3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Husky Floor Liners

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 02:23 PM
We have Huskies on both our 2003 CR-V and 2010 Prius. Their major advantage is that their sides are sufficiently high that they can be lifted out of the foot wells and our weekly Maine winter's accumulation of snow and slush dumped on the ground ... with nary a drop on the "pretty carpeting."

The rubbery plastic is slick when wet ... but the biggest problem is the thousands (OK, hundreds) of spikes used to locate the mats on the (pretty) carpet. Those can be deadly in winter and they can cut up your hands and wrists pretty badly.

My solution: during a particularly boring football game (or whenever) put on your work gloves, take out your best pair of dikes, and spend an hour or so cutting off those little buggars! Make sure you wear your gloves or you'll ruin your hands ... snip, snip, snip.

The form fit of the mats is sufficient to keep them from shifting around sans those awful little spikes ... YMMV.

Rest assured, once we've an HR-V on the way, we'll be seeking out yet another full set of Huskies.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by idletickover
We have Huskies on both our 2003 CR-V and 2010 Prius. Their major advantage is that their sides are sufficiently high that they can be lifted out of the foot wells and our weekly Maine winter's accumulation of snow and slush dumped on the ground ... with nary a drop on the "pretty carpeting."

The rubbery plastic is slick when wet ... but the biggest problem is the thousands (OK, hundreds) of spikes used to locate the mats on the (pretty) carpet. Those can be deadly in winter and they can cut up your hands and wrists pretty badly.

My solution: during a particularly boring football game (or whenever) put on your work gloves, take out your best pair of dikes, and spend an hour or so cutting off those little buggars! Make sure you wear your gloves or you'll ruin your hands ... snip, snip, snip.

The form fit of the mats is sufficient to keep them from shifting around sans those awful little spikes ... YMMV.

Rest assured, once we've an HR-V on the way, we'll be seeking out yet another full set of Huskies.
Or use a belt sander which can do the job in 5 minutes?

Old 11-13-2014, 03:24 PM
Wow! Never thought of a belt sander ... did you try that ... did it work?

Actually, I've subsequently bought an oscillating Dremel ... that also oughta' be easier.

Last edited by idletickover; 11-13-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:55 AM
5 Year Member
I love mine got both front and rear last year, they are by far the best I've used and they are nice n' deep so spills will be contained. I bought mine straight from Husky they are a lot cheaper then any place else that sold them! It definitely makes it a lot quicker to vacuum my car also.

Old 11-14-2014, 04:41 PM
decisions, decisions

Thanks for all the great comments guys, I dont know which to get. I'm a big fan of the OEM look and Bernardi has them for $95 (front and back) but it seems the Huskies and weathertech provide better protection but are slippery when wet (insert mom joke here). Decisioons decisions....

Old 11-14-2014, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThrillHouse619
but it seems the Huskies and weathertech provide better protection but are slippery when wet (insert mom joke here). Decisioons decisions....
i too, have had slipperyness issues with the weathertechs in winter. they must have changed the compound, as i had them 10+ years ago, and they were better then.

i put oem rubber mats from bernardi, for $100, and i am VERY happy with them. sure, they won't hold a "gallon" of water, but WTF lets that much liquid build up on their floormat??

Old 11-14-2014, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by wndy
Thanks for the posts. I have an LX which came with zero floor mats. My dealer mentioned Costco had some generic all weather mats for $20, so I picked those up. Of course, they are generic, and the Honda Fit has some funky-shaped floors... I went to the Honda website and of course the Honda mats are super expensive for someone like me. I would love a floor mat that would be more molded to the car, but not sure if I want to spend over $100 for that sort of thing. Should I just stick with my ill-fitting $20 Costco all weather mats?
I bought some Lloyd mats here - Car Mats & Liners - Custom Floor Mats for Cars, Trucks & SUVs | AutoAnything

I didn't buy all weather ones, just carpet, but their price is good, and they fit PERFECT. Take a look at some of the all-weather ones, you might find something...
That said, I will probably go buy some cheap universal ones and cut to fit for the winter.

Old 11-16-2014, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
Mystery Niece

Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Here's my take. Got a set of Husky's (used from Craigslist) when we sold our GD Fit to the wife's niece (she is really good looking).
We are all STILL WAITING for a picture of your niece!
Would be much more interesting than pics of all-weather plastic floor mats .... I'm sure you would agree ....

Old 11-17-2014, 07:54 AM
I have a set of WeatherTech's in the front that I like very much, they fit great and definitely cover more carpet than the Honda all weather mats, but for $35 more you can also get the one piece rear mat from Husky, that is a good deal!

Old 11-18-2014, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by tommiefit
I have a set of WeatherTech's in the front that I like very much, they fit great and definitely cover more carpet than the Honda all weather mats, but for $35 more you can also get the one piece rear mat from Husky, that is a good deal!
The inclusion of the rear mat is what sold me. I just got off the phone after ordering a set of Husky Liners. $144.95, no tax, no shipping. Was told they would ship tomorrow by FEDEX Ground.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Just ordered the Husky liners... and like napr said, the rear mat is what sold me.

They are $126 right now from:

2015 Honda Fit Husky Liners WeatherBeater Floor Mats, Floor Liners

The price online is $139 from several retailers, but RealTruck has 10% off right now. Free shipping & no tax unless you live in North Dakota. I'm excited to have some floor mats that will fit the Fit, unlike my current Costco generics...!

Old 12-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Dropped a full monster energy drink in the car this weekend, actually sat there watching it rush out for a second thinking "so glad I bought these liners" lol. Absolutely love them. And for anyone who finds them slippery, spill something sticky on them and they tack right up