do you think about the Mugen grille fif ge's

Old 01-03-2019, 05:12 AM
Originally Posted by BLUFFIT11
Love the build eulogy what do you think about the Mugen grille fif ge's
Thanks BLUFFIT11
I like the mugen grill. My only issue with it is the price. $300 for a grill is nuts. I do have a jdm toyota ist grill sitting under my bed that i bought for my scion xa a couple of months before i traded it in for my fit. if i ever find someone to sell that to ill probably spring for the mugen.

l dont mind the look of the stock grill but i dont like how it holds water and always needs some sort of dressing to keep it dark black in all the edges. The type R emblem will hopefully hold me off, at least for a bit, after i install it.

looks like u just joined the forum...welcome!

Old 01-07-2019, 02:23 AM
Catch Can Contents

Out of nowhere i decided it was a good time to empty my catch can tonight. i was planning on doing it when i changed my oil (probably next weekend) but i knew it was getting full and i wanted to try out my dollar store turkey baster syringe thing. i looked up n down dollar store for a small measuring cup. i was pretty sure i had seen a shot glass looking thing with mL measurements on the side recently there. but maybe it was a year ago. i cant remember when i was last there. was about to give up but then i saw the turkey syringe thing...got me one of those, a basin to use as a drain pan for the oil, Ramen noodles (i keep some in the car, these have saved me from going on a rage when i forgot my real lunch), and some Reeses Pieces. I dont care much for candy, but thanks to ET in the 80s, i decided to get me a box and make up for the times my mom didnt buy me some back then.

So back to the catch can....
Brand: Mishimoto (?)
Install date: 10/21/18 (2.5 months)
Mileage: 1,335 miles
Quantity:27mL
Driving: primarily city, stop and go, 40 minutes total a day
Smell: mostly fuel with a hint of oil
Color: light brown chocolate milk

The syringe made it really easy to measure the quantity and also get a bit of a view of the contents. I didnt bother to break the catch can down and clean its internals this time, i just wiped it down inside and reinstalled the cup. I cant believe how much gunk this thing picks up. Im also surprised how much of it seems to be fuel. Has me curious as to how this effects intake and valve cleanliness and even the fuel ratios since this normally would be getting dumped into the intake and mixing with fuel and air above the valves. My car still burns a bit of oil, so im guessing i probably get more oil in the combustion chamber from piston ring blow-by vs the PCV valve.

Last edited by eulogy; 01-07-2019 at 02:26 AM.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eulogy
Catch Can Contents
Brand: Mishimoto (?)
Install date: 10/21/18 (2.5 months)
Mileage: 1,335 miles
Quantity:27mL
Driving: primarily city, stop and go, 40 minutes total a day
Smell: mostly fuel with a hint of oil
Color: light brown chocolate milk
I was waiting for this. Thanks!

Old 01-07-2019, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
nice results!

dont forget to post up, in the grand oil catch can thread:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...g-edition.html
(gk5 sub-forum or not, I think its worth a share)

Old 01-07-2019, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
side note .... I keep ramen at my desk at work, for those "forgot my lunch days" as well. also.... why does mom hate ET? what did ET ever do to her? or worse....why is she a reese's pieces hater?

and lastly .... I just realized you said 27 ml over 1300 miles? EEK!? mine was 72 ml, which is ALOT .... but it was over a span of 7500 miles

Old 01-07-2019, 03:59 PM
side note .... I keep ramen at my desk at work, for those "forgot my lunch days" as well. also.... why does mom hate ET? what did ET ever do to her? or worse....why is she a reese's pieces hater?

and lastly .... I just realized you said 27 ml over 1300 miles? EEK!? mine was 72 ml, which is ALOT .... but it was over a span of 7500 miles

lol...thats what im sayin...ET just tryin to eat some candy too!

ya that amount of contents seems like a lot to me too. im not sure if my short daily trips is a main contributor to the quantity...but im still concerned.

Old 06-24-2019, 07:58 PM
thought id do some summer update pics celebrating a year of ownership (April).

the car is basically the same minus the front lip. had a little incident with a curb this winter. was getting a bit tired of the lip anyways. it was made to fit the ge8, but looked to "universal".

i also took my rear 15mm spacers off. i could swear i could see the 3mm more they were sticking out vs the fronts. maybe im crazy. now theyre hella sunk. whatever for now.

i dont really have any more major plans for the car, other than to try and keep it in good condition. washed and waxed it last week. this red paint is a pain in the ass, as im remembering from my old milano red civic. i guess its a good thing because it makes one keep up with maintaining it. slowly accumulating a decent amount of chips on my hood and mirrors. might have to get a hood mask or some clear vinyl wrap. also could use some paint correction as ive also got spider swirls in the direct sun. wont bother with that till i get a garage to park in again.

cleaned my AFE cone filter and engine bay last week as well. was getting mice hanging out on my transmission. not chewing anything yet, just making beds, eating chicken and pooping on it. caught a couple, but there seems to be another one. or several. because i saw a couple of poops again. wth. dont really need a catching mice hobby now...so hopefully theyll leave soon since its warm now. i guess i can deal with the frat party clean up...i just dont want to be replacing hoses and wires. havnt seen anything for a couple of weeks now. knock on wood.

i need to do some hardcore headlight renewal...headlights looking like hell. ill probably get some new foglights soon since both of mine are cracked. I bought some yellow film a couple of months back to cover the new ones with..both for aesthetic JDM action and rock protection.

my dash squeak has returned. i thought it was my blower motor as it made a similar noise while it was dying in the winter...but the intermittent noise is back. although come to think of it, i havnt heard it for about 2-3 weeks. im sure ill hear it tomorrow after bringing it up. the ebay blower motor and resistor seem to be holding up. about 6 months in with almost daily use.

went back down to full drop on the Tein coilovers about a month ago.

and now for the pics!

Last edited by eulogy; 06-24-2019 at 08:05 PM.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:21 PM
Ahh, that drop is so dope.

I thought your windows were tinted dark. Is it a minor/light tint?

Old 06-24-2019, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by marmaladedad
Ahh, that drop is so dope.

I thought your windows were tinted dark. Is it a minor/light tint?
thanks!

no, windows have always been tint-less. i keep going back and forth with wanting to tint them. i like the privacy, lower summer temps, and UV protection of tint, but prefer the fishbowl look, especially on a red car. maybe its just me, but on a red car tint doesnt look right without more black accents like black wheels and headlight housings. was also considering some real light tint like 35% or higher for the UV protection. idk. gonna try to rough it out..

maybe this summer will break me though...last summer was hot as hell.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:55 PM
Im really liking the lowered on stock wheels look as well as the jdm taillights. I kind of see what you're saying regarding the tint but for the Fits windows are just way too big to not have any tint on them. I just felt so exposed driving around if that makes any sense. I ended up with 20% a few months after I bought the car and haven't looked back since.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by sw21na
Im really liking the lowered on stock wheels look as well as the jdm taillights. I kind of see what you're saying regarding the tint but for the Fits windows are just way too big to not have any tint on them. I just felt so exposed driving around if that makes any sense. I ended up with 20% a few months after I bought the car and haven't looked back since.
I have a set of JDM taillights for sale if you're interested!

Old 07-02-2019, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by sw21na
thanks! ive always liked the look of most hondas lowered on stocks alloys...especially the 90s era.

yea..the fits do have a ton of windows and definitely leave one feeling exposed. more often than not i dont tint my cars. my last car i eventually tinted the windows the last couple of years i had it, and got use to it...so when i got the Fit it really felt like i was driving around naked or something. its still a little weird but i got use to it. just so damn hot in the summer!

Old 07-16-2019, 11:27 AM
so with the recent posts on FF...and me thinking i smelled fuel while idling in the afternoon....last night i decided to pull my cowl and check my plugs. all ok and have retained 20ft lb torque i applied 14 months ago. was curious as to condition of electrodes but im also afraid to disturb them since they are seated. i might change them next spring

decided to put my stock intake on for a bit. was getting tired of the noise of the PRM/AFE cone. its literally louder than my Tanabe exhaust. i might paint it black if/when i reinstall it if i get bored.

i also pulled my catchcan. it seemed like it was catching 85% fuel and 15% oil. im also too lazy/busy/uninterested in emptying it. i also got tired of the silver braided hoses on the catchcan and the intake.

broke the head off the center bolt on the strut bar tightening it. off to Tru Value later for a new bolt and a screen to keep mice out of my intake...just to be safe.

Last edited by eulogy; 07-16-2019 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
did you measure contents of how much was in the catch can?

Old 07-17-2019, 10:36 AM
did you measure contents of how much was in the catch can?
no i didnt. i emptied it a couple other times while checking on it vs accumulating the contents and recording intervals. just couldnt get into it i guess.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:30 PM
Intake and Hvac screens, back to stock Batter Tie, Oil Cap and Muffler

So yesterday i bought a metal "splash guard" screen from the dollar store...to put on you pans i guess...similar to a pasta strainer. cut it up to put on my intake since the stock intake basically has a built in mouse house. i pulled off the rubber tip of the stock intake and place a piece of prebent metal screen over the opening...and shoved the rubber piece back over it. i have little girl hands and this was a major pain. if anyone does anything similar, save yourself the frustration and time and just pull the damn intake and even battery out to work on it. i might redo it and go through the inside and use some of the heavier duty and higher flowing screen i used on the hvac.

ok so to the hvac..
today as i was driving home i shifted the mode from re circulation mode to fresh air mode...and noticed it felt weird. so i reversed the mode...and it got stuck half way. back and forth again...it worked. thats weird...tried it again and it got stuck half way again...then a puff of itchball fuzz landed on passenger side floor mat. hmmmm. a mouse playing in my hvac? was on the freeway so as much as i wanted to pull of and investigate, i waited till i got to my side of town. pulled over at a gas station anticipating the mouse fight i was about to have. had a plan...if needed to fuel up and get cash back in case i needed to go to the car wash down the road and vacuum ...who knows what. maybe a mouse. maybe a nest. maybe nothing.

so anyways i think about how to approach this situation...first i turn off the car and pop the hood. i decide i should open the cap door thing on the cowl on the passenger side. i hear scuffling. i think. i dont want to open it and have a mouse run up my arm and in my shirt and burrow itself under my skin like some alien movie. damn this sucks.. ok so i open the cowl i dont see anything...i go inside the cabin and put the lever to fresh air mode. in ...out back forth...nothing. wait, i hear some rustling behind the glovebox. so i gangster up a bit more and decide to open the hvac filter behind the glovebox..with my screwdriver shank ready to pop off. damn this sucks. ok so i unlock each side of the filter and move my hand back. then the filter jumps a bit toward me like homeboy in there sprung off it. i get out n look at engine bay...but see nothing. bang the cowl....nothing. wth..so either theres a mouse in my dash, it ran out through engine bay, or im trippin. i havnt slept much the past three nights...im probably just imagining everything. well im going to Lowes because its down the rode from the gas station.

so over at Lowes..i buy some gutter mesh screen stuff for $3. Go home, pull the cowl...install new grade 8 strut bar bolt i broke the other day and cut n bend me up some hvac protection. cut some little holes for those yellow tabs which help hold it in place and put one screw with a washer in it to help out. i wish i could have put a couple more screws in it...but its hard to do anything in that space. but if a mouse can get through that, they deserve to go inside.

pulled my aluminum battery tie down, oil cap, and Tanabe exhaust, and put the stock pieces back on. Tired of makin noise. n blingin. I didnt take any pics of that, well because you all have an idea of what a stock fit looks like im sure. Probably going to sell the muffler, if i can locally. Has a great tone...im just too old and boring for it....especially in an automatic. if im going to make noise i need a manual transmission at least. anyways...happy hump day homies!

Last edited by eulogy; 07-17-2019 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-01-2019, 12:13 AM
Rear Wheel Bearings

Got these in about a month ago...decided Id put them in today. Quick n easy job for once. Was getting a real slight hum on rear in mornings on drive to work. Also got my rear wheels rebalanced since i had a slight vibration at speeds above 70mph...and finally, reinstalled my rear 15mm bolt on wheel spacers and reset my ecu for the drop in filter. after installing short ram, car took 2 quick key turns to start on cold mornings...which continued after reinstalling drop in filter.

oh wait...one last thing...ever since i got the car last year the 3rd brake light had dust in it. I would never remember to clean it when i had my sockets out. today i remembered.

Old 09-03-2019, 10:26 PM
Intake and Muffler back on

well that wasnt long of a break.

i like quiet...i like noise and higher mpg...cant make up my mind. my mpg dropped about 5ish mpg after putting the stock airbox and muffler back on. wasnt even going hard on the throttle.

i painted the intake w high heat black and reinstalled it along with the muffler. think i need to either paint the intake hose clamps black or buy some silver ones because the red seems out of place. i suppose its silly n doesn't matter. the intake painted black looks weird too...i guess i was use to it being polished. i probably could have cleaned the fingerprints off before taking a pic. ehh.

no pics of the Tanabe reinstalled...but i did hit it up w some steel wool and then metal polish to refresh it. i wish it was just a tad quieter. if it starts to bother me again ill just remove it and sell it to be done with it. fortunately it takes less than 30 minutes to swap so no big deal.

Quick Reply: Eulogy GE8