3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

Roof Rack?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 10:46 PM
I used to be a Camaro owner, and on the forums there, a number of members had very bad experiences with Auto Anything, so I am wary of purchasing from them.

If anyone has actual recent experience, please feel free to share. I am only operating on what others in that forum had shared.

Thanks,

Jason

Old 12-11-2014, 11:09 AM
Roof rack advice

Hello,

I need a solution for carrying skis, anyone have experience using roof racks and could lend some advice?

Does the shape of the cross bars matter?

Should "universal" devices be avoided?

I am also looking at the Thule tram system since I am planning on getting a bike rack eventually, any thoughts on these?

Robot Check Robot Check

Thanks!

Old 12-11-2014, 11:42 AM
After reading through everything I have a question.

Besides aesthetics is their any benefits to using a permanently fixed solution that screws to the roof compared to side clips?

Also is their any information out there for where the "Fix-Points" are for securing permanently mounted systems?

Last edited by Fizz; 12-11-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member
Yakima, Done,Picture of 2015 Fit/rack link below.

Had Yakima set up for 10 years. Previously on 2009 Sport. However Yakima is a bunch of jerks and refuse to "rack" the 2015 Fit,because they state the roof material buckles. I have been in contact with them and shown Q tower placements and measurements that eliminate the roof buckling,and yet they still refuse to "rack" the Fit. #uck them I went and figured out on my own with the rear clips taking #99 clips I had from when rack was on 2009 Toyota Matrix and the same front clips from my 2009 Fit sport. Q towers should sit closer to roof seam line and that will eliminate any buckling issue. I mounted my Rack back in September when I got the 2015 and have hauled my canoes a dozen times without issue,also using front tiedowns. At this time of post I am pressed for time as I am headed to work,but details of M1 & M2 measurements and Q tower measurements of body points of strength will be posted.

2015 Honda Fit And Rapid Fire Canoe,racked And Ready Photo by canoerbill | Photobucket

Pafitter

Old 12-12-2014, 10:16 AM
I couldn't find anyone around me who was willing to install custom rails so I gave in and bought the Inno basic rack from AutoAnything, just cant beat the price! Will get pictures up when installed.

Last edited by Fizz; 12-12-2014 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
Just confirmed with Scott @ Inno that their XS200 kit DOES work on the 2015 Honda fit, before I ordered through RackWarehouse.com. Decided to go with Rackwarehouse b/c they provided great customer service and for $20-30 more worth the service.

A few things that Scott @ Inno mentioned, that for the 2015 Fit you would need the following for the XS200 Aero Base kit

1) The K441 Hook kit
2) The XB100 and XB93 bars

I confirmed with Rackwarehouse that their complete set advertised @ $307.98 below would work. I should receive the items by next Friday and will let you guys know how it goes (install)

Inno Complete XS200 Aero Bar Car Roof Rack for Naked Rooftops - Rackwarehouse.com

Old 12-19-2014, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Fizz
I couldn't find anyone around me who was willing to install custom rails so I gave in and bought the Inno basic rack from AutoAnything, just cant beat the price! Will get pictures up when installed.

So before purchasing the base rack I asked their live chat if it comes with the "fit hooks".
12:22:07 [Ryan Kielar] Does this system include the fit hooks?
12:22:10 [Ryan Kielar] http://www.autoanything.com/roof-racks/inno-base-rack-system
12:22:49 [Derek C] Welcome to AutoAnything. My name is Derek C. I would be happy to assist you!
12:23:48 [Derek C] Yes - it will include all necessary parts to install.\

Derek C is a damn liar! IT DOES NOT COME WITH THE HOOKS. Thankfully I was able to talk to customer service, Arthur, and he was amazing and took care of everything. Fit hooks K441 are on the way. Very impressed with AutoAnything at this point, yes they made a mistake, but completely admitted to it and made it right.

Old 12-19-2014, 11:23 PM
I got the same response from Yakima this week. The only issue with a permanent rack is the decrease in fuel economy due to the cross bars, so if you aren't using them, take run off. The round bomber bars from Yakima start to him at certain speeds. I think the whispbars / aerobars are suppose alleviate that. I have a Q tower system for a 98 Accord and a rail system for a Forester. I used the same bars for each setup and I'm planning on using it for our Fits, 13 sport and 15 EX. Thanks for the posts about where to mount the Q clips. Maybe in the future they will release something. I hope so at least.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:31 AM

Derek C is a damn liar! IT DOES NOT COME WITH THE HOOKS. Thankfully I was able to talk to customer service, Arthur, and he was amazing and took care of everything. Fit hooks K441 are on the way. Very impressed with AutoAnything at this point, yes they made a mistake, but completely admitted to it and made it right.

Thanks for the heads up! I ordered the Inno Base Rack system from AutoAnything as well and didn't even think to ask CS if the system included the Hooks. Glad I caught this

Old 12-31-2014, 11:15 AM
Inno base rack is installed on my 2015 and it seems to be working great. I didn't notice any damage to the roof when tightening it down either. Their is a good amount of wind noise though, anyone have experience with wind deflectors, do they work? Any negatives (car wash safe?)?

Old 12-31-2014, 12:04 PM
Inno base rack is installed on my 2015 and it seems to be working great. I didn't notice any damage to the roof when tightening it down either. Their is a good amount of wind noise though, anyone have experience with wind deflectors, do they work? Any negatives (car wash safe?)?
They do make a difference. The Yakima one we have can be annoying because where the deflector mounts to the bar, can be close to where the mount goes. We have Frontloader bike mounts, which have an adjuster on the front and the deflector and its bracket make it more difficult than it needs to be. I don't know what Inno recommends, but Yakima always suggested removing the rack for car washes.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:32 AM
5 Year Member
The other thing you can do if you need a short term solution and can't afford a wind deflector is to buy heavier rope (think hiking rope) and wrap it around the crossbar 3-4 times. It'll break up the wind and cut the noise WAY down. I did this on my old Subaru. IMO it was even quieter than my wind deflector.

Old 01-05-2015, 03:48 PM
I just installed my INNO base system today. Overall it was simple to install, but talk about an eye test. I'll post pics later.

For the wind noise, I'm experiencing it as well. I'm going to look into getting the 40" fairing from INNO to reduce noise.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by NoVAFit
I've been lazy and haven't yet installed my rack but was looking to purchase the fairing as well just wasn't sure which size. I believe Inno has a 3x" a 40" and a 48"? I wonder if it would also help with fuel economy
I would suggest keeping the fairing inside the roof mounts. I don't think the fairing would like overhanging the roof. Besides that, I think widest would be best.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:20 PM
Measure the distance between the towers, I don't know how wide the roof is.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
I have clicked through on all of the links provided and posted above to order for my 2015 Fit, and have yet to find any rack site listing for the 2015 Fit. This includes Inno, Yakima and Thule. I have already tried and failed to fit an Inno rack and paid a $40 restocking fee, because Inno states they do not have anything for 2015 Fit. Can one of you post the part numbers you ordered?

Old 01-14-2015, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
Roof rack

OK ignore that last comment. I opened a chat at Autoanything and they assure me Inno has released the 2015 Fit rack. I've ordered, sure hope it fits

Old 01-16-2015, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by NoVAFit
Will the largest fairing fit ?? I'm worried it may protroud too far out and look stupid
The 40" (Medium) is the size to get, and it looks great on my Fit.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by JeanD01247
OK ignore that last comment. I opened a chat at Autoanything and they assure me Inno has released the 2015 Fit rack. I've ordered, sure hope it fits

It certainly does fit. I have had it installed on my Fit for 3 weeks now. I just put my fairing on a few days ago. Everything's looking and sounding good

Be sure to order the K441 Hook kit also, as the "system" advertised doesn't come with.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
Rack

Thank you! At AutoAnything the clipkit is included in the "package", I made sure after reading your remarks. I was worried that the fairing vibrates on the roof, have you found that it does?

Quick Reply: Roof Rack?