3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Updates in bold above!.....
Like the detailed updates. Ya deserve mine in return.
For father's day my 4 sons chipped in for a $1k gift certificate from Amazon to get anything I want. They have convinced me to upgrade the sound system (that's without me even hearing the stock unit yet). Am thinking they want to drive the GK when their home for the holidays!!

They know that I'm the consumate DIY'er so here's the order I placed yesterday after a week of getting their advise plus another FF GE owner who is a professional installer:
- Polk DB6501 (two sets)
- Kenwood KSC-SW11 8" powered sub.
- Kenwood Excelon XR400-4 channel amp.
- Scosche SLC4
- 50 ft. of oxegen-free speaker wire 16 g.
- T-Spec install kit
- Dynamat Extreme (bulk)
- MLV (40 sq. ft.)
- Ensolite CCF

With this and all the other toys on hand, am going take a well-deserved "week-off" work in Aug. to do a slow and careful install. My wheels should be ready to kick of the start of the NFL season with flying colors.

Originally Posted by chazmr
......getting commissions from the Accessory stores!.......evil conspiracy to separate us cheap folks from our money. Either way, it's working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And you know who you are.!!!!!!
Your talking about el'cheapo me!!! Car hasn't even landed yet and already $K's out the door!!!

The commissions are going to all our fellow GD and GE owners who have done great work on their rides. Its a constant reminder to me how frugal my original mindset was. How in the hell was I able to live with my GD for 7 years without ever thinking of one toy is a testament to my close-mindedness.

The evil conspiracy is borne from this forum. Too many members here with bright, useful ideas which they share and put into reality. Have been sucked into this mode. However, this excessive financial outflow will have to stop at some point!!!

Come on man, just close your eyes, bite the bullet and do what you think will enhance our pride of ownership and driving experience. I did, but will be paying for it over the next decade!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 07-06-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:30 PM
I was dead set on a BMW 320i. I think the Fit is hideous and I come to it reluctantly, but after research I've decided that with the Fit I still create a somewhat premium experience with better fuel economy and much lower cost of ownership for about half the price. As a meticulous minimalist, I want a refined, simple look that whispers class, rather than a flashy ricer look. I've been researching this car all weekend and here's what I've come up with so far:

2016 White EX 6MT...

- Upgrade the sound system (Willing to drop $1000 into this, I don't need anything fancy but at least good sound is a must. EDIT: if anyone has suggestions for things to consider in terms of upgrading the sound, specifically as it pertains to the GK Fit, then that would be amazingly helpful, as this is at the top of my list of necessary mods but I don't really know anything about modifying car audio, no less modifying the GK Fit audio specifically.)
- Black leather aftermarket seats (if dealer-vendors don't have that figured out by late next year, then I'll reluctantly get Clazzio leather seat covers)
- 18" blacked out wheels with machined lip (I don't know anything about wheels, so I'd be willing to drop down to 17" if I learned that was a better idea)
- Max tint for Washington state
- If it doesn't come with Android Auto, then I'll find the least-offensive way to put Google's latest Nexus tablet onto the dash.

Yes, I'll post videos and pictures every step along the way. Gonna be tough lurking the forums as I wait for a whole year to get started!

Last edited by newhere; 07-06-2014 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
I don't have any desire for, in my mind, pointless body kits, or a more powerful audio system.

I'm more along the lines of practical upgrades. At some point I plan on getting a GoPro for a dash cam.

I guess that doesn't really leave much for people like me, does it.

Old 07-06-2014, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Raziaar
I don't have any desire for, in my mind, pointless body kits, or a more powerful audio system.

I'm more along the lines of practical upgrades. At some point I plan on getting a GoPro for a dash cam.

I guess that doesn't really leave much for people like me, does it.
Hey, everybody has different needs and wants. Like you, I'll be fine with the stock audio system and I'm not looking for body kits or different wheels or tires. My accessories will be more along the lines of tint, window visors, better floor mats, cargo tray, etc. Things that will make it more practical/useful for us. But the beautiful thing is that everybody can personalize their fit to "fit" them!

Old 07-06-2014, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Like the detailed updates. Ya deserve mine in return.
For father's day my 4 sons chipped in for a $1k gift certificate from Amazon to get anything I want.
OMG! That is awesome!

Old 07-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Mugen err thang
Volk wheels
Supercharger

Old 07-08-2014, 02:50 PM
5 Year Member
Who makes a supercharger for these?

Old 07-08-2014, 04:46 PM
A virtual cookie for anyone who knows how to disassemble the front dome light, or knows where the dome light plugs in down by the fuses.

Old 07-08-2014, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
OMG! That is awesome!
Comrade, you and I both know anything that's a freebie is 100% awesome.

Originally Posted by Trinzler
Mugen err thang....Volk wheels...Supercharger
Originally Posted by Ex-MA Hole
Who makes a supercharger for these?
Boys, please. Mugen skirts, Expensive wheels, more hp toys??? What are you doing to us??? Have already entered a money sucking pit and its now looking bottomless!!!
Gotta keep those ideas coming. With a new model its always a slow start but the trendsetting younger FF's mod crowd seem to set the path, eventually!!!

Old 07-12-2014, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator
Another Source for OEM Parts - Oklahoma!!!!

If your local dealer is charging you retail for OEM GK accessories, here's another alternative - Cannon Honda in Ponca City,OK 74601. 1-888-247-0782

Did my buy with April who really knows her Honda parts.

Prices are in line with the lowest online from others. Here's a list of what I got:
OEM Door Visors $98
OEM REar Bumper Applique $43
OEM Door Edge Film $28
All-season mats $102
Cargo Net $ 33
OEM Cargo Liner $128
OEM Nose Mask $121

Her strength is charging you actual shipping and combining multiple items into as few boxes as possible. In my case 2 boxes. My total shipping cost was $47.50 via Fedex to Wa. State. (a family member will arrange final delivery to HI. for free).
If only USPS had Priority boxes big enough!!!

And the buying spree continues!!!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 07-12-2014 at 05:34 AM.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:38 AM
5 Year Member
Dont forget that you will need this Tie-down Hooks for fit the cargo net in Fit 2015.
See install instructions.

Tie-Down Hooks - 08L96-T5A-100A: College Hills Honda

Old 07-12-2014, 01:06 PM
Has anyone bought and installed the cargo cover yet? I'd really like to know your opinion of it (easy to install, quality, easy to take out if needed, etc) I kind of feel it's a necessary thing for this car, especially since I tend to haul a bunch of stuff in the cargo area.

I stopped by Bernardi Honda last week, and the guy in the parts department was super helpful, but they didn't have the cargo cover or tray in stock. Plus, he quoted me the price that I'd have to pay if I bought them there (almost $700!), but he told me it would be much cheaper to buy either from the Bernardi parts website or to be sure to shop around. I really appreciated his honesty on that.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xStitchx
Has anyone bought and installed the cargo cover yet? I'd really like to know your opinion of it (easy to install, quality, easy to take out if needed, etc) I kind of feel it's a necessary thing for this car, especially since I tend to haul a bunch of stuff in the cargo area.

I stopped by Bernardi Honda last week, and the guy in the parts department was super helpful, but they didn't have the cargo cover or tray in stock. Plus, he quoted me the price that I'd have to pay if I bought them there (almost $700!), but he told me it would be much cheaper to buy either from the Bernardi parts website or to be sure to shop around. I really appreciated his honesty on that.
I'm wondering the same thing about the cargo cover. I'm going to wait until I get the windows tinted (after I actually get the car of course) to see how visible is the cargo area. I'm hoping the cover isn't necessary but I'm not sure I can tint dark enough to get by without it.

And I'm expecting that one of the downsides of buying a brand new model vehicle is that proper fitting accessories are going to be in short supply for a few months. I've started a list, but some items I may not be able to purchase for some time.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:00 PM
Thumbs up

If your local dealer is charging you retail for OEM GK accessories, here's another alternative - Cannon Honda in Ponca City,OK 74601. 1-888-247-0782

Prices are in line with the lowest online from others. Here's a list of what I got:
OEM Door Visors $98
OEM Door Edge Film $28
All-season mats $102
Cargo Net $ 33
OEM Cargo Liner $128
OEM Nose Mask $121

Her strength is charging you actual shipping and combining multiple items into as few boxes as possible. In my case 2 boxes. My total shipping cost was $47.50 via Fedex to Wa. State. (a family member will arrange final delivery to HI. for free).

Sounds like a great list! I wasn't sure if the OEM stuff was made yet for the 2015 Honda Fit!

Old 07-13-2014, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chazmr
I'm wondering the same thing about the cargo cover. I'm going to wait until I get the windows tinted (after I actually get the car of course) to see how visible is the cargo area. I'm hoping the cover isn't necessary but I'm not sure I can tint dark enough to get by without it.
I have 20% tint in my 09 Fit and ever since I did that, I haven't used my cargo cover once. On a sunny day, you can see into the back, but you have to be right up on the window.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator
Euro Honda JAZZ

Get a load of the Euro Fit version (JAZZ). These pics are much clearer. This is confirmation of where to install my rear park sensors.
All-New Honda Jazz Spotted in Europe for the First Time - Photo #1

Now am thinking - front sensors??? Naw, that's pushing it.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:54 AM
Can you please give me info on where you bought your OEM items?

OEM Door Visors $98
OEM Door Edge Film $28
All-season mats $102
Cargo Net $ 33
OEM Cargo Liner $128
OEM Nose Mask $121

Could you please send me the website for April? I'm interested in some of this after market stuff for the Honda Fit EX. Thanks.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by JFit123
Could you please send me the website for April? ...........
Actually, first saw Cannon Honda on Ebay. Decided to contact them directly cause my order covered multiple items and wanted to get the best deal possible with combined shipping.

Call April directly. 1-888-247-0782

There is no commitment until you finally decide. She does not pressure anyone (at least she didn't in my case).

Good luck and happy shopping!!!

Old 07-13-2014, 12:41 PM
I already have the tint done, rear applique, door trim, splash guards, door edge and door handle crevice film and paint protector. They also did interior protector as well as a part of that package. The paint protector was an absolute must as our neighbor's tree that hangs over our driveway spits sap on our two white vehicles every night. They both look like they have pin pricks and bleed a little. The paint protector is guaranteed for 7 years! We don't plan on being in this house that long but good to know that it IS protected. A worthwhile purchase even if it was $700. Also I took the cargo tray out of my 2011 and it was a tight squeeze. The little flaps that go out by the doors don't fit quite right, but I was willing to overlook it. I'm not sure what else we'll do, but if they come out with a decent armrest, I'm buying that! Also want to replace the driver side rear view mirror that doesn't have that horrible attempt at convex view. I was thinking maybe window visors at some point.

Name:  20140710_082349_zpsyaqsogan.jpg
Views: 5503
Size:  67.5 KB

Old 07-13-2014, 12:53 PM
Talking Thanks ROTTBOY!

Actually, first saw Cannon Honda on Ebay. Decided to contact them directly cause my order covered multiple items and wanted to get the best deal possible with combined shipping.

Call April directly. 1-888-247-0782

There is no commitment until you finally decide. She does not pressure anyone (at least she didn't in my case).

Good luck and happy shopping!!!
Thanks! I did a test drive with a Fit 2015 EX-L with Navi, but I really want the EX without the leather and without the navi in Aegean Blue. They say it will be mid-August by the earliest. They only have 1 Fit on the lot. I'm trying to see if there are any others in the area. So in the meantime, I'm looking at accessories. LOL!

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK