3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Led dash switches

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
Led dash switches

I wanted to add some switches on the dash for different functions. A member here had found an LED rocker switch on Ebay. It has an LED built in which will turn on when the switch is activated. The switch mounts in a round hole a little under 1/2 inch in diameter. The Fit has three panel switch blanks on the dash. I ordered new blanks from BK Honda for about 85 cents each. I carefully drilled out a hole in the middle and enlarged until the switch would just screw in. That way it would be tight and not need the included nut. Not any room for the nut anyway. I did the rub on letter thing for the legends and sprayed the blank with clear paint before installing the switch in the blank. I then hooked up wires for each switch and snapped the finished switches in place. When I want the function I am ready to hook up the wiring. Here is a picture of the completed switch panel.

Name:  dash%20switches_zps7vokooxo.jpg
Views: 7432
Size:  123.7 KB

Old 02-05-2015, 08:28 PM
That's pretty cool, nice work. What do you plan to use them for?

Oh wait.

Footwell lighting
Driving lights
Aux power outlet

?

Haha I was going to do something similar, the GE has little blanks like that too. You should post the link to the switches

Old 02-06-2015, 07:05 AM
5 Year Member
Those switches are also available from Auto Zone and Radio Shack. I have used them for years in automotive applications. Auto Zone has a better selection than RS.

Old 02-07-2015, 08:58 AM
5 Year Member
switch link on Ebay

Sorry . Forgot to post the link. They are lots of Ebay sites that have these same switches. They are all about $7.00 to $8.00 for 5 switches. You can pick from red, green, or blue light up LEDs in the switches. Here is the link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161506583285?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

James

Old 08-15-2018, 11:49 PM
Talking

[QUOTE=James Butler;1290928]I wanted to add some switches on the dash for different functions. A member here had found an LED rocker switch on Ebay. It has an LED built in which will turn on when the switch is activated. The switch mounts in a round hole a little under 1/2 inch in diameter. The Fit has three panel switch blanks on the dash. I ordered new blanks from BK Honda for about 85 cents each. I carefully drilled out a hole in the middle and enlarged until the switch would just screw in. That way it would be tight and not need the included nut. Not any room for the nut anyway. I did the rub on letter thing for the legends and sprayed the blank with clear paint before installing the switch in the blank. I then hooked up wires for each switch and snapped the finished switches in place. When I want the function I am ready to hook up the wiring. Here is a picture of the completed switch panel.

I know this is an old post but there are rocker switches that will fit the OEM blank openings (no drilling required). Not a big fan of the drilling and mounting the switches on top of the blanks. They pop out too much and can be accidentally kneed.

The switch pictured below won't pop out as much. There is a big selection of etches to chose from and I think even they can be ordered custom etched.

Can you please provide the link the for blanks (switch blanks, 85¢ each?)