3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Possible fix for bluetooth problems…

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
Possible fix for bluetooth problems…

Just saw this on Macintouch.com:

Those with Bluetooth/Automobile issues and iPhone 6/6+:
I followed some threads on Apple and confirmed the solution is to make sure to change the name of your iphone in the Settings/General/About/Name area.
If it is default "iPhone", change it to your iPhone (your being your name) - or different, but change it.
This subtle change, along with the device unpairing, network reset has worked for two iPhone 6 users I know (both had Honda's where their iPhone 4 bluetooth worked...calling, etc).

Worth a try if you're having problems with bluetooth in your Fit. I presume there's a similar setting for Android phones.

es

Old 10-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by stembridge
Just saw this on Macintouch.com:

Those with Bluetooth/Automobile issues and iPhone 6/6+:
I followed some threads on Apple and confirmed the solution is to make sure to change the name of your iphone in the Settings/General/About/Name area.
If it is default "iPhone", change it to your iPhone (your being your name) - or different, but change it.
This subtle change, along with the device unpairing, network reset has worked for two iPhone 6 users I know (both had Honda's where their iPhone 4 bluetooth worked...calling, etc).

Worth a try if you're having problems with bluetooth in your Fit. I presume there's a similar setting for Android phones.

es
Heres a new article from Apple on a Bluetooth fix. I'm not having any trouble with my iPhone running iOS 8.0.2, but if you are, try this and let us know if it helps.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht6473

Old 04-26-2018, 07:46 AM
Bluetooth in Honda Fit .. Android Phone

Hi,

I've Samsung S8 plus Android phone. Used to connect fine with Honda Fit Bluetooth but suddenly stopped working. Do see my device in list but when I select, its no longer connecting. Tried restarting my phone, unpairing and pairing not working again.

Is there anyway to reset bluetooth settings in car? Please help.