3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

Roof Rack?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
That's great! I wish I had more need for a roof rack. Maybe I'll get a kayak.
If you get a short enough kayak, you can carry it inside

Old 09-28-2014, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fat_man
Excellent! As I said earlier in this thread that's the way I was thinking it ought to be done. So that means also that the rack towers are slightly askew or twisted in relation to each other.

Thanks very much for sharing your experience. I'm finding this very helpful and I can't wait now to install my tracks!

I like the idea of the parallel tracks, even though they are not parallel to the black strips.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:16 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for a 2008 sport? Mostly just interested in carrying snowboards

Old 10-04-2014, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by SlowtalkinWalter
Does anyone have any suggestions for a 2008 sport? Mostly just interested in carrying snowboards
Google yakima racks, they have some for the 2008

Old 10-20-2014, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by tmfit
That makes sense. The fronts fit no problem but the rear is certainly flimsy.
Just so this newbie is crystal clear...no official Yakima rack for the 2015, right?
2013 works, as outlined, but no guarantee or assurances.
That permanent install is very nice, but I can't drill into my roof...:-(

Old 10-31-2014, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
Inno rack system/2015 Fit

Ordered Inno naked roof system using 2013 fit guidelines (nothing listed for 2015). Fit hooks are a no go, too long and not enough curve. Tried adjusting placement of feet both in and out/front and back. Ordered from Auto Anything. They are in conversation with Inno on their intention to produce a system for the 2015.
Had an older style Thule system on the 2010, that too does not fit the 2015.
Will be waiting anxiously for news from other 2015 owners and their roof rack solutions.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:21 PM
Where did you go to have this done?

Originally Posted by Coopdy
Thanks. It was $831 installed including the locks but not not tax (I rec'd a 10% discount on parts [not labor]). They do guarantee the system for life, so that is peace of mind.

Hi, I just joined this forum and I just bought a 2015 Fit on Saturday. I have a 9 foot kayak and need to get these rails installed, where did you go to get this done? Are there special shops that do this or did you go to an authorized dealer to have them install them?

Thank you for the help.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
Fixed rail install

I contacted 2 reputable body shops, they both gave estimates of 10 hours at their $42 per hour standard rate. I wasn't able to locate any dealers locally who specialize in rail install.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by Darkdreams
Hi, I just joined this forum and I just bought a 2015 Fit on Saturday. I have a 9 foot kayak and need to get these rails installed, where did you go to get this done? Are there special shops that do this or did you go to an authorized dealer to have them install them?

Thank you for the help.
I used Rack N Road in Seattle, though I believe that they have other locations. I also know that Rack Attack in Portland does these installs and I also believe that they have other locations. Hopefully you have one of these installers near you or a similar outfit. I am really happy with the rack and it feels stronger than the factory one on my MINI Clubman. Good luck!

Here is the SUP on mine from Sat's SUP surfing day.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by Coopdy
I used Rack N Road in Seattle, though I believe that they have other locations. I also know that Rack Attack in Portland does these installs and I also believe that they have other locations. Hopefully you have one of these installers near you or a similar outfit. I am really happy with the rack and it feels stronger than the factory one on my MINI Clubman. Good luck!

Here is the SUP on mine from Sat's SUP surfing day.
Wow, that looks Awesome, I am very glad that it is good and strong, I did a search and there is a Rack N Road 1 hour 36 min from where I live in SoCalif. I will have to check it out. I still have my Honda civic so I can still use that in the mean time and tomorrow I am going to see if my 9' Kayak will fit inside (just for kicks).

I will post a pic when I do. Thank you for the info

Old 11-11-2014, 11:28 PM
I'm in the market for a new car and really like the Fit but need to be able to carry skis and a kayak. I went to RacknRoad and looked at the rails that Coopdy has. They really look nice, but after poking at the roof at the dealership, I'm concerned about how thin and flimsy the metal is. Coopdy- having used your rack for a while, have you seen any dents or wrinkles around the rails?

Old 11-12-2014, 10:58 PM
Inno has Roof Racks for 2015 Fit

Hi gang,
Just had an Inno roof rack installed on my 2015 Fit.

They have the specific model for our cars. I got the Aero version. Looks awesome!

Got it at AutoRacker.com in San Diego (actually Chula Vista). $350 plus free install. Uses the XS200 Aero base plus fit kit for the 2015 Honda Fit. Instructions are for our car, no guessing!

Pics below. Will use with my Wilderness Tarpon Kayak.

BTW, outstanding and friendly service there. They were remodeling their showroom and install area, but Randy dropped what he was doing and jumped on the install. I recommend them if you are in the San Diego or SoCal area.

Last edited by Brianflys; 11-12-2014 at 11:02 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by JohnV5
I'm in the market for a new car and really like the Fit but need to be able to carry skis and a kayak. I went to RacknRoad and looked at the rails that Coopdy has. They really look nice, but after poking at the roof at the dealership, I'm concerned about how thin and flimsy the metal is. Coopdy- having used your rack for a while, have you seen any dents or wrinkles around the rails?
I haven't carried anything very heavy so far, a bike and a SUP but not at the same time (though my setup allows it). So I can't really speak to the toughness of the roof. I have not seen any dents and the fact that the track is long might help distribute some of the weight. I also did not notice any dents from the install so that is positive.

Brinaflys, thanks for the pics and it's good to know that there are other options and that someone is making racks specific for the Fit.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Brianflys
Hi gang,
Got it at AutoRacker.com in San Diego (actually Chula Vista). $350 plus free install. Uses the XS200 Aero base plus fit kit for the 2015 Honda Fit. Instructions are for our car, no guessing!

Very cool. I'm looking into this option now that it's available and others really aren't.

Which Hook Kit was required? And which length is applicable for the '15?

Old 11-20-2014, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
"they have an INNO kit listed for the 2015 at Auto Anything, Yippee on it's way!

I 2nd this last comment, nothing listed for the 2015 at Inno

Last edited by JeanD01247; 01-16-2015 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-29-2014, 11:08 AM
I chatted via e-mail with Inno and was assured it would fit the Fit EX, 2015 specifically. I ordered it yesterday and will post as soon as I receive and install.

To be continued...

Jason

Old 11-30-2014, 07:50 AM
Inno has officially come out with a roof rack system for the 2015 Fit.

As mentioned above, the XS200 is available, but here is the option at a more affordable price, the INSU. It's through RackWarehouse.com and it's a little bit cheaper.

INSU (Black) complete system priced at $243.98 + shipping:
http://www.rackwarehouse.com/inno-ho...roof-rack.html

INSUK6 (Silver) complete system priced at $243.98 + shipping:
Inno Honda Fit 2015 Complete INSUK6 Silver Standard Bar Car Roof Rack - Rackwarehouse.com

XS200 complete system priced at $307.98 + shipping:
Inno Honda Fit 2015 Complete XS200 Black Flush Aero Bar Car Roof Rack - Rackwarehouse.com

Last edited by FitForADawg; 11-30-2014 at 08:03 AM.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:23 AM
Better price

As I use my sunroof, I went with the aero but was able to grab it for the same price, shipping included. The same shop even called me yesterday to double check the fit and such before placing my order. I will see how it goes and report back with links, etc.

Very happy with Rack Warehouse in VT so far.

Originally Posted by FitForADawg
Inno has officially come out with a roof rack system for the 2015 Fit.

As mentioned above, the XS200 is available, but here is the option at a more affordable price, the INSU. It's through RackWarehouse.com and it's a little bit cheaper.

INSU (Black) complete system priced at $243.98 + shipping:
Inno Honda Fit 2015 Complete INSU Black Standard Bar Car Roof Rack - Rackwarehouse.com

INSUK6 (Silver) complete system priced at $243.98 + shipping:
Inno Honda Fit 2015 Complete INSUK6 Silver Standard Bar Car Roof Rack - Rackwarehouse.com

XS200 complete system priced at $307.98 + shipping:
Inno Honda Fit 2015 Complete XS200 Black Flush Aero Bar Car Roof Rack - Rackwarehouse.com

Last edited by Macfolk; 11-30-2014 at 08:28 AM.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:48 PM
AutoAnything has the Inno systems cheap! First link I found when I Googled it (besides this thread): Base Rack Kits - #1 Best Price on Roof Rack Mounting Hardware & Base Roof Racks

And yes, it is for the 2015. No, it does not include installation. But that is super cheap compared to what else I've found and have seen here. Anyone have a review on it yet?

Old 12-02-2014, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
I agree w/ esnave09, auto anything has the Inno Aero XS200 rack system for $277.xx and even cheaper $165.xx for the base rack system

INNO Aero Rack System - Free Shipping on Inno Aero Cross Bars - Aerodynamic Roof Rack

INNO Base Rack System - Best Price & Reviews on Inno Roof Rack Systems for Cars, Trucks, SUVs & Jeeps

Quick Reply: Roof Rack?