3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 12:54 PM
Also, as soon as there is an immobilizer that we know works in our fit, we'll be installing our remote start that we took our of our 2011 fit. I love that feature so much!

Old 07-13-2014, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
I have 20% tint in my 09 Fit and ever since I did that, I haven't used my cargo cover once. On a sunny day, you can see into the back, but you have to be right up on the window.
Ah, thanks for this perspective! I live in New England, so tint isn't really necessary for me, or I'd go that route. I guess I'll need to bite the bullet and order the cargo cover.

Old 07-13-2014, 02:33 PM
New accessories will hopefully be on their way to me soon!

I just ordered the cargo cover, cargo tray, and the all weather mats from Bernardi Honda. I wish that I could have just gotten the instant gratification of buying the accessories from a dealer, but none seem to have anything in stock yet, and if they do, their prices, if bought directly from the dealer are marked up significantly. Even Bernardi admits that and guided me to by from the website vs. the actual parts counter at the dealership. Plus, they will price match. For those reasons, that is why they got my sale, and I did shop around other dealers in the area.

As an aside, I did try to get the dealer from which I bought my car to throw in at least either the cargo cover or all weather mats. Let me just say, you would have thought that I asked them for 100 bars of pure gold, not a couple hundred bucks worth of accessories.

Old 07-13-2014, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JFit123
. . . They say it will be mid-August by the earliest. They only have 1 Fit on the lot. I'm trying to see if there are any others in the area. So in the meantime, I'm looking at accessories. LOL!
We're in the just about the same boat you are. We've put down a deposit, on a white EX and they "think" it will be here by the end of July, but so far they don't have an actual ETA from Honda. So I'm looking at accessories.

The longer I have to wait to get he car, the longer the accessory list is growing!

Old 07-13-2014, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
I have 20% tint in my 09 Fit and ever since I did that, I haven't used my cargo cover once. On a sunny day, you can see into the back, but you have to be right up on the window.
Perfect. I was leaning towards 35% on the front side windows and 20% on the back side and rear hatch so hopefully we'll get the same effect. Thanks!

Old 07-14-2014, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kelly Stewart
I already have the tint done, rear applique, door trim, splash guards, door edge and door handle crevice film and paint protector. They also did interior protector as well as a part of that package. The paint protector was an absolute must as our neighbor's tree that hangs over our driveway spits sap on our two white vehicles every night. They both look like they have pin pricks and bleed a little. The paint protector is guaranteed for 7 years! We don't plan on being in this house that long but good to know that it IS protected. A worthwhile purchase even if it was $700. Also I took the cargo tray out of my 2011 and it was a tight squeeze. The little flaps that go out by the doors don't fit quite right, but I was willing to overlook it. I'm not sure what else we'll do, but if they come out with a decent armrest, I'm buying that! Also want to replace the driver side rear view mirror that doesn't have that horrible attempt at convex view. I was thinking maybe window visors at some point.

Claybar + a claybar lube or quick detail spray will get rid of that tree sap in a second and will not marr or scratch the paint.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:13 AM
Super Moderator
Stereo and sound deadening stuff has arrived. What isn't here is my damn LX!!! For all I know the bloody ship sank and its on the bottom of the Pacific!!!!

Nah, just kidding. Dealership mgt. informed me its close to the docks and I should be a proud owner in Aug.

Am taking a week off 2nd or 3rd week then to do the install. Hope I don't ruin my GK!!!!
Stereo Stuff
Name:  StereoforFitJuly142014_zpsdf1a713c.jpg
Views: 2886
Size:  47.4 KB

MLV
Name:  MLVforFitJuly142014_zpsf8df6e44.jpg
Views: 2963
Size:  41.1 KB

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 07-15-2014 at 06:32 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Stereo and soundening stuff has arrived. What isn't here is my damn LX!!! For all I know the bloody ship sank and its on the bottom of the Pacific!!!!

This had me laughing this morning. Thanks!

I feel the same way though. The closest dealership I have been dealing with gave me a sob story yesterday about how they can't get any LX's for some reason. I believe them because I have been watching Cars.com. I'll be taking back my two week deposit today and will have to travel on my next day off to get the one I want unfortunately.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:49 PM
What did you add to your 15 FIT the first month of ownership?

Thought I would start a thread for new 15 FIT owners to list what accessories or mods they have added since taking delivery during their first month or so...

So far I have added the following to my EXL-
XM Roadie- easy install, sounds great!
35% window tint all windows except front
XPEL clear bra paint protection on front bumper,
fenders, full hood, headlights, both mirrors
Honda OEM sunroof tinted visor
Honda OEM rear cargo mat
Honda OEM wheel locks
Heat shield front w/s shade.

Future add ons- Weathertec digital floor liners
Clear paint protection on rear bumper cargo area.

Last edited by 15/SILVER/EXL; 07-15-2014 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:53 PM
Mats..cargo mat...plate frame

Old 07-15-2014, 06:54 PM
Also,ordered a generic screen cover for the dash display

Old 07-15-2014, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mike Houser
Also,ordered a generic screen cover for the dash display
I thought about this also, but one to reduce glare. On my Audi, i have a hood shroud that goes over my display. The screen is slightly indented and in the shade, so it is MUCH easier to see. The Fit screen is out in the open and i had trouble reading it sometimes during my test drive. Wonder if different type of overlays may help?

And to not thread jack, sitting on the floor waiting for my car are:

OEM all weather mats
OEM trunk tray
OEM trunk net
Gorilla ballseat locking lugnuts

Old 07-15-2014, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by TofuShop
I thought about this also, but one to reduce glare. On my Audi, i have a hood shroud that goes over my display. The screen is slightly indented and in the shade, so it is MUCH easier to see. The Fit screen is out in the open and i had trouble reading it sometimes during my test drive. Wonder if different type of overlays may help?

And to not thread jack, sitting on the floor waiting for my car are:

OEM all weather mats
OEM trunk tray
OEM trunk net
Gorilla ballseat locking lugnuts
Great questions! I was thinking the same thing...

Old 07-15-2014, 09:23 PM
I am doing it only for the extra layer of protection..for the LCD panel

Old 07-15-2014, 10:04 PM
OEM cargo tray/mat whatever you call it.
window tint.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:13 PM
I've got what I consider to be the bare necessities so far:

OEM Cargo cover
OEM Cargo tray
OEM All weather floor mats

I'm not really an exterior mod kind of person, so no plans there just yet. However, I am traveling to Tokyo in November, and who knows what I'll find there.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:45 PM
5 Year Member
OEM rubber mats
OEM cargo tray
OEM door edge film
OEM rear bumper applique
OEM remote start
20% window tint all around
Replace bulbs to LED-map lights
Replace bulbs to LED-dome light
Replace bulbs to LED-cargo light
Replace bulbs to LED-fog lights

Last edited by andre181; 07-15-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by xStitchx
.........traveling to Tokyo in November, and who knows what I'll find.....
Know one item that you'll want for sure - rear upper LED tail lights. OEM Part numbers are on the "What Mods......" thread. About $350 for the pair. You have to order it from a Honda dealer. These are standard on the GK Hybrid.

Do not go to the dealer on Sat. or Sun. That's their busiest time. Tuesday to Thursday is best. Most do not stock parts so plan ahead and make your order and they will ask for a specific p/u time.

The OEM stuff you got are perfect. I agree that GK Fits don't need much to be complete.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:03 PM
Rottboy, thank you for those tips! Those tails are so sweet! I'd have to find someone to install them for me if I were lucky enough to score a set.

I saw your loot in another thread. Holy smokes, you are not messing around

I'll definitely do my homework. We'll be there for two weeks, so I should have plenty of time for planning.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by xStitchx
...........We'll be there for two weeks, so I should have plenty of time for planning.
Two weeks??? Time for planning??? Hell, if I only had the youth of most of you FF guys, will be at the geisha bars every night!!!!
Let me know if I can help in any way. Am already sucked in so don't mind the rest of you tagging along. More company is always a welcome.

With regards to the install, either I figure out a way to do mine or Maxair is gonna share his friend's step-by-step install on his Brazilian GK. Whatever the case, someone is gonna eventually spill the beans on the whole process so all others don't make mistakes.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 07-16-2014 at 01:05 AM.

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK