2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

GE/GD Front OEM BRake KIT UPGRADE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by Bisquick
Sounds good, let me know. I'd probably look into an alternate bolt rotation angle just to be sure or maybe you can plug the old hole and redrill (yea... its added cost, but it'll stop the bitching). Unfortunatley I do not want to pay upwards of 600 or more for a front brake upgrade kit, this car is afterall an economy car.

On a side note, the 10.3" rotors and pads on the FIT are COMPLETELY inadequate. It is of major concern that almost all sub compact vehicles have better stopping distance by SEVERAL FEET. I understand Honda's concern to keep things cheap, but safety is not one of them.
The brakes are adequate. The tires are just to skinny so they can't take alot of braking force. Widen to a 205 to cut down on braking distance and change to hawk hps to improve brake fade. I don't think the fit is big enough to really need anything else.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:56 PM
I agree with krunk. on my previous Fit I put 205's on it and it made a HUGE difference, almost like night and day.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:04 PM
Instead of redrilling 5lug rotors, Find a 4x100 vehicle that comes with 11" rotors and have some brackets made. Most hodnas use the same threading for the hoses, and some toyota or nissan parts can be used.

Next time I have some money to burn Im going to see about mounting integra or civic SI (88-00) rotors and calipers, and figure out what needs to be spaced or shimmed for a flawless fit.

Might be a few months, Im trying to get my car loan under car value

EDIT If anyone is wondering why I chose those year acura/honda, its because there is a HUGE amount of upgrades for those vehicles that bolt on. Figure out what the Fit needs to assume fitment, and you can now get access to lightweight aluminum twin pot calipers and 10.5-14 inch rotors for a large decrease in stopping distance. Any extra weight gained can be removed with lighter rims and tires

Last edited by 13fit; 04-22-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
Instead of redrilling 5lug rotors, Find a 4x100 vehicle that comes with 11" rotors and have some brackets made.

I found but no ones willing to spend more then $300 on OEM S2k 12'' ROTOR KIT

SO... now with R&D with brakes but NOT ALOWWED to give details But when its OUt HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

205 Made difference for me as well going to be installing my G-STop line this week with super blue

Old 04-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Why would someone spend over $300 if they dont have to? New or remanned calipers for many vehicles are less then $100 each

Caliper rebuild kits are cheap, so salvage yards are a great source for DIY big brakes

Old 04-22-2013, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by krunk13
The brakes are adequate. The tires are just to skinny so they can't take alot of braking force. Widen to a 205 to cut down on braking distance and change to hawk hps to improve brake fade. I don't think the fit is big enough to really need anything else.
I'm coming from a Mini Cooper with only slighly larger brakes but a HUGE difference and those were with those tiny and skinny 15" tires. Ideally, we should NOT have to change tires/pad or anything. My almost as heavy Base Mini Cooper stopped 70-0 in 157 ft... -40! feet from my fit!

Car & Driver did a test in braking 70-0 (2011 Fit/Mazda and 2012 Fiesta)
Fiesta did 181ft, the Mazda 2 did 183 ft and the Fit stopped at 197 ft.

How can Honda even justify the 14 ft difference? Even something like the dodge ram has a 70-0 braking dist of 190 ft. This is for a 5800 lbs MASSIVE truck!

On a side note, I did the math on the lug and it is less than 10% degration in strength. Most safety related stuff has a hard 3x safety factor build into them and a 5x ultimate factor built in.

Last edited by Bisquick; 04-22-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 13fit
Why would someone spend over $300 if they dont have to? New or remanned calipers for many vehicles are less then $100 each

Caliper rebuild kits are cheap, so salvage yards are a great source for DIY big brakes

I'll just post this here... it's from this thread https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tallation.html

Originally Posted by Jodele
OK...this is an update to what we know for the Type-R front disc brake installation

If anybody has some information we can add to this list, please don't hesitate to post here.

Some one even used Mini rotors w/ Legend calipers, which also work on Fits. ---> https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...nt-brakes.html

There's a few other good thread on brakes on here too...

Originally Posted by Wafulz
Ohh i can get the Rear KIt BUT no one will pay for it... IF u GOT THE MONEY IN HAND THEN PM ME but ur looking at 650+ for it includes everything BUT NO INSTALL.....
Wafulz.... no worry... keep up the work/research... this might be a good option for someone...
Oh, and for ~$650 for rear discs.... where do I pay.. lol... that's still less that what GD owners were paying for their rear conversions (for the most part). If you guys do a serious rear disc for the GE8's working around the damn welded rear... count me in.

There was this https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...prototype.html but there hasn't been a update in a while.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by krunk13
Id rather have rear disc
Originally Posted by FitStir

Wafulz.... no worry... keep up the work/research... this might be a good option for someone...
Oh, and for ~$650 for rear discs.... where do I pay.. lol... that's still less that what GD owners were paying for their rear conversions (for the most part). If you guys do a serious rear disc for the GE8's working around the damn welded rear... count me in.

There was this https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...prototype.html but there hasn't been a update in a while.
Hello Everybody,

I just order a FULL JDM RS Rear Axle with Rear Disk Brake Conversion.
Should be here by next week (or earlier)

Stay Tuned

Old 04-22-2013, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
BMW ALPINA I would love to see pics PLZZZ <3

Old 04-22-2013, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
BMW ALPINA I would love to see pics PLZZZ <3
Hi Wafulz,

I will post the pictures once it arrived at my home,
and hopefully nothing broken during airfreight shipment
Would hate to receive an axle that been dropped hard during shipment...

Old 04-22-2013, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
Question

Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Hello Everybody,

I just order a FULL JDM RS Rear Axle with Rear Disk Brake Conversion.
Should be here by next week (or earlier)

Stay Tuned
WTF!!!
First the JDM RS rear bumper, now a full rear axle?
$$$$$ flowing like the river Nile.

Congrats...
Did you get it used or new?
How much did it set you back?
Can you get more?

Old 04-22-2013, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
WTF!!!
First the JDM RS rear bumper, now a full rear axle?
$$$$$ flowing like the river Nile.

Congrats...
Did you get it used or new?
How much did it set you back?
Can you get more?

Hello,
But I do NOT know when I am going to install either that JDM RS bumper
or this upcoming Full Rear Axle,
because at the moment I had some other important things to do, so I need the car all the time.
Beside I had other plan for upgrading the front brake and whole suspension so I rather have all the stuff at once and install them all at once. That mean, most likely you won't see me driving with the JDM RS bumper and this rear disk brake axle until at least 2 or 3 months from now hahaha...
I might start by painting the rear disk brake caliper RED so it will match my future front brake caliper

I might be able to get another one,
but someone else had PM me before you post this,...

Old 04-22-2013, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
....................$$$$$ flowing like the river Nile.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
JUsT FOR YALLS INFO LOOK AT THIS AND TELL ME WHAT U SEE THANK U HAVE A NICE DAY

.fastbrakes KIT

YUp thats 800 dollors for the rear

Old 04-22-2013, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
JUsT FOR YALLS INFO LOOK AT THIS AND TELL ME WHAT U SEE THANK U HAVE A NICE DAY

.fastbrakes KIT

YUp thats 800 dollors for the rear

Oh, I get it

You (Wafulz) just INFRINGE the Copy Right/Patent of Fastbrake kit
by drilling the holes for your front brake kit rotor in similar fashion
like Fastbrake drill their rear disk brake kit rotor

I will call Fastbrake right now,
maybe I can get some "whistle blower" money from them hahaha

Last edited by BMW ALPINA; 04-22-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:16 PM
5 Year Member
its crazy cuz i never new they did that lol i though it was legit till i paid attn today

Old 04-22-2013, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
also its the rear they made

friend made for the front crazy shit tho lol

ima apply today for the front Copy Right/Patent

Old 04-22-2013, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
its crazy cuz i never new they did that lol i though it was legit till i paid attn today
I never noticed it also until you post it here
I must had been looking at that fastbrake pictures for at least 20 times since I bought my Fit this January, but somehow I missed it...

Most likely I missed it because that rear rotor is shiny so the shiny color
must make my eyes missed that. that shiny color also make people think that the rotor is brand new...
and when you assume it is brand new, you will not think that it could be a modified brand new rotor...

our mind play trick on us...

but on your rotor picture at the start of this thread, the color is black so it is more noticeable...
that black pictures make your rotor look like a used old rotors that had been modified...
and not to mention you take your picture directly "frontal"

while fastbrake took their picture at an angle...

Old 04-22-2013, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
HAha CRazy Owell anyone interested lemme knw lol

told my friend and he was like wow never notice that

Old 04-22-2013, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Bisquick
I'm coming from a Mini Cooper with only slighly larger brakes but a HUGE difference and those were with those tiny and skinny 15" tires. Ideally, we should NOT have to change tires/pad or anything. My almost as heavy Base Mini Cooper stopped 70-0 in 157 ft... -40! feet from my fit!

Car & Driver did a test in braking 70-0 (2011 Fit/Mazda and 2012 Fiesta)
Fiesta did 181ft, the Mazda 2 did 183 ft and the Fit stopped at 197 ft.

How can Honda even justify the 14 ft difference? Even something like the dodge ram has a 70-0 braking dist of 190 ft. This is for a 5800 lbs MASSIVE truck!

On a side note, I did the math on the lug and it is less than 10% degration in strength. Most safety related stuff has a hard 3x safety factor build into them and a 5x ultimate factor built in.
Its the tires dude. 205's take alot more force to break traction than the stock tires (at least mine did... they were UHP summer). More force to lock tires = less ABS intervention in a given time.

Quick Reply: GE/GD Front OEM BRake KIT UPGRADE!!!