3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2015 Fit pricing and trims

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 01:37 PM
Thanks man!

Old 04-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
And do you think I can hold off either????
Alas, have no choice. You mainlanders are getting the first batch immediately. We may be getting some of that but they've got to travel over water. So arrival May/June.
What I lack with your well-written out game plan, I make up for in decisive forward thinking. As mentioned in my other posts, wrote up my deal last Feb. Its gonna be a WHITE one boys!!!!!!!!!
This is the first time I will be buying a new car at full MSRP!!!!!!!! A miracle for someone as cheap as me.
Never really bought a car right after release. Has anyone gotten a good deal soon after release in previous experience? Or is a good deal not possible unless you wait couple months?

Old 04-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator
Yup sorry I had to edit the post it didn't copy and paste how I wanted.

Old 04-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by nijkap
...bought a car right after release.....a good deal soon after release in previous experience? ..........
My last new vehicle was an '07 FJ Cruiser 6-speeed delivered in '06. I got the third unit from the dealership (1st 2 were autos). Paid full MSRP but got them to waive the doc fees and other unneccessary dealer add-ons. Also got them to throw in the mats: front, rear and boot. Never had an issue with it other than the recall for tires (mis-installed at the factory). So for JDM products, I have no fear in getting a newly designed car.
As for your good deal, its all in the negotiations and how you get along with the sales people you come in contact with. They have to earn a living. Respect that and they should treat you right. Good Luck!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-01-2014 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nijkap
Never really bought a car right after release. Has anyone gotten a good deal soon after release in previous experience? Or is a good deal not possible unless you wait couple months?
Good deals will depend on dealer and how much he wants to cut his cost. I would guess that new Fit will sell at list as this is a new vehicle , from a new Mfg. site and Japan wants to make money, as well as dealers. As RB stated, will depend on dealer and sales staff on whether they want to cut anything off list. I would be more worried on the dealer add-ons which Honda dealers are famous for. The add-ons are nearly pure profit for dealer and I said from the start that Honda dealers will load up the new Fit with their add-ons: i.e. paint protection, fabric protection, etched glass, dent/glass chip protection and many other things you do not need---=but which cost a bundle.
It will surprise me if they sell new Fit with NO dealer add-ons or some other dealer money makers.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:00 PM
I expect there to be no more than ~$800 in profit margin from invoice to MSRP (with destination). Assuming $2-300 for the pre-delivery inspection (PDI) and no factory to dealer money, there won't be a lot of room.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
That EX is one hell of a deal, even at MSRP, with the all the features it comes with. The Fit has such a small mark up that you shouldn't have to spend more than 10 minutes max negotiating on a price.
I sell cars for a leaving and the brand I offer is much more expensive, with more than a $900 or so mark up. For a car like the Fit, like one of the replies mentions, negotiate extras like accessories. Accessories, warranties, etc, will have better mark ups (% wise) that the dealer might consider throwing in or discounting.
Also, if you are financing or leasing, the dealer can be more motivated to discount here and there, since the bank will compensate them for their business.
But I wouldn't go mentioning hold back. That tells the dealer right there that you don't care who you buy from or that customer service doesn't matter. It's a slap in the face. Keep this in mind. Just because a car is sold a few hundred dollars over invoice, your salesman is not getting that money. The dealer has to pay him, the detailer, the manager, the drivers, etc. One of the main Honda dealers near me, the pay their salespeople a flat $75 per car for an invoice sale. That's it. The rest is about hitting a unit bonus, which usually starts at 15 cars a month or more.
Since I sell but also buy cars myself, on a Honda Fit, I offered them $200 over invoice. I could have probably got away with invoice or less, but if that made my salesperson an extra $25-$50, I was ok with that. And it doesn't change my monthly payment enough to complain.

I want a15. And if I decide to buy one of the first ones to arrive, it makes sense that dealers will charge MSRP. And if they happen to have the color and options I want, I'm ok with that, since the mark will be under $1000. That's the price of being one of the first. But remember, no one should complain of being "robbed" because they paid MSRP for a car. No one is forcing you to do it. You can always just say no to the deal.

Last edited by Cornerstrike; 04-01-2014 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
Just curious -- was there ever a 2014 Fit? The dealer where I bought my 2010 only has 2013 Fits in their new inventory.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
Fit 2013 was last model standard Fit and model year 2014 was skipped and Honda is soon to release a 2015 "new" Fit.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by ColinS
I expect there to be no more than ~$800 in profit margin from invoice to MSRP (with destination). Assuming $2-300 for the pre-delivery inspection (PDI) and no factory to dealer money, there won't be a lot of room.
Can I ask why you believe this to be true? IIRC this was true with the Japan built GEs that had to be imported, but why do you think this will still be true with the Mexican built Fits who will have little cost to import?

Old 04-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
....... Mexican built Fits who will have little cost to import?
We're on the same wavelength. Its common sense. Cost have lowered in key areas such as: 2.5% savings on duty due to NAFTA, no ocean freight, lower labor cost, lower cost of added standard techy feature (e.g. LCD screens don't cost as much as they did back in 2007).
HOnda will make sure the dealers make a decent profit cause the new production volume 200k/yr is 3x's + previous volume of 57K. Sales goals are up and Dealers will be happy to sell more of what they can make money on.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Can I ask why you believe this to be true? IIRC this was true with the Japan built GEs that had to be imported, but why do you think this will still be true with the Mexican built Fits who will have little cost to import?
Because Civics have similar margins (~$1000) and they're already made here. The Fit has added content (cost) that will offset the savings in transportation. Note: I'm not saying the cost to Honda to manufacture might not be lower, but we don't know that amount, only (eventually) Invoice (to dealer) and MSRP.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by megaman45
So besides moonroof, interior is same for EX and LX, correct?
The EX also gets the fancy stereo.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
The EX also gets the fancy stereo.
I guess technically, pushbutton start and lane watch are interior features that I'd add to the interior differences.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by ColinS
...........pushbutton start and lane watch are interior features that I'd add..........
To the EX? That model is listed having perimeter entry, push button start and Lane watch as standard equipment.
Of course, nowadays, lots of aftermarket kits available to do the same thing to the LX model. My nephew has a China-made perimeter entry on his '98 Integra Type R, worked for 1 year and he reverted back to the stock remote push button fob. He also installed a push button start from an OEM part for the S2000.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-01-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:08 PM
^^ That was in response to 'what is the interior difference between LX and EX' besides moonroof.

Old 04-01-2014, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
So the LX 6M will be the "Base" equivlent. I'm comparing it to my 2013 Base 5 MT and I like the standard features on the LX. Cruise control with a 6M is great. I have that on my car. LOVE the idea of a 6 speed. The one thing that I also think is a great safety feature is the back up camera. Comes on as soon as you shift into reverse (saw that in Jason's video).

What I hope for is better seats. The seats in my car caused a lot of back pain at first, until I got a fix going. I don't want a sun roof. My last Honda (86 Civic Si) had a sun roof, and I always noted that was the hottest part of the car in summer, even with the shield in place. Plus took away headroom. So, for me, the LX would be the car to get. I bet Honda sells more LX than other versions, and that a lot of 'em (OK, most of 'em) will be the dreaded CVT tranny.

Stick, gotta be a stick.... Forgot to add, I was reading autoguide.com and saw the article; thought I wonder if it came from OUR site? Yep.... Good job FIT4LIFE....

Last edited by siguy; 04-01-2014 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:06 AM
I see different prices on this site: 2015 Honda Fit Reviews - Honda Fit Price, Photos, and Specs - CARandDRIVER

Any thoughts?

Old 04-02-2014, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator
...different prices.........Any thoughts?
Includes Destination of $790.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-02-2014 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:47 AM
5 Year Member
Any thoughts?
32 combined is what my CRX with a ZC gets. Funny that in 25 years, I can upgrade to a 4-passenger car with a bit more cargo space, the exact same base hp, but not gain any mpg at all. I hardly consider that progress. Wonder how heavy the stock seats are - that and the rims may at least lighten up the car a bit when replaced.
On the other hand, I get a rear camera that should be unnecessary if the rear windows were designed appropriately.
Overall, still, a very nice package at the price. They should be able to keep the prices semi-close to invoice, as these are going to fly off the shelves, I'd imagine.

Quick Reply: 2015 Fit pricing and trims