3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

3rd gen LED pillar lights wiring

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 11:23 PM
3rd gen LED pillar lights wiring

Here is my basic wiring diagram for those 3rd gen aftermarket pillar lights. These i ordered off of Aliexpress and have 3 wires, one for ground, running light and brake light. For simplicity i tapped one wire from the 3rd brake light and ran it through the hatchpanel where the OEM wiring harness goes through. It was a pain to fish it through but what i did was with the trunk open, i had this one wire inside of some plastic armored tubing

From the OEM 3rd brake light harness i fed the wire/tubing out of the BOTTOM left grommet of the door when the door is open. In this pic here, above my hand you have better access for the fish, however i fed regular 14/2 house wire and used it as a fish through that corner and out that same bottom left grommet. I used electrical tape to hold them together I then pulled out the 14/2 to bring this tubing to where i have that spade connector. Check out my post under r/hondafit on subreddit.

I used quick splines rather than T taps for more cleaner wiring. I only used 4 of these, one to tap into the brake light wire up top at the harness, one to tap right side pillar brake light wire into left brake light pillar wire (since i connected left pillar and 3rd brake light directly with a spade connector) and 2 to connect a branch wire for the running lights to the licenses plate bulb grey wire (i used bullet connectors to connect the running light wires directly then tapped off of that)

For the grounds, i grounded them individually. Right side grounded at a wiper motor bolt, and left side there was almost like a rubber weighted block bolted within a bracket to the door? Idk what it was but i used a bolt from there to ground to.