3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Fit vs Fiesta - hidden Honda page?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Not Soichiro.

Dude's rolling in his grave with the current state of Honda.

130 bhp from a 1.5l DOHC in 2014? COME ON.
Well, when you die you sort of lose a say in where the company is headed. Honda is much more like Toyota and becoming more that way.

Old 05-16-2014, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Cheap is right. I live with myself everyday so that makes my self-analysis credible. As for the paperbag, Honda gave my wife one cause she wears it everytime I drive her in the GD "fridge on wheels".

Personal emotion is one thing but to make statements and draw your conclusions (e.g. the monterous looks, 6th, DI etc.....), without as much as seeing or driving the GK IN PERSON. Sorry, not based on FACTS and that's being EMOTIONAL.

Accordguyintake review, was delayed only because the guy is a gentleman. There was an embargo and he followed the given date as most honorable journalists have done. BTW, he preceded a ton of the other reviews. I beg to differ, in as far as the review's content goes. Being a GE driver, he knew exactly what to look for and disseminated his views to the FF community in his own words. Specs are specs and there was no need other than to copy what the factory had released. No failing there.

6th gear is the same as the GE's 5th. So your saying that the car will perform exactly the same given the figures you've READ. Let me say again, until you actually drive one you still don't know. Your inferance to this assumed failing, for now, without actually DRIVING it, is baseless.

your mechanic - if you can get 38mpg in the hwy. I doubt if there is anything wrong with your GD. Mine has never failed me, EVER!!! Other than consumables, it has been my mini-tank.

Test drive the GK? That's what I keep saying. Make your conclusion(s) AFTER that not BEFORE.

6months from now, you would have read numerous threads and posts from us US owners who will be speaking based on a physical HAND-ON experience. You may still find the montrosity unbearable, but until you actually see one in real life, ya won't know for sure.

Its just like looking at Kate Upton. She may look good in all the photos and videos, but until you see her up close and personal, its still wishfull thinking. Nah!!! Very bad anology. I'll take her anytime, upfront or not!!!!
Ok, the fact that 3rd gen Fit looks like a wheel barrow and a badger is my opinion, I'll grant you that.

But the gearing of the 6th gear is just a cold hard fact and unless the wheels are considerably larger, the revs at 65+ MPH will still be up there. It's just math, engine revolutions - gear ratio - amount of times the wheels turn per minute - speed... That's the realm of fact not opinion.

The opinion side of things is: do you want a car that revs at 3500+ at highway speeds. In my little GD, I don't mind but if Honda's goal is to refine the Fit and make it more luxurious at its price point, I feel like its a step back not to include another greater ratio in the 6th gear.

P.S. I never said anything about direct injection. Again, it's yourself that can't stand that the car you are enamoured with is being criticized and you are imagining that I'm making baseless attacks at this machine you so dearly appreciate. I'm glad you are psyched to get a GK and I'm psyched that Honda is finally refreshing the Fit after so many years. I'm just disappointed in a couple aspects but maybe in the future they will make improvements on the 2015. Anyway, I've told myself my next car will be an electric! Bye bye MPG! I'd actually love a fit EV. Maybe in 5 years when they become affordable and more reliable.

Old 05-16-2014, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by MTLian
Ok.......... is my opinion, I'll grant you that.

......6th gear is just a cold hard fact......just math, engine revolutions - gear ratio - ..........realm of fact not opinion.

.............step back not to include another greater ratio in the 6th gear.

..........never said anything about direct injection......you are enamoured with is being criticized........imagining that I'm making baseless attacks.......... ......psyched to get a GK.......next car will be an electric!.........actually love a fit EV....affordable and more reliable
Your opinion. Definitely yes. Are they based on hands-on physical facts? Nope. You had no choice but to grant me that.

6th gear in the same GD or GE as yours - maybe you got a point. But in a vehicle with 130 hp??? Let's face it, no one has published that the RPM at 80 mph is the same or worse. Could it be better? You seem not to think so, therefore I have to repeat, DRIVE IT FIRST before you make make your baseless CONCLUSIONS.

Step back? I'll let you know once I've driven one.

Direct injection - my retort does not only concern you, but all those who seem to have a problem with the GK and still HAVE NEVER DRIVEN IT!!!

Enamoured, psyched and so dearly appreciate. Never used those words in any of my posts. Your hoping I feel those emotions but at this point, not yet - I HAVEN'T DRIVEN IT!!!! All I have admitted too is I'm commited having signed a deal last Feb. That's it!!! I seem to be the first committed guinea pig on FF and I don't mind that at all. Commited is not love. Got married the first time - I was commited. Could'nt live with her - divorced and now am on my second. Made that conclusion after living with the first for seven years, not reading!!!! That's HANDS-on experience.

Both you and I haven't DRIVEN one yet. I haven't made any conclusions other than stating my commitment. Wheras you seem to take facts from another model year and assuming that it will be factual. That is what I call a BASELESS conclusion.

BTW, I don't view your posts as attacks. All here on the FF forum are priveleged to write as they feel. Its just in your case, I repeat, conclusion made out of emotion rather than undeniable hands-on experience.

next car.....Electric car! Good choice, but why a FIT EV? It will still have the same look - as you say, its "monsterous" and "looks like a wheel barrow and a badger!!!".

more affordable, reliable. In 5 years time they still might not bring in the Fit EV. Think used Fiesta ST instead!!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 05-16-2014 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by amy_wilhelmina
Well, when you die you sort of lose a say in where the company is headed. Honda is much more like Toyota and becoming more that way.
And you're supporting the production of inferior vehicles.

Your opinion. Definitely yes. Are they based on hands-on physical facts? Nope. You had no choice but to grant me that.

I've seen it in person. Its as horrible as he thinks.

6th gear in the same GD or GE as yours - maybe you got a point. But in a vehicle with 130 hp??? Let's face it, no one has published that the RPM at 80 mph is the same or worse. Could it be better? You seem not to think so, therefore I have to repeat, DRIVE IT FIRST before you make make your baseless CONCLUSIONS.

No, the same gear ratios combined with the same final drive will lead to exactly the same RPM at the same speed, unless the tires are huge relative to the GE....which they aren't, 10-20mm taller makes VERY little difference.

Step back? I'll let you know once I've driven one.

Direct injection - my retort does not only concern you, but all those who seem to have a problem with the GK and still HAVE NEVER DRIVEN IT!!!

Only luddites are complaining about DI. Neither MTLian nor I have said a word against DI.
My responses in bold.

The relationship between gear ratios/final drive/tire diameter/RPM is not vehicle dependent, its a constant.

Old 05-16-2014, 04:47 PM
And you're supporting the production of inferior vehicles.
It isn't inferior to me, it is much improved in the ways that I care about over all previous generations. So it is something I am actively looking to support.

And saying that a car looks horrible is 100% subjective. The forcefulness of expression doesn't make it into a fact. I think the car in your signature looks absolutely awful, but obviously you don't.. just an example of subjectiveness.

Old 05-16-2014, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by amy_wilhelmina
It isn't inferior to me, it is much improved in the ways that I care about over all previous generations. So it is something I am actively looking to support.

And saying that a car looks horrible is 100% subjective. The forcefulness of expression doesn't make it into a fact. I think the car in your signature looks absolutely awful, but obviously you don't.. just an example of subjectiveness.
No, I don't think the car in my signature is good looking.

But next to a 2015...its Heidi Klum to the 2015's Adele.

Old 05-16-2014, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member

Old 05-16-2014, 05:12 PM
The manual transmission RPM discussion can be settled right here: Honda Media Newsroom - Fit - 2015 Fit Specifications & Features

Same top gear ratio.
Same final drive ratio.
Same tire size.
= same rpm at speed.

Old 05-16-2014, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator
........you're supporting the production of inferior vehicles.
Definitely not. Have you already concluded that the GK is an inferior vehicle? Are you similarly trying to think and speak in my behalf? Big failure for now. GK could be a failure in your eyes, but since I haven't driven one yet, am reserving my CONCLUSION after its done.

The relationship between gear ratios/final drive/tire diameter/RPM is not vehicle dependent, its a constant.
You could be right. However, only a test drive IN PERSON will have finality. Your speaking from conjecture based on facts derived from pure numbers on another vehicle with a completely different engine. To conclude that the results should be exactly the same or worse is vastly pre-mature. Guess that since you share the same view of its looks you'll have no interest in a one-on-one vehicle demo at your local dealer. No worries, I'll gladly do that exercise for you.
My responses likewise in bold. Giving opinions are one thing, but making definitive statements, without a drive or referring to any published test article? You guys are still making conclusions based on guessing.

Enjoying these healthy debates.

........next to a 2015...its Heidi Klum to the 2015's Adele.
ADELE????? more like Kate Upton!!! We'll that's me though. Eyes is to the beholder.

Originally Posted by PaleMelanesian
Same top gear ratio..........Same final drive ratio..........Same tire size..= same rpm at speed.
With a different 130 hp. engine??? As stated above, will make my own conclusions after a TEST DRIVE. What can be more definitive than that????

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 05-16-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers

seriously, this thread is so far off topic, but so entertaining at the same time lol

Old 05-16-2014, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator
[
Originally Posted by Note-ified
seriously, this thread is so far off topic, but so entertaining at the same time lol
That makes 3 of us!!!!!!!!
Total entertainment in my books!!!!

Not far from topic cause I'm agreeing with the inference, that if one finds the Fit (any Fit for that matter) inadequate, buy a FORD FIESTA ST.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 05-16-2014 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
lol I refuse to discuss lousy short 6th gear any more. We got other threads for that around here.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:11 PM
I'm not a car guy. What ever that means to you all

I buy for these reasons only:

1. Reliability

2. Appearance to me.

3. Fair gas mileage.

4. Safety

5. Price

I'm just a driver that goes from here to there.

Some of you are considered "Enthusiast" Good, But............

......Others are down right "Fanatics" going off on tantrum and complain about this economy car.

1. You want luxury interior ? Buy a Mercedes.

2. You want better gearing ? Buy a sports car

3. You want better gas mileage ? Buy a hybrid

4. You want more cargo room ? Buy a RV

Post's from some are just down right silly. I wonder how old you are ??

Old 05-16-2014, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by SR45
1. You want luxury interior..........2. You want better gearing ?.......
3. You want better gas mileage ?.............4. You want more cargo room ?..........
Hola amigo.
What can I say. Words of wisdom from a wise person!!!
To stay on topic kindly allow me to add:
#5. You want a sporty, spaceless, high depreciating sub-compact?............Buy a Ford Fiesta ST.
For those who may think my claims are baseless, test drove the ST last Feb. Loved the seats (standard) and the drive (spirited). Its pretty good but its still a Ford and I need the space. Additionally, since I have identified myself as "cheap", won't take the advanced depreciation that comes with it.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 05-16-2014 at 10:05 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
In terms of styling, I dislike the 2015 Fit. The bugeye headlight look the Fit was known for is now gone. It doesn't LOOK like a Fit anymore but automakers do this all the time, whatever.

However, I still like it's styling over the Fiesta's.

Ford is trying to sway buyers to the power the ST offers with less space. I doubt that current Fit owners who LOVE the space would ever switch to a Fiesta. A lot of times space wins over power for the average car driver.

All in all I think the Fit is more appealing still.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
Except, 25.4 cu ft is the official cargo numbers from Ford. That's for "behind front row," they then add "behind second row" as 14.9 cu ft. It'll be just over 40 cu ft, if by some chance they didn't include the rearmost space with the "behind front" numbers. But if you consider most review sites list it as "Max cargo"... I'm guessing 25.4 is the most you get behind the front row to the hatch.

The 1L EcoBoost is the I-3 version, which offers up to 123 HP... not much more than the current 2nd gen Fit (117) and less than the 3rd gen Fit (130). Not sure if it'll be "all that and a bag of chips." Unless you want to compare the 1.6L EcoBoost I-4... that has 197 hp. How would a Fit with a similarly sized turbo fare?
I test drove the Fiesta with the 1L EcoBoost. Honestly I did not like the low rpm vibration and the sound it makes. I also test drove the NA 1.6L with the PowerShift transmission. I did not like the transmission at low speeds.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitguy07
Ford is trying to sway buyers to the power the ST offers with less space. I doubt that current Fit owners who LOVE the space would ever switch to a Fiesta. A lot of times space wins over power for the average car driver.
This is what got me. I realized that in fact, I didn't need all that space. Just a bit more than the typical small sedan. Definitely my '14 Focus feels a bit tight compared to my '07 Fit. I was in a Fiesta ST for about 30 seconds before I got out.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
With a different 130 hp. engine??? As stated above, will make my own conclusions after a TEST DRIVE. What can be more definitive than that????
Facts for one.

If the 7L 505 bhp V8 from a Corvette Z06 was attached to a gearbox with the same diameter tires, gear ratios and final drive, it would still spin at the same # of rpm at 65 mph as a 117 bhp GE at 65 mph which spins at the same rpm as a 2015 GK with 130 bhp.

Old 05-16-2014, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator
Facts for one...............same rpm as a 2015 GK with 130 bhp.
Dude, that ain't no fact, cause you have'nt DRIVEN the GK to confirm its EXACTLY the same RPM. Only when you do, your statement will FINALLY be credible and 100% believable.

Till then, keep the posts coming cause we are providing tons of entertainment for our fellow FF!!! Its your continual guesstimates vs. my need for an actual TEST DRIVE!!!

What I do like about the Ford Fiesta ST, as mentioned, are those standard seats. Great support with just the right firmness. (Had to stick this in to make sure the forum moderators know we are sticking to the OP)

Old 05-16-2014, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
Dude, that ain't no fact, cause you have'nt DRIVEN the GK to confirm its EXACTLY the same RPM. Only when you do, your statement will FINALLY be credible and 100% believable.

Till then, keep the posts coming cause we are providing tons of entertainment for our fellow FF!!! Its your continual guesstimates vs. my need for an actual TEST DRIVE!!!

What I do like about the Ford Fiesta ST, as mentioned, are those standard seats. Great support with just the right firmness. (Had to stick this in to make sure the forum moderators know we are sticking to the OP)
Dude, seriously. I'm starting to think you're trolling as it is a known fact that gear ratio, final drive and tire size are what determine RPM. Not engine.

Quick Reply: Fit vs Fiesta - hidden Honda page?