3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Fit vs Fiesta - hidden Honda page?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MTLian
Mike410 is correct across the board! If you get a Fiesta ST I will be green with envy! I saw a yellow ST in Montreal and it is to die for. However, since I like owning cars for a long time, I dunno how I'd feel about owning a Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily)!

Goobers is right that style is subjective... except in the case of the GK. Anyone with a pair of eyes can see that it looks like the bastard child of a football and a wheel barrow. I was kinda jealous when I read of all the nice improvements for the new Fit... Until I saw it! USDM is even uglier with it's messed up front fascia.

There's just no contest between the Fit and the Fiesta ST except that the latter is considerably more expensive and doesn't have the great versatility of the magic seats. I think the ST has Recaro seats too... Quite the car! I do think it runs on premium fuel though.

At its price point, Fit is still king!
Talk about opinionated. Well, that is your right.

Have fun... I'm out of this thread. Last thing I need is to be involved in a heated, HIGHLY OPINIONATED topic.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:53 AM
Originally Posted by mike410b
How often do you put four adults in your Versa? And if so, at what point do the adults in the back need to get make sure they're not in a 13 year old Kia based on the interior around them?
Perhaps you are single or have no friends? The Fit is an economy car who's marketing is based almost entirely on fitting a huge interior into a small exterior. Take it for what it is. The Fiesta is a really small car with good driving dynamics and interior. And a small interior. And a small exterior. That's fine if that's what you want.

What if you do need to carry passengers in the back seat more often than not? A short ride in a cramped back seat is bearable but when you shuttle an 8 year old and a 3 year old (in a largish child seat) everyday plus the wife once in a while... it does become an issue.

Honda's way has always been about being really good at everything, but not the best at anything. That's good enough for a lot of people.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:57 AM
Mike410 is correct across the board! If you get a Fiesta ST I will be green with envy! I saw a yellow ST in Montreal and it is to die for. However, since I like owning cars for a long time, I dunno how I'd feel about owning a Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily)!

Goobers is right that style is subjective... except in the case of the GK. Anyone with a pair of eyes can see that it looks like the bastard child of a football and a wheel barrow. I was kinda jealous when I read of all the nice improvements for the new Fit... Until I saw it! USDM is even uglier with it's messed up front fascia.

There's just no contest between the Fit and the Fiesta ST except that the latter is considerably more expensive and doesn't have the great versatility of the magic seats. I think the ST has Recaro seats too... Quite the car! I do think it runs on premium fuel though.

At its price point, Fit is still king!
Are you seriously comparing a Fiesta ST to a Honda Fit?

Old 05-15-2014, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by elementrace
Are you seriously comparing a Fiesta ST to a Honda Fit?
Yes! I love subcompact hatchbacks! If Honda offered a 196 hp Fit, I'd be all over that even if that meant shelling out 4k more than a base. I do concede that the ST is a few grand more but you get a lot of punch for the money.

They are in the same category sooo, why not compare them? If Honda offered a Si Fit I'd compare that but they don't so I have to compare to the top trim Fit and take in account the price difference.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:18 AM
Perhaps you are single or have no friends? The Fit is an economy car who's marketing is based almost entirely on fitting a huge interior into a small exterior. Take it for what it is. The Fiesta is a really small car with good driving dynamics and interior. And a small interior. And a small exterior. That's fine if that's what you want.

What if you do need to carry passengers in the back seat more often than not? A short ride in a cramped back seat is bearable but when you shuttle an 8 year old and a 3 year old (in a largish child seat) everyday plus the wife once in a while... it does become an issue.

Honda's way has always been about being really good at everything, but not the best at anything. That's good enough for a lot of people.

i agree, but i think his comment was more aimed at trying to insult my versa which failed horribly....i like my car because i like it, not because i want everyone else to like it

Old 05-15-2014, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member

Not single, have friends. Good try doe.

Comment was directed at the Versa Note, the worst car to come out of Japan since the (insert anything Nissan makes sans GT-R).

Old 05-15-2014, 04:46 PM

Comment was directed at the Versa Note, the worst car to come out of Japan since the (insert anything Nissan makes sans GT-R).
... But do you ever take them or any cargo with you? If you don't why even bother with the Fit or Versa? A versa is indeed not a great car and arguably worse than a Fit at everything... But is cheap and has limo-like rear seat room. And just like you who has a thing for "hot hatches", some people have a thing for practicality or roominess. And you kept comparing specifically to an ST Fiesta which in my mind is not even in the same class of car anymore as either the Fit or Versa in terms of price or market. I'd compare it more to a Civic Si if anything.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:09 PM

and?.....

Old 05-15-2014, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
And just like you who has a thing for "hot hatches", some people have a thing for practicality or roominess. And you kept comparing specifically to an ST Fiesta which in my mind is not even in the same class of car anymore as either the Fit or Versa in terms of price or market. I'd compare it more to a Civic Si if anything.
Actually, I'm the one that likes hatches and guess what, I drive a Fit! Obviously, "in your mind", you feel like the Fiesta ST is in another class than the Fit but in reality, they are both in the same class: subcompact. Comparing a Fiesta and a Civic is comparing cars from two different classes, subcompact and compact. The appropriate car in the same class of the Civic is the Focus.

It's true that it's not really a fair comparison but that's because Honda decided not to offer a Si package for the Fit. The fiesta ST is also considerably pricier but packs a whole lot more punch. If you want power in a hatch, it seems like it's the way to go, I don't think even with turbo a Fit could reach that amount of HP.

P.S. I love the Fit too, I drive one so there's no need to get all uppity to defend the Fit. We know it's qualities cos we own one! However, as a GD driver, I am totally entitled to poke fun at the monstrosity which is the design of the GK

Last edited by MTLian; 05-15-2014 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:05 PM
It's true that it's not really a fair comparison but that's because Honda decided not to offer a Si package for the Fit. The fiesta ST is also considerably pricier but packs a whole lot more punch. If you want power in a hatch, it seems like it's the way to go, I don't think even with turbo a Fit could reach that amount of HP.

P.S. I love the Fit too, I drive one so there's no need to get all uppity to defend the Fit. We know it's qualities cos we own one! However, as a GD driver, I am totally entitled to poke fun at the monstrosity which is the design of the GK
I hope the ST sells well, might prompt honda to release its 1.5 turbo engine in the fit, *which I think already are rated slightly higher than 197hp*

be gone with all this economy/mpg nonsense!

Old 05-15-2014, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
... But do you ever take them or any cargo with you? If you don't why even bother with the Fit or Versa? A versa is indeed not a great car and arguably worse than a Fit at everything... But is cheap and has limo-like rear seat room. And just like you who has a thing for "hot hatches", some people have a thing for practicality or roominess. And you kept comparing specifically to an ST Fiesta which in my mind is not even in the same class of car anymore as either the Fit or Versa in terms of price or market. I'd compare it more to a Civic Si if anything.
Cargo? Yes. Friends? Rarely, generally we meet at our destinations, as we don't live within five minutes or so of one another. The USA is a bit big.

I've also only been comparing the Fit to the 1L EcoBoost Fiesta rated for 45 MPG.

I am totally entitled to poke fun at the monstrosity which is the design of the GK
Yes!

Old 05-15-2014, 09:35 PM
I've also only been comparing the Fit to the 1L EcoBoost Fiesta rated for 45 MPG.

Yes!
that fiesta ecoboost actually is fail though. did you see the review I linked earlier?

slower, less space and worse yet couldnt get the mpg claimed. no thanks.

the ST on the other hand looks the goods for some fun.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Japan Tragic
that fiesta ecoboost actually is fail though. did you see the review I linked earlier?

slower, less space and worse yet couldnt get the mpg claimed. no thanks.

the ST on the other hand looks the goods for some fun.
Yes that, I've no idea how the folks at C&D only managed to get 20 MPG in it. I struggled to get under 30 in my old GD.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator
...........I love the Fit too, I drive one so there's no need to get all uppity to defend the Fit. We know it's qualities cos we own one! However, as a GD driver, I am totally entitled to poke fun at the monstrosity which is the design of the GK
You have the right to do anything.

You and I both own GD's (I got mine since new and its a base stock unit). Is yours a CANADIAN DX? No air, no power locks???? That is really true love!!!! Nevertheless, your continuing praise for the GD has credibility as you have driven, owned and lived with it.

Alternatively, we also have the right to comment. Especially since you have never even driven a GK at all - that is total lack of credibility and drawing pre-mature emotional conclusions based on non-physical interaction.

You'll be in that emotional state at least for another 4 months till your dealers get them. That's if you even what to look at one much less drive it - given you think its a "monstrosity".

In the meantime, continue your posts as its provides total entertainment via your "definitive" conclusions!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 05-15-2014 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
You have the right to do anything.

You and I both own GD's (I got mine since new and its a base stock unit). Is yours a CANADIAN DX? No air, no power locks???? That is really true love!!!! Nevertheless, your continuing praise for the GD has credibility as you have driven, owned and lived with it.
Hahaha! Canadian DX is pure jokes. I would never buy a car without AC! I drive a Fit Sport

Alternatively, we also have the right to comment. Especially since you have never even driven a GK at all - that is total lack of credibility and drawing pre-mature emotional conclusions based on non-physical interaction.

You'll be in that emotional state at least for another 4 months till your dealers get them. That's if you even what to look at one much less drive it - given you think its a "monstrosity".

In the meantime, continue your posts as its provides total entertainment via your "definitive" conclusions!!!!!!!!!!!
You must have missed all my other comments praising the GK. DOHC, leather seats, 6 speed (although the 6th gear ratio is a HUGE disappointment, boo!), heated seats, backup camera, better MPG 130 hp... It's like a dream come true! Then there's the design... Ouch! I like Japan Tragic's Fit in orange but I think the USDM has a modified front end that makes it look bad. I don't even mind the Volvo rear end.

Honda musta known that I would have raced to my nearest Honda dealer to get a GK had it not been for its ugliness. Thanks honda for lookin' out for me oh yea and fix that 6th gear and I'll buy one in a heartbeat

Mike, I get a solid 20 MPG no matter what I do. Drive fast, drive slow, fast accelerating, granny driving, coasting, engine braking... At the end of the day I get 20. I'm taking my Fit to my mechanic for a diagnostic so I hope he can tell me if something is up. I'll get him to clean my injectors, maybe it'll help... Ever since I got my UltraGauge and started using Fuelly I discovered that I make a solid 20 mpg.

P.S. Honda offering yellow was great news too except they messed that up too and made it a sickly greenish yellow... What the hey! I've seen a GE in yellow from a fried chicken delivery car and it looked badass (minus the big chicken decal on the doors lol)

Last edited by MTLian; 05-16-2014 at 12:30 AM.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator
...I drive a Fit Sport.................missed all my other comments ........ the design... Ouch!.........like Japan Tragic's Fit in orange.............Thanks honda for lookin' out for me........fix that 6th gear ...........Mike,.........solid 20 MPG no matter what I do.......yellow was great news too except they messed that up.........
Fit Sport - ya got good taste (and the big bucks)!!! I'm so cheap, when I was at the dealership back in '07 just would'nt cough up the extra. Never even spent for any add-ons since.

As for other comments made previously, its your latest comments which hold current impressions. Besides, am not in the habit of researching posters past. What you say today is what's read today!!!

Japan Tragic's orange!!! We all like his set-up and color. That's in Japan though. But do you actually think that aftermarket mfg. are going to sit idley by and not give modders products to re-do GK's into JDM clones??? There are tons of GD and GE stuff available. GK add-ons are inevitable. As for color, a re-paint is always an option.

6th gear failing....design??? Maybe, but the point is you have never seen one in person, much less driven one!!!! Therefore your current "definitive" conclusions are not credible.

Don't know what your locality is like, but 20 MPG is pretty pathetic. Even FF guys from LA get better and their area is bumper to bumper traffic galore. That's about as bad as my wife's Lexus RX 4WD. It averages 17.7 mpg (25% hwy/75% city). If that has been your mileage since 2007, that ain't no joke. If your tech can't figure it out, its time you trade it in for your car of choice - FORD FIESTA ST.

Before joining FF last March, the best I could do was 34 MPG and that was pure hwy. Got myself an UltraG last month and can do 38 MPG Hwy max. with the a/c on 50% of the time. Have learned a lot from hypermiling FFs and it works.

Then there's YELLOW. I repeat, have you actually seen/driven one in person???? If not, I rest my case. No see, no touch, no drive - NO CREDIBILITY resulting in pre-mature "definitive" conclusions!!!!

Are you alone??? Definitely not. The perplexing thing is that you bunch of naysayers have no physical interaction with the GK. Emotional reaction is one thing but factual hands-on analysis is what counts.

FF guys like Japan Tragic, Accordguyintake, ColinS have solid reviews and these are the only ones that count - for now, till the rest of us finally drive one!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 05-17-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Fit Sport - ya got good taste (and the big bucks)!!! I'm so cheap, when I was at the dealership back in '07 just would'nt cough up the extra. Never even spent for any add-ons since.

As for other comments made previously, its your latest comments which hold current impressions. Besides, am not in the habit of researching posters past. What you say today is what's read today!!!

Japan Tragic's orange!!! We all like his set-up and color. That's in Japan though. But do you actually think that aftermarket mfg. are going to sit idley by and not give modders products to re-do GK's into JDM clones??? There are tons of GD and GE stuff available. GK add-ons are inevitable. As for color, a re-paint is always an option.

6th gear failing....design??? Maybe, but the point is you have never seen one in person, much less driven one!!!! Therefore your current "definitive" conclusions are not credible.

Don't know what your locality is like, but 20 MPG is pretty pathetic. Even FF guys from LA get better and their area is bumper to bumper traffic galore. That's about as bad as my wife's Lexus RX 4WD. It averages 17.7 mpg (25% hwy/75% city). If that has been your mileage since 2007, that ain't no joke. If your tech can't figure it out, its time you trade it in for your car of choice - FORD FIESTA SI.

Before joining FF last March, the best I could do was 34 MPG and that was pure hwy. Got myself an UltraG last month and can do 38 MPG Hwy max. with the a/c on 50% of the time. Have learned a lot from hypermiling FFs and it works.

Then there's YELLOW. I repeat, have you actually seen/driven one in person???? If not, I rest my case. No see, no touch, no drive - NO CREDIBILITY resulting in pre-mature "definitive" conclusions!!!!

Are you alone??? Definitely not. The perplexing thing is that you bunch of naysayers have no physical interaction with the GK. Emotional reaction is one thing but factual analysis is what counts.

FF guys like Japan Tragic, Accordguyintake, ColinS have solid reviews and these are the only ones that count - for now, till the rest of us finally drive one!!!
You are too cheap to buy the sport package but you talk about repaint and mods? Looks like you will be driving it stock. Perhaps you can get Honda to a include a bag with eyeholes in it to put over your head when you drive it. lol j/k

Honestly, I have not much emotion with cars. A car is a tool, a machine.

As far as credibility, I've seen accordguyintake's reviews and they were made only once all other major car magazines came out with their reviews. Actually most of his review thread was a copy paste of tons of specs. Still appreciate the effort though. The fact is that the gearing of the 6th gear is identical to that of the GEs 5th. Most drivers were hoping for lower RPMs on the highway but now honda has give the Fit more shifting for the same result. Kinda sucks. I drive a GD so I expect it to be louder and obnoxious because that's the type of car it is and that's how I like it but it seems that Honda has been trying to refine the Fit with the GE and even further with the GK so the 6th gear was a big letdown for me and plenty of people.

I've owned my car since 2012 and noticed the MPG when I started using Fuelly and UltraGauge. The one time I got better MPG was when I did a trip to the states and got about 38MPG. I never so highway driving and I live in a cold country so these are some things that might have contributed to my poor MPG. I've got it narrowed down to one of the following: bad O2 sensor, bad coils, bad sparks, slipping clutch, dirty injectors, dirty air box. I'm hoping my mechanic will know what to do.

I'll most certainly test drive a GK when they become available in my Country which will be 6months after everyone else in the world . I think the GK is still a great car for the money but I'm just disappointed it wasn't better (looking).

Old 05-16-2014, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator
You are too cheap...........

Honestly, I have not much emotion with cars....a tool.......

As far as credibility, I've seen accordguyintake's reviews....were made only once all other major car magazines came out..............a copy paste of tons of specs. Still appreciate the effort though. ....6th gear is identical to that of the GEs 5th......for the same result. Kinda sucks..............

................hoping my mechanic will know what to do.

I'll most certainly test drive a GK when they become available........6months after everyone else in the world . I think the GK is still a great car for the money but I'm just disappointed it wasn't better (looking).
Cheap is right. I live with myself everyday so that makes my self-analysis credible. As for the paperbag, Honda gave my wife one cause she wears it everytime I drive her in the GD "fridge on wheels".

Personal emotion is one thing but to make statements and draw your conclusions (e.g. the monterous looks, 6th, DI etc.....), without as much as seeing or driving the GK IN PERSON. Sorry, not based on FACTS and that's being EMOTIONAL.

Accordguyintake review, was delayed only because the guy is a gentleman. There was an embargo and he followed the given date as most honorable journalists have done. BTW, he preceded a ton of the other reviews. I beg to differ, in as far as the review's content goes. Being a GE driver, he knew exactly what to look for and disseminated his views to the FF community in his own words. Specs are specs and there was no need other than to copy what the factory had released. No failing there.

6th gear is the same as the GE's 5th. So your saying that the car will perform exactly the same given the figures you've READ. Let me say again, until you actually drive one you still don't know. Your inferance to this assumed failing, for now, without actually DRIVING it, is baseless.

your mechanic - if you can get 38mpg in the hwy. I doubt if there is anything wrong with your GD. Mine has never failed me, EVER!!! Other than consumables, it has been my mini-tank.

Test drive the GK? That's what I keep saying. Make your conclusion(s) AFTER that not BEFORE.

6months from now, you would have read numerous threads and posts from us US owners who will be speaking based on a physical HAND-ON experience. You may still find the montrosity unbearable, but until you actually see one in real life, ya won't know for sure.

Its just like looking at Kate Upton. She may look good in all the photos and videos, but until you see her up close and personal, its still wishfull thinking. Nah!!! Very bad anology. I'll take her anytime, upfront or not!!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 05-16-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:51 PM
Everyone will have their own opinion about the look and design of the new Fit. For sure the 2015 appeals to a broader audience. The Fit and Honda in general are meant for the most people possible and therefore profit, so the opinion of a small group of people who like to treat their economy car Fit like it's a sports car is meaningless to Honda.

For my .02 which admittedly doesn't mean much, the 1st gen Fit is one of the most hideous cars I've seen, the 2nd gen is pretty good but not that great looking, and the new 3rd gen looks good!

Old 05-16-2014, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by amy_wilhelmina
Everyone will have their own opinion about the look and design of the new Fit. For sure the 2015 appeals to a broader audience. The Fit and Honda in general are meant for the most people possible and therefore profit, so the opinion of a small group of people who like to treat their economy car Fit like it's a sports car is meaningless to Honda.
Not Soichiro.

Dude's rolling in his grave with the current state of Honda.

130 bhp from a 1.5l DOHC in 2014? COME ON.

Quick Reply: Fit vs Fiesta - hidden Honda page?