3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Bigbadvoodooguru
A virtual cookie for anyone who knows how to disassemble the front dome light, or knows where the dome light plugs in down by the fuses.
Name:  mCtQTqX.gif
Views: 154
Size:  1.99 MB

it's mine now

Old 07-19-2014, 07:23 AM
5 Year Member
I love the look with both the cargo tray and cover, however, I also am getting darker Tint, which will not only prevent prying eyes from seeing what is in the back of the car, but help reduce the heat factor in the summer, so I will pass on the Cargo Cover. Besides, it seems like the cover is reverting the "hatchback" concept to more of a car trunk. When my daughter takes or brings all her stuff back and forth to school in the fall, I don't think the cover will fit anyway. In fact, it may impede her being able to load large trunks and boxes in the back.

I am much more inclined to get the cargo liner, that not only covers the floor, but the backs of the seats as well (and the sides of the wheel wells), with a soft vinyl material that will still cover the entire floor when the back seats are lowered. The liner is also split, so you can utilize it if only one of the two back seats is lowered. It also has something of a "tail", which provides a protective flap for the back edge and bumper, so you can set things down on the edge without damaging or scratching the paint (an alternative to the rear applique) . While I don't think it will have the crisp look of the cargo tray, for those who anticipate loading cargo in the back with the seats down, it serves a much better purpose. If nothing else, it will help keep both the entire back floor and sides clean.

I also plan on getting the Wheel locks, mud flaps and all weather floor mats. I have not decided yet on the body side molding, but I suspect I will get it before all is done. The only other option I am debating is the remote start. It seems to be not only a real convenience item on cold or hot days, but perhaps a nice security feature for my daughter, as she heads out to her car in the parking lot, that is already running. I can imagine some guy hanging out in a parking lot for his victims, when all of a sudden the car, with dark tinted windows, suddenly starts. He has no way of knowing if anyone else is in the car, and must assume there is.

Anyway, the passion berry pearl paint color is wonderful. In the sun it sparkles and in the shade it darkens. Purple is my daughters favorite color, so she is very happy.

Last edited by Vanguard; 07-19-2014 at 07:31 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 07-19-2014, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Vanguard
......more inclined to get the cargo liner......help keep both the entire back floor and sides clean.......plan on getting the Wheel locks, mud flaps and all weather floor mats...................Purple is my daughters favorite color, so she is very happy..................
Congrats on the new wheels.

Likewise settled on that OEM liner. Although my dogs enjoyed the rear seat (flipped up) area in my previous GD (used old blankets). But, if I had loads too haul that liner would prove to be more useful.

All weather mats is a "must". Suggest getting OEM at around $100 from Ebay shipped. That Fit embossed "logo" is a nice touch.

Wish I had daughters to "spoil". Find PBP such a classy looking color.

Happy shopping and post pics!!

Old 07-19-2014, 11:59 AM
Vanguard, so nice to meet another PBP owner! Congrats to you and your daughter.

I agree, that a cargo cover may not be ideal for your daughter if she's hauling things to and from her dorm. I will note though, it is as easy as lifting it off the pegs and taking the straps off the hooks to remove. It literally takes seconds. Also, if you're getting tint, it may not even be necessary. I'm not getting tint, so it was a necessary item for me in that sense.

Also, yes! The cargo liner is much nicer than the cargo mat, and will provide much better protection. I may eventually get the liner as well, but the cargo mat was needed immediately to protect the lining in the cargo area from getting soiled or damaged, as I haul lots of things daily.

Last but not least, lets see some photos of your PBP!

Old 07-20-2014, 09:25 AM
5 Year Member
So far on White LX have only added OEM "splash guards" (mud flaps) and OEM all weather floor mats which FIT perfectly.

Would love to see pics of the wheels some of you have picked out ... also would love to see pics of ROTTBOY's gear and VTECH stickers ... he's really put a lot of thought into this!

(Dealer charge was $75 to install, non negotiable ... for friggin floor matts! The young salesperson tried to tell me I could void the manufacturers warranty if I installed myself .... FLOOR MATTS!!??? Momma didn't raise no fool! purchased and installed myself)

Old 07-20-2014, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by cheesewhiz
.......added OEM "splash guards" (mud flaps) and OEM all weather floor mats which FIT perfectly.........pics of ROTTBOY's gear... ....$75 to install,.... floor matts!......void the manufacturers warranty.........
Ya got the right stuff for the LX. Other than that it really doesn't need anything else. Floormats is a real must to protect the flimsy carpet we're all gonna get, even in the EX's.

Pics? I owe this forum at least that. Should be posted by the last week in Aug. after a 1 or 2 week tear-down and install. Will definitely post "before" and "after" results. BTW, I don't get the credit for planning. Have to give it to all the GD and GE modders on this forum. They changed my mindset which has continued to deplete my cash reserves!!!

As for salespersons in general, they're all earning a living. With the current window of opportunity they have - the GK being a popular newly introduced model, they know they can make their own ways of increasing their commissions. Can't really blame them cause in a few more months when inventory clutters their lots, the attitude will change dramatically. For now, its up to us to recognize and control this "greed" in a courteous and respectable manner. Just say "NO" politely. Good for you CWhiz!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 07-20-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Ya got the right stuff for the LX. Other than that it really doesn't need anything else. Floormats is a real must to protect the flimsy carpet we're all gonna get, even in the EX's.

Pics? I owe this forum at least that. Should be posted by the last week in Aug. after a 1 or 2 week tear-down and install. Will definitely post "before" and "after" results. BTW, I don't get the credit for planning. Have to give it to all the GD and GE modders on this forum. They changed my mindset which has continued to deplete my cash reserves!!!

As for salespersons in general, they're all earning a living. With the current window of opportunity they have - the GK being a popular newly introduced model, they know they can make their own ways of increasing their commissions. Can't really blame them cause in a few more months when inventory clutters their lots, the attitude will change dramatically. For now, its up to us to recognize and control this "greed" in a courteous and respectable manner. Just say "NO" politely. Good for you CWhiz!!!
My head is reeling after reading this thread about all the mods! Will look into the cargo LINER and see how it functions: don't want to lose any of the magic-seat flexibility. I, unfortunately, must wait and save $$ for the nice wheels and tires. Also would really love to add the fog lamps ... MUGEN upgrades are off the hook! Where did you purchase the V-Tech stickers and which paint for the brake calipers? those are both inexpensive but "trick" upgrades!

Old 07-20-2014, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator
......look into the cargo LINER and see how it functions:......V-Tech stickers and which paint for the brake calipers.
Cargo liner. Mine is now on route re-shipped from from WA. Should be arriving by next week. If you can hold off will let the forum know what I think of the quality. At $128, it better be decent.

V-tech sticker from Ebay. 2 X I-VTEC DOHC 9" X 2" VINYL DECAL STICKER STICKERS HONDA JDM USA Qty: 1 $3.00 Free ship SELLER: sfcustomdecals
Don't get fooled by the low price. This is like OEM quality.

Brake caliper:
Paint. From Amazon. Dupli-Color BCP100 Red Brake Caliper Aerosol - 12 oz. $9.11
Heat resistant Sticker. From Ebay. Honda Brake Caliper Decals 6pc stickers Gloss White $8.00 Free Ship SELLER: portabuddy

Happy shopping!!!

Old 07-20-2014, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info!!

Old 07-20-2014, 10:55 AM
Honda floor mats, pin strips and rear bumper appliqué . That's it. The car is a kid hauler

Old 07-20-2014, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member
(Dealer charge was $75 to install, non negotiable ... for friggin floor matts! The young salesperson tried to tell me I could void the manufacturers warranty if I installed myself .... FLOOR MATTS!!??? Momma didn't raise no fool! purchased and installed myself)
Installing floor mats can be quite tricky. If not done right, they could be set in a way to mistakenly cause the gas pedal to be pushed down further than it's stock position, making for unintended acceleration. Also, if installed underneath the break pedal, it could prevent the brake pedal from fully being depressed and cause a crash because you will be unable to stop. Both of these voids the warranty.

The sides of the carpet could cause a trip hazard to you if it is not properly flush against the floor. There has been at least two deaths from people tripping over car carpeting. One by a person's gun going off after landing on it without the safety on. Another when a guy was holding a knife and he was retrieving an item on the passenger seat, from the driver's side. Had their carpets been safely installed, they would still be alive today.

Sooo....how did I do?

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 07-20-2014 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Installing floor mats......If not done right.........voids the warranty.......Sooo....how did I do?
Once again, the perfect analogy!!! With the humerous examples, how can we not take note??? Ya did good - as usual!!!!

Old 07-20-2014, 02:08 PM
The gks are turning our quite nice! We need more pics!

Old 07-21-2014, 11:14 AM
Question on Powered sub.

Already got:
- Ultragauge
- reverse park sensor kit (Ebay) w/ LED/beep display
- i-vtec DOHC stickers
- Front grill JDM emblem (still can't find the right size for the rear)
- F & R JDM RS emblems
- non-OEM Wheel locks
- LED bulbs for the interior
- 16" alloys (Enkei w/ 185/55x16 Kumho PA31 tires placed order 6/14 finally arrvd. 6/28)
- OEM Door visors, rear applique, Nose mask, cargo liner, Door Edge film, Cargo net, All-season mats
- OEM JDM rear LED upper piping tail-lights (as in JDM GK Hybrid)
- Blox 6 Spd. Shift knob
Stereo upgrade parts:
- Polk DB6501 (two sets) - Kenwood KSC-SW11 8" powered sub - Kenwood Excelon XR400-4 channel amp.
- Audison BIT TEN D Processor - 100 ft. of oxygen-free speaker wire 16 g. - T-Spec install kit - Dynamat Extreme (bulk) - MLV (40 sq. ft.) - Ensolite foam

Will paint the front calipers and ordered heat-resistant stickers:
link: Honda Accord Brake Caliper Decals 6pc Stickers 2013

Other items:
- retrofit aftermarket perimeter entry + OEM push/start
- Genuine Leather steering wheel cover
- 20% tint rear door windows & hatch glass (Huper Ceramic)
- not to foget. Yes, I am putting a hawaiian dancing cupie doll on the dash!!!

7 years and never bought any toys for my GD. Joined FF last March and now, have gone overboard with plans for add-ons. This forum is just "BAD". Thanks a lot, everybody here!!!

What are you planning on???
Hey OP,

That is a very cool set up you have there!!

Quick question on that Kenwood KSC-SW11 8" powered sub. How does that one sound? Does the Honda fit display audio head unit have a built in sub/RCA out? Where did you mount it in the car?

I am asking because I was thinking of putting the same sub in my new PBP EX-L, but I have never done an install myself and am worried about messing things up.

If you have any pics of the setup that would be awesome to see as well.

Thanks again!

Old 07-21-2014, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Best Deception
.......question on that Kenwood KSC-SW11 8" powered sub..... display audio head unit have a built in sub/RCA out? Where did you mount it in the car?.......pics of the setup.......
Unfortunately, my bloody LX has not yet been delivered. On the bright side, should be getting it by early Aug.

Can't tell you how the Kenwood sub sounds but the reviews seem decent. It will never duplicate twin Rockford 10" but then again, my music is sorta Frank Sinatra.

The objectives in choosing the audio components where limited by space requirements. Didn't want to use anything in the boot area as I do haul stuff from time to time. Needed components with small footprints. The ones chosen will fit nicely in the "wall" under the magic seat area. The Kenwood amp, Kenwood sub and Audison will be placed there. Forget about mounting under the front seats - gas tank is there.

Assuming that the HU will not have any RCA outputs. Will use a secondary harness (so as too keep the original in place), to wire the F&R speaker wires to the Audison. If RCA outputs are present, that will be a super plus.

Am hoping to get the cleanest sound possible. Got spoiled listening to the wife's Mark Levinson in her Lexus RX.

Will definitely post pics of the before and after for all the projects planned. Can't wait, but the Fit will be down for at least a week. If you can wait, will gladly be the forum's guinea-pig for the GK ICE upgrade.

Congrats!!! Post pics of your new Fit!!!!

Old 07-21-2014, 11:51 AM
Thanks!

Thanks for all the info! I am going to be stopping at a Custom Radio place on the way home today to get a quote for a professional installation/see if they have worked on one of these before.

I look forward to seeing your progress once you get your fit!

I only have one pic so far, but I will definitely upload some more!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4E...it?usp=sharing

Unfortunately, my bloody LX has not yet been delivered. On the bright side, should be getting it by early Aug.

Can't tell you how the Kenwood sub sounds but the reviews seem decent. It will never duplicate twin Rockford 10" but then again, my music is sorta Frank Sinatra.

The objectives in choosing the audio components where limited by space requirements. Didn't want to use anything in the boot area as I do haul stuff from time to time. Needed components with small footprints. The ones chosen will fit nicely in the "wall" under the magic seat area. The Kenwood amp, Kenwood sub and Audison will be placed there. Forget about mounting under the front seats - gas tank is there.

Assuming that the HU will not have any RCA outputs. Will use a secondary harness (so as too keep the original in place), to wire the F&R speaker wires to the Audison. If RCA outputs are present, that will be a super plus.

Am hoping to get the cleanest sound possible. Got spoiled listening to the wife's Mark Levinson in her Lexus RX.

Will definitely post pics of the before and after for all the projects planned. Can't wait, but the Fit will be down for at least a week. If you can wait, will gladly be the forum's guinea-pig for the GK ICE upgrade.

Congrats!!! Post pics of your new Fit!!!!

Old 07-21-2014, 03:35 PM
Someone else here mentioned that they made a cargo liner from plastic carpet runners from Home Depot. I bought a 4 ft section today, and cutting and installation was all of 10 minutes. I didn't do the seat backs like he did, just the floor. The runner is exactly 27 inches wide, the same as the cargo floor. A 4 ft section just needs a little trimming around the bends. Some chalk and a pair of scissors did that. Perfect fit, looks like it was from the factory, and cost $8 including tax. A whole lot cheaper than the way over $100 factory floor cover. Now I have beer money left over.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:25 PM
Installing floor mats can be quite tricky. If not done right, they could be set in a way to mistakenly cause the gas pedal to be pushed down further than it's stock position, making for unintended acceleration. Also, if installed underneath the break pedal, it could prevent the brake pedal from fully being depressed and cause a crash because you will be unable to stop. Both of these voids the warranty.

The sides of the carpet could cause a trip hazard to you if it is not properly flush against the floor. There has been at least two deaths from people tripping over car carpeting. One by a person's gun going off after landing on it without the safety on. Another when a guy was holding a knife and he was retrieving an item on the passenger seat, from the driver's side. Had their carpets been safely installed, they would still be alive today.

Sooo....how did I do?
From Rustler's Rhapsody:

Rex O'Herlihan: You're not a good guy at all!
Bob Barber: I'm a lawyer, you idiot!

Old 07-21-2014, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Rott .... just bought the Duplicolor Caliper Paint and did it right. Thought you might be interested in checking out the pics in my folder "CALIPER Paint" ... you gave me the idea!
Unfortunately don't have the $$ for new wheels and tires as I forked over for the car instead. Wheels and tires down the road.

If you choose to do this yourself buy some cheap artist brushes for the detail ... the brush supplied is an acid brush with no precision ... you'll make a mess!

Old 07-21-2014, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member

Sooo....how did I do?

Dear Lord .... it's not rocket surgery ...... It's floor mats. If installed incorrectly perhaps it's time for a walker ... or a bib .... depends undergarment? .... just kidding! It's imoprtant to pay attention to the correct placement of the mats. MY salesperson had it backwards which could have resulted in the scenario you're describing. That's why I took them home and installed myself. Who Hired him?

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK