Notices
2nd Generation GE8 Specific For Sale/WTB Used Parts Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all for sale threads for used parts concerning the second generation Honda Fit (GE8)

WTB: Tanabe axleback

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
Tanabe axleback

Reach out to me if you're selling.

Thanks

Old 02-18-2016, 12:09 PM
You were on the thread where I bought mine for 150.00? There is another guy selling one also. The sound and low/top end is great. I hope you find one. I'll look for the thread. Sounds so good. Not much drone. It shocked me how much added performance an Axle-Back experience can give. The is a cat-back exhaust that looks like the Tanabe Medallion Touring exhaust and is 250.00. There is vid of a guy who has it. Sounded good until race header was added. He had to add a bigger mid muffler. If you wanna go custom, I have a MagnaFlow muffler for sale. New.

Old 02-18-2016, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
Yup.

Yeah I was on that thread and purchased the grille but missed out on the axleback. I saw the thread you're referring to, but think that he wasn't serious, as there was another person besides me interested in it.

I also saw that yonaka axleback you mentioned but was concerned about the sound, loss of power and yearly inspections down here in georgia.

I hope to get my hands on one. It would help soothe the new car itch I'm having until the new si and civic hatch comes out.

Old 02-18-2016, 05:01 PM
you can get the tanabe BNIB for like 280 shipped just get it NEW.. most people want around 230-250 for it shipped used anyways

Old 02-18-2016, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Santiad
Yeah I was on that thread and purchased the grille but missed out on the axleback. I saw the thread you're referring to, but think that he wasn't serious, as there was another person besides me interested in it.

I also saw that yonaka axleback you mentioned but was concerned about the sound, loss of power and yearly inspections down here in georgia.

I hope to get my hands on one. It would help soothe the new car itch I'm having until the new si and civic hatch comes out.
Wait... If you don't planning on doing header you'll be fine. His 1st vid is just the exhaust. Mellow. Just for ref. the medallion touring does some popping when coming down the revs very similar.

Originally Posted by jserman
you can get the tanabe BNIB for like 280 shipped just get it NEW.. most people want around 230-250 for it shipped used anyways
I mentioned that one but its on a louder side but better top-end.

Old 02-19-2016, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
So I'm leaning towards the Yonaka but today I went to a shop for a simple axleback straight pipe with a flange and they advised me to get the aftermarket muffler.....pissed me right off but maybe they are right.

With 143K on the odometer, I didnt want to spend $$$ on this and thought a straight might be the cheap way.

Oh well back to either the yonaka or waiting for someone to bless me with a Tanabe on this site.

Old 02-19-2016, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
I drove my GD without any thing beyond the b-pipe for a few days.

Even that is still crazy quiet.

Old 02-20-2016, 09:08 PM
So I'm leaning towards the Yonaka but today I went to a shop for a simple axleback straight pipe with a flange and they advised me to get the aftermarket muffler.....pissed me right off but maybe they are right.

With 143K on the odometer, I didnt want to spend $$$ on this and thought a straight might be the cheap way.

Oh well back to either the yonaka or waiting for someone to bless me with a Tanabe on this site.
You keep calling it an axle-back. Yonaka is a Cat-Back so it should/will make more power than a axle-back. That should put it on top of your list now. I only passed it because I plan on doing the header. I wont be changing the stock B-pipe after so should keep the raspy sound at a minimum.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
I know the difference, sorry....

The tanabe axleback is my preferred solution.

The yonaka catback is a great deal, but am concerned about failing emissions or it being too loud (video sounded pretty loud). Also would have to take it to a shop to install as my oem setup has a ton of rust on the bolts.

The diy axleback straight pipe was to test out the sound level and save some cash...

Will check with he ebay seller to see if I will pass emissions with it.

Thanks Desmond!

Old 02-21-2016, 09:46 PM
I know the difference, sorry....

The tanabe axleback is my preferred solution.

The yonaka catback is a great deal, but am concerned about failing emissions or it being too loud (video sounded pretty loud). Also would have to take it to a shop to install as my oem setup has a ton of rust on the bolts.

The diy axleback straight pipe was to test out the sound level and save some cash...

Will check with he ebay seller to see if I will pass emissions with it.

Thanks Desmond!
It doesn't fail emissions bro. Your o2 sensors are on the header, not exhaust. aftermarket header that throws codes fail emissions. Axle-back is not a straight-pipe. The stock bolts still need to be removed on that exhaust. You do know this right? An eBay seller cant tell u. Laws are different from state to state. For example, FL has no emissions. Here in NC its based on county.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
Check out T1R B-pipe and 50S exhaust here - Honda Fit GE8 Exhaust

Old 05-16-2016, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by chadnick
Check out T1R B-pipe and 50S exhaust here - Honda Fit GE8 Exhaust
See I find that loud. Santiad, you're still looking for Tanabe axle-back? Im loving mine. Looking for a mellow sounding b-pipe or do the Weapon-R Racing header and staying with stock B-pipe to maintain the mellowness. I need to get on the interstate as it is to make sure there is no drone with the current set-up. Then wanna hear a car with axle-back with stock B-pipe to hear it at 70-75mph on an auto. I cant stand a drone. Its ridiculous. Unless the car has good good sound insulation. I thought you decided on the Cat-back...?