3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2015 Fit pricing and trims

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
Well, the Fit is wayy heavier than a CRX haha so fuel economy will suffer in that respect. and it's progressed so much in terms of NVH and features!

Old 04-02-2014, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
How's the double wishbone on the Fit?

Yes, much heavier, about 550 lbs. But IMHO, all it means is that car makers are lazy about progress, mostly due to the consumers not really caring about it, as gas is so cheap here. It's a lose/lose cycle. When I was growing up, the Golf diesel got 55 mph. I was expecting things to get better than that - boy was I naive.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
I've felt the disadvantage a little with MacPherson and Torsion in my Fit and possibly the 2nd gen. The ride will easily get choppy. The rear can also be quite bouncy but that could be because of how light it is in the the rear.

The way the 2015 rides up on the 2 front seats however... Is something I never felt possible in a Honda Fit. The way I feel when I drove it was something I would have NEVER expected a small car to feel like.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
No 6-speed stick with heated seats or NAV?

Rats! I was really looking for a replacement for my 2nd Gen Fit Sport w/NAV that offered taller gearing and more creature comforts. Now it turns out the 6th gear in the new car is the same ratio as the 5th gear in the old car, so it will still be buzzy on the highway. And if you want heated seats and higher cabin tech, you're forced to get a CVT.

Looks like I'll be waiting until this time next year to get BMW's upscale version of the Fit, the FWD 2-Series Active Tourer. Perhaps I'll get lucky and a Fit RS will be released between now and then.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
I was driving the 2015 at 90mph on the fwy and there was pretty much no annoying buzz from the engine, it's a really pleasant cabin all around. They did a lot to improve the car, don't let numbers get to your head and just check it out when it's available

Old 04-02-2014, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
I was driving the 2015 at 90mph on the fwy and there was pretty much no annoying buzz from the engine, it's a really pleasant cabin all around. They did a lot to improve the car, don't let numbers get to your head and just check it out when it's available
Thanks! That's a bit comforting. By any chance, did you note the RPM in 6th gear at any particular speeds?

Old 04-02-2014, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
Not really, but as it has been said, the ratios are the same as the GE in 6th gear so expect the same range of RPM. But if you go to my videos on my thread, the only time you really hear the engine scream is at full-out throttle and very high RPM and even then, it's a nice tone

Old 04-02-2014, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by tommycrx
How's the double wishbone on the Fit?

Yes, much heavier, about 550 lbs. But IMHO, all it means is that car makers are lazy about progress, mostly due to the consumers not really caring about it, as gas is so cheap here. It's a lose/lose cycle. When I was growing up, the Golf diesel got 55 mph. I was expecting things to get better than that - boy was I naive.
A good portion of the weight increase is due to better crash structures and other safety improvements. A good bit of the improvements in engine technology have gone towards reducing emissions, which doesn't always mean improving gas milage.

Comparing gas milage to cars of 25 years ago is tricky, too. If you're going by the EPA milage ratings, they've been redefined a few times, with the older ones being much more generous than the current ones. If you're instead going by milage achieved during actual driving, conditions have also changed quite a bit—people drive a lot faster on the highways than they did (55 MPH speed limits?), and I suspect overall rather more aggressively as well. Traffic flow through cities has probably changed a lot, too, depending on the city.

Edit: I should have said 65 MPH speed limits, I guess. The national 55 speed limit ended a couple years prior.

Last edited by DrewE; 04-02-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I know that I'm definitely doing a good amount of apples to oranges. Of course, at that time, rotory engines were going to be something special, too.

DZ - that 2 series AT is going to be in a whole nother class than the Fit, no? Though a 228 in VO is mighty sexy at $38k (two '15 Fits, unfortunately). I'm wondering when companies are just going to stop nav systems altogether in cars - between phones and Garmin-type devices, it's really a sin to attempt to justify the OEM price gaps anymore, even if it's not a $2k difference anymore.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:59 PM
I have a question about the standard bluetooth feature: does it only work w/ phone calls or will it also offer music streaming (from smartphone)? I am looking at the basic LX version, not the EX model.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Surviver of the Fittest
I have a question about the standard bluetooth feature: does it only work w/ phone calls or will it also offer music streaming (from smartphone)? I am looking at the basic LX version, not the EX model.
I don't think that's been announced yet, technically the 'specs' as we know them are still rumor. However, it does seem like most of the current implementations of BT include streaming.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DZeckhausen
Rats! I was really looking for a replacement for my 2nd Gen Fit Sport w/NAV that offered taller gearing and more creature comforts. Now it turns out the 6th gear in the new car is the same ratio as the 5th gear in the old car, so it will still be buzzy on the highway. And if you want heated seats and higher cabin tech, you're forced to get a CVT.

Looks like I'll be waiting until this time next year to get BMW's upscale version of the Fit, the FWD 2-Series Active Tourer. Perhaps I'll get lucky and a Fit RS will be released between now and then.

That is a very nice looking and intriguing car. But having owned 2 new Minis and 3 new BMWs in my life, I can guaranty that it will not be nearly as reliable as a Honda fit, will not quite match the fit's utility and that it will cost just about double that of the fit to purchase and lots more to maintain after the free maintenance period ends.

The new fit will have the latest in high tech cabin without having to get the CVT. The new fit will use the nav in your phone to display on its screen. This ensures a much better and up to date nav than any built in unit could offer.

Don't hold your breath for a fit RS. Not gonna happen.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TCroly
That is a very nice looking and intriguing car. But having owned 2 new Minis and 3 new BMWs in my life, I can guaranty that it will not be nearly as reliable as a Honda fit, will not quite match the fit's utility and that it will cost just about double that of the fit to purchase and lots more to maintain after the free maintenance period ends.

The new fit will have the latest in high tech cabin without having to get the CVT. The new fit will use the nav in your phone to display on its screen. This ensures a much better and up to date nav than any built in unit could offer.

Don't be surprised if Honda comes out with a Fit Sport again. The USDM Fit Sport = JDM Fit RS. It would have the larger rear spoiler and the ground effects and most likely positioned between the LX and EX trims.

Last edited by FIT4LIFE; 04-03-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:21 AM

Highlighted above. Only Nav Map you can use is the downloaded Nokia Nav App, and no on else's if you didn't know of this.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id737070895?mt=8

Last edited by SR45; 04-03-2014 at 05:23 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SR45
Highlighted above. Only Nav Map you can use is the downloaded Nokia Nav App, and no on else's if you didn't know of this.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id737070895?mt=8
Now that seems disappointing!

Old 04-03-2014, 08:59 AM
Now that seems disappointing!
And this is why I'm opting for the In-Dash Nav system at the higher cost. Now having CarPlay that will be introduced sometime this year in some Honda cars will be better (I think). but that's not to be in the new Fit.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
For this car, price is not an object - within reason, of course! We bought a 2nd Gen Fit because nothing else in the USA had the same form factor, space efficiency, and fun to drive factor. Had the "Mercedes Fit" (A-Class) been available at twice the price, we would have grabbed that instead.

Had several BMWs and even a TVR 280i, so I'm definitely not scared of reliability issues. How bad could anything be, compared to a TVR? ;-)

Old 04-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by DZeckhausen
...... How bad could anything be, compared to a TVR? ;-)
What about an original right-hand drive '67 MG Midget (1275cc). The worst brakes, overheats, crazy Smith gauges, non-synchro first gear, headlights that are less effective than a hand-held flashlight. The list is endless. Wonder why English car mfgs. are now mostly owed by foreign corporations???
As for the A-class, for double the price, doesn't have double the space, nor double the reliability especially when warranty is over. That's why they're nicknamed "MsBends". Nice pic though.
But for those with deep pockets, anything goes. Your a lucky guy. We all wish we were in your financial world.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-03-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:23 PM
In terms of Nav, I really wish they just make the screen a dumb terminal for whatever smartphone you have (isn't Mirror Link supposed to do that?) That way I can use whatever app I want. For nav I prefer Google Map, and I also have an offline nav program when there's no data. Honda's solution will be mediocre at best. This is why I'd rather save 2k for the LX, even though I really like to have a better stereo system and maybe the lane watch camera thing (is it worth it?)

Old 04-03-2014, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
Let's just say "medium pockets"

Quick Reply: 2015 Fit pricing and trims