3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Fit vs Fiesta - hidden Honda page?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Fit vs Fiesta - hidden Honda page?

Found this honda.com page doing a random search for more EX interior shots. They must be getting close to launching on the website; some of the page items do not appear to be fully finished yet as they are rendering as plan items (i.e. lists)

Honda Fit vs. Ford Fiesta: Compare Small Cars

Old 05-13-2014, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
Nah pretty sure that was posted a long time ago. Honestly that's a sad comparison page, playing with camera angles and all. Fiesta 1.0 turbo EcoTec is a formidable opponent.

Last edited by xorbe; 05-13-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
I was actually trying to search for more photos of the EX interior and that came up, which had a decent shot of it.

Old 05-13-2014, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
That cargo number is laughable for the Fiesta, much more than 25.7, if not quite rivaling the Fit.

1L EcoBoost KILLS anything that the Fit has to offer.

Interior is also a bit nicer on the Fiesta, along with being cheaper.

Old 05-13-2014, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
I caught this page in google results around the beginning of April. Not sure where it's linked to but it was pretty informative.

The Fiesta is too small for me. And it's a Ford... not my type

Old 05-13-2014, 03:00 PM
Yup, saw this over a month ago. Even has comparisons to other vehicle as well. Tried out the Fiesta and my biggest concern was the Automatic-manual transmission and read over 250 posts on the glitches of this transmission. A big no for me. Interior is nice with a better layout than the fits and it comes with a choice of lighter tan interior seats.

Old 05-13-2014, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
Roger that, I've read that the Ford automatic dct is not great.

Old 05-13-2014, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
Because Honda's history with autos is great

Old 05-13-2014, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by Emirii
The Fiesta is too small for me.
Me too. I drove a Fiesta cross-country from LA to Savannah GA. It is MUCH smaller than the Fit on the inside. It's narrower, lower, and not as long. I'm 6'2" and with my driver's seat adjusted for me, I couldn't even climb in the back seat. In the Fit I can sit back there and my knees don't even touch the seat back.

The Fiesta's seats-up cargo space is literally half the size. The floor is higher and the seats don't fold flat, so the space gained from folding is much less as well. I don't know if it's half the Fit's space, but it's definitely no more than 2/3.

I'm only driving a b-class / subcompact car because the Fit is so amazingly big on the inside. Any other car in its class and I'd be shopping the next size up (Mazda3 and Focus, instead of Mazda2 and Fiesta).

I wish Honda had stepped up a little more on mpg, but there's more to it than the numbers suggest. Hondas generally do well compared to their rating, while Ford recently got in trouble for overstating their mpg. I expect the new Fit will hold its own on that front.

Last edited by PaleMelanesian; 05-13-2014 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
That cargo number is laughable for the Fiesta, much more than 25.7, if not quite rivaling the Fit.

except the fact that the back seat is only good for kids and midgets lol

Old 05-13-2014, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Note-ified
except the fact that the back seat is only good for kids and midgets lol
How often do you put four adults in your Versa? And if so, at what point do the adults in the back need to get make sure they're not in a 13 year old Kia based on the interior around them?

Old 05-13-2014, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
Fiesta is a much better car overall in the upper trims (Titanium and ST). The hatch is the way to go, the sedan just looks too goofy. The ST just kills every other mini-hot hatch out there, not like there's any competition at the moment anyways. But still.

I highly dislike how the 1.0L is only available with steelies and complete base trim, though.

Old 05-13-2014, 10:22 PM
How often do you put four adults in your Versa? And if so, at what point do the adults in the back need to get make sure they're not in a 13 year old Kia based on the interior around them?
lol, guess i hit a nerve...look dude, the only reason i brought that up is cause you felt it was neccessary for whatever reason to bash on the Honda Fit and in the end i would rather have a roomy back seat no matter if it's the Fit's or my Note's, than have "upscale" interior fit and finish at the expense of the comfort of the back seat passengers and as far as people that have been in the back seat of my Versa, i have not heard one complaint and more compliments about how much room there is to stretch out in the back, i will admit that it gets to be a tight fit with more than 2 people back there though. Also, the nice parts of the fiesta's interior are in the front only, when you get to the back it turns into all hard plastics just like all the other competitors in it's class. In any case i'm not bashing on the Fiesta as it is a nice car, but you can't just go raising it up on a pedestal as the ultimate subcompact just because it has a few options the competitors dont as they all have their strengths and weaknesses, the Fiesta's weakness just happens to be rear passenger space and less cargo space with the seats up, but in all other areas it's an overall good car and so are the Fit and the Note, just in different ways.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:09 PM

was interested in this so checked some reviews. seems slower, less space, marginally better claimed economy. not having a go at you but what is so good about this car?

this thing yeah?
2014 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost Driven – Review – Car and Driver

Old 05-14-2014, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member
What that Fiesta needs is some LMP speed holes in the back, and some side trim on the doors!

Old 05-14-2014, 03:11 AM
Originally Posted by xorbe
What that Fiesta needs is some LMP speed holes in the back, and some side trim on the doors!

haha that side trim on GK doors is a US thing, not sure who thought that was a good idea (>_<)

Old 05-14-2014, 06:50 AM
5 Year Member

Except, 25.4 cu ft is the official cargo numbers from Ford. That's for "behind front row," they then add "behind second row" as 14.9 cu ft. It'll be just over 40 cu ft, if by some chance they didn't include the rearmost space with the "behind front" numbers. But if you consider most review sites list it as "Max cargo"... I'm guessing 25.4 is the most you get behind the front row to the hatch.

The 1L EcoBoost is the I-3 version, which offers up to 123 HP... not much more than the current 2nd gen Fit (117) and less than the 3rd gen Fit (130). Not sure if it'll be "all that and a bag of chips." Unless you want to compare the 1.6L EcoBoost I-4... that has 197 hp. How would a Fit with a similarly sized turbo fare?

Old 05-14-2014, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
Except, 25.4 cu ft is the official cargo numbers from Ford. That's for "behind front row," they then add "behind second row" as 14.9 cu ft. It'll be just over 40 cu ft, if by some chance they didn't include the rearmost space with the "behind front" numbers. But if you consider most review sites list it as "Max cargo"... I'm guessing 25.4 is the most you get behind the front row to the hatch.

The 1L EcoBoost is the I-3 version, which offers up to 123 HP... not much more than the current 2nd gen Fit (117) and less than the 3rd gen Fit (130). Not sure if it'll be "all that and a bag of chips." Unless you want to compare the 1.6L EcoBoost I-4... that has 197 hp. How would a Fit with a similarly sized turbo fare?
Well, that will never happen because Honda's boring and we can't expect 'Fit enthusiasts' to do anything like that...as we've seen with the GE

The I3 may only offer 123 hp....but apparently you guys have missed the 150 lb/ft of torque on offer at only 2500 RPM.

That may or may not be hugely more than even the horrible styling failure known as the GK.

I've been considering a Fiesta as a replacement for my GD, the rear space is smaller than a GD/GE however, its not half. So the 25ish just seems low.

Old 05-14-2014, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
Well, that will never happen because Honda's boring and we can't expect 'Fit enthusiasts' to do anything like that...as we've seen with the GE
Originally Posted by Goobers' signature
'10 SSM Sport MT SC
I won't make claim to whether Honda will offer it (or the like) or not in the future... that's just folly to assume anything in anyone other than myself. And even in the case of myself... things change, who knows. I used to say I wouldn't do turbo/superchargers, let alone install one... yet, here I am.

The I3 may only offer 123 hp....but apparently you guys have missed the 150 lb/ft of torque on offer at only 2500 RPM.
What 150? It's 125. 2014 Ford Fiesta | View Full Engine Specifications | Ford.com. Wikipedia has the part that says it can make 148 at "overboost," and with a bit of googling, seems to be a temporary thing (10-30 seconds depending on source article), that you have to push a button for. Not sure how much I like it, if I'm driving and don't have time to think about a button when I need to do something quickly.

That may or may not be hugely more than even the horrible styling failure known as the GK.
Styling is purely subjective. And subject to opinions. You know the saying about opinions and assholes? Everybody's got one.

And to chime in my assh... I mean, opinion... so far, the only thing I dislike about the 2015 Fit is the tail lights. The headlights, I like, even if simply because they aren't freaking huge like the GD/GE bug eyes. Everything else... I'm just okay with (so far).

I've been considering a Fiesta as a replacement for my GD, the rear space is smaller than a GD/GE however, its not half. So the 25ish just seems low.
I can't tell you anything about what it "seems" like... only what their official numbers are.

Having seen the way cargo area and folding rear seats are done in various hatches/SUVs... all I can say is, a non-flat folding rear seat is a pain in the ass (I used to drive a Ford hatch some 2 decades ago). That alone would make me disregard cargo numbers.

Heck, the Fit's "flat" folding isn't quite as flat as I would like. And it seems the only remedies are the "magic" board they offer or make one yourself to raise the rear portion until it's level with the folded seats.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member
Mike410 is correct across the board! If you get a Fiesta ST I will be green with envy! I saw a yellow ST in Montreal and it is to die for. However, since I like owning cars for a long time, I dunno how I'd feel about owning a Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily)!

Goobers is right that style is subjective... except in the case of the GK. Anyone with a pair of eyes can see that it looks like the bastard child of a football and a wheel barrow. I was kinda jealous when I read of all the nice improvements for the new Fit... Until I saw it! USDM is even uglier with it's messed up front fascia.

There's just no contest between the Fit and the Fiesta ST except that the latter is considerably more expensive and doesn't have the great versatility of the magic seats. I think the ST has Recaro seats too... Quite the car! I do think it runs on premium fuel though.

At its price point, Fit is still king!

Quick Reply: Fit vs Fiesta - hidden Honda page?