3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Complaint to Honda: EX 6MT with Navi Option

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
Complaint to Honda: EX 6MT with Navi Option

Hi all,

I'm in the market to replace my current car with a new Fit and was pretty devastated to learn that I cannot get a EX 6MT with navi.

Turns out, if you send a message on facebook to the official Honda page, they reply to you thanking you for your feedback. So i think this probably gets read.. i hope.

If you're in the same boat, feel free to send them your complaint

Old 05-16-2014, 11:16 PM
No Honda model with m/t can get navi other than TL SH-AWD 6spd and maybe Accord v6 6spd. They just wouldn't sell enough. Even those 2 cars only sell 10%.

Old 05-16-2014, 11:32 PM
You can order it with the navi. I had the option of ordering a base fit with manual and navi back when I was looking for my fit. Dealerships have their ways.

Be prepared to spend more though lol

Old 05-17-2014, 12:16 AM
Think what he means is no manual EX-L. Leather, heated seats, navi, and mirrior turn signals.

Navi is just a matter of installing the sofware on any ex model.

The japanese fit has lots of combinations. No reason why we cant get it unless they are holding out for fit hybrid.

Old 05-17-2014, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
You might be able to custom order it when the Honda website updates with the build-a-fit thing. But til then, who knows?

And they won't make them stock because like someone else said, they just won't sell.

Old 05-17-2014, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
A Pioneer head unit sounds like a good answer to that problem.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:31 AM
I'm not quite sure why anyone would want Nav these days when we all have iPhones (I know a few people might have Androids) in our pockets. I'm getting a ProClip mount anyway. I specifically wanted a Fit without Nav.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by Andrew Briscoe
I'm not quite sure why anyone would want Nav these days when we all have iPhones (I know a few people might have Androids) in our pockets. I'm getting a ProClip mount anyway. I specifically wanted a Fit without Nav.
The Honda rep I was with yesterday said that the Android app will be out soon ($59). My concern with using the smartphone app would be the data usage. I haven't been able to find any good info on how much Google Maps uses.

Old 05-17-2014, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Andrew Briscoe
Speaking as one who does a ton of driving for business, Google Maps is rubbish, especially in rural areas. Give me a Garmin and a laptop with MS Streets & Trips any day of the week.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TofuShop
Hi all,

I'm in the market to replace my current car with a new Fit and was pretty devastated to learn that I cannot get a EX 6MT with navi.
Some people just want the full package w/ the MT transmission from Honda straight.... just like the OP I was one of them also, heck if I was buying now I'd still be one of them... Luckily I bought/ordered/put deposit my GE8 in 08 (received in Jan 09), iirc only the 09's and the 2010's had the ability to be bought as Sport Navi's w/MT. After that, it's only been AT with the Sport Navi package (similar to EX Navi but without the new added features ie. leather, heated, moonroof, etc).

I thought if I was in the market for a new car what would I do.... and reluctantly I'd get the highest trim MT, and would have to get an aftermarket Navi, or even moonroof, leather, heated seats, etc, etc... what ever else you wanted to add.

Come to think of it I kinda did the same with the GE8 Navi... got the Navi, steering wheel audio controls & VSA with the MT package straight from Honda... leather seats weren't available from Honda so I got the Clazzio's w/the leather insterts, moonroof wasn't available from Honda so I got my own aftermarket... same thing with the auto-fold side mirrors w/LED winkers, switchblade key, JDM LED tails, and a few other options... I just added them on myself... but I would've paid for the options from Honda if they were available.

Hopefully enough complain to add it to the line up, especially since they're being built in Mexico so less cost to import.