3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Old 08-06-2014, 09:46 PM
I finally found a dash cover from DashCare.for my new silver 2015.....this is the only place I could find one.....Got it today, installed in 5 minutes fits perfect, looks great, saves dash....
check em out at dashcare.com

Old 08-06-2014, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 8strung
Does anyone know if the cargo liner is durable or flimsy material? It looks like its a thin fabric in the pics I've seen. I'd like to protect my cargo space and the cargo tray only protects the space behind the rear seats. The interior fabric of the fit seems delicate to me. I haven't used my magic seats yet, but I'd like to put something down so it could hold heavy and sharp edged music gear such as guitar 2x12 cabs etc.

On another note, would a k&n air filter be suggested for this car? How about an aftermarket exhaust? Are there quiet exhaust available?

Sorry, I'm a noob. I've had motorcycles in the past, but never modded a car and don't know what fits yet because the car is so new, doesn't seem to be much support yet?

thanks!
Someone on here bought some thick vinyl or similar material at Home Depot and velcro'd it to the cargo area and back of the rear seats. This may be something you'd want to do. Not sure where that thread is.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by crash1st
I finally found a dash cover from DashCare.for my new silver 2015.....this is the only place I could find one.....Got it today, installed in 5 minutes fits perfect, looks great, saves dash....
check em out at dashcare.com
Have a pic? I'd love to see it.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:09 AM
BMO
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
Someone on here bought some thick vinyl or similar material at Home Depot and velcro'd it to the cargo area and back of the rear seats. This may be something you'd want to do. Not sure where that thread is.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...cargo-mat.html

Old 08-07-2014, 07:26 PM
dash cover

Originally Posted by SheepNutz
Have a pic? I'd love to see it.
for some reason my pic's will not load.....email me if you want to see em
dvedavenport@gmail.com Glad to share....1470 miles in 3 weeks..43mpg
light silver....silver grey dash cover....buzzard on antenna....more to come!!

Old 08-07-2014, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by ArchaicAP2
J's racing has shark fins. Gotuning.com in LA is a J's distributor. Office is in Orange.

I wasn't able to locate any shark fins on their site or on J's Racing that were still in stock/production or for the 2015 models (which I don't think would matter). My only alternative I think is Rakuten just so that the sharkfin color matches the body ... but again S&H is expensive. I'd bet it would cost near $200 just for the sharkfin through rakuten.

On a side note, my speakers from crutchfield arrived and I also bought some "ElbowFriend" armrest pads on Amazon for $19 a pair. They have just the right amount of cushioning and don't seem to retain body heat. A little too wide for the car, but they were perfect for the door armrests and the center one. And does anyone know if removing the headliner is an easy ordeal for the '15 Fit? I plan to FatMat the ceiling too. I know how to remove the headliner for an old 90s car, but with today's airbags everywhere ... I'm a little weary about doing so.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by crash1st
for some reason my pic's will not load.....email me if you want to see em
dvedavenport@gmail.com Glad to share....1470 miles in 3 weeks..43mpg
light silver....silver grey dash cover....buzzard on antenna....more to come!!
Thanks. Email sent.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by JupiterJoe
Question for Best Deception --- How cheezy were the OEM speakers on the Front Doors.... I did a speaker upgrade on my old CR-V as the OEM speakers were terrible.... Just wondering before thinking about tearing into my new car... Thanks....
Hey Joe,

The OEM speakers in the front doors were okay, they produced high frequencies well (Almost too much so), however bass was nonexistant. Even with the base turned up all the way in the EQ there was barely a thud from those things.

The aftermarket speakers were definitely worth it for the higher sound quality and fuller mids/bass. I had it installed professionally so unfortunately I am not sure on the difficulty.

Since I wrote my original post the speakers have definitely broken in though, and they sound better than ever!

Old 08-08-2014, 07:15 AM
Would Chromecast be just as good/better than the HDMI to AV adapter? What type of stuff do you plan to watch on the car screen? Will any of it be from using the iPhone's data plan? Thanks!

Old 08-08-2014, 10:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Best Deception
Since I wrote my original post the speakers have definitely broken in though, and they sound better than ever!
Funny, I've changed my opinion as well. I wrote an assessment here during my first week or two of having the car and described the OEM speakers as "tinny crap". I had read someone else noting that break-in is needed before they sound decent, and so I ran a range of music through them for a couple of weeks before noticing that they had improved drastically. They're still not by any stretch award winning speakers, but they do sound pretty decent. Just lacking in low-end, for the most part, which I might remedy with the slim under-the-seat subwoofer that a poster above mentioned. I had wanted a sub but didn't want to take up any of my cargo area with one as I had done in a previous car. The thing was always in the way.

Old 08-08-2014, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Nojak
Would Chromecast be just as good/better than the HDMI to AV adapter? What type of stuff do you plan to watch on the car screen? Will any of it be from using the iPhone's data plan? Thanks!
I'm not sure whether this would even work. I have a Chromecast and am very reluctant to take it off the TV and start reconfiguring it in for the car, but the aspect that leaves me wondering whether it would work is the WiFi. I don't know whether the Chromecast communicates directly with the devices (an "ad hoc" fashion) or if it goes through your home's WiFi access point as an intermediary ("infrastructure"). If direct, it should work fine, but if it needs an access point, it isn't going to work.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:22 AM
Got my Cargo cover today from Hondaparts network! Pretty quick shipping. For those that are going to order, make sure you order Item 8 which is the clips for the attaching strings to raise the cover when you open the hatch. I didn't catch that and thought they come with it and they don't. They are only a couple bucks each $2.21 each and shipping is $15.85 lol but I am not going to get them as the shipping will be more than the parts. Just a FYI for those are are considering buying one.

Old 08-08-2014, 04:06 PM
ntx
Does this count as a mod?

Name:  IMAG0810_zps5931bfd2.jpg
Views: 1138
Size:  106.3 KB

Yeah my mom attempted to kill it.

Old 08-08-2014, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ntx

Ouch, that hurts!
That first little parking lot ding or scratch is always tough, but whew that's a tough way to break it in!

Old 08-08-2014, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
I have a set of almost new Honda OEM wheel locks for sale. Come with 4 locks, 1 key, and a mesh zipper case. They came with the car but I replaced them with aftermarket ones.

PM me if interested. 30$ shipped to anywhere in continental US

Old 08-08-2014, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by ntx

Oh no!

As long as your Mom is okay, you can always get a new car or get it repaired. Still, that really hurts to see

Old 08-08-2014, 06:15 PM
Man sorry to see that NTX. Glad no one was hurt but feelings. Ifs only metal! Hope you get if fixed soon

Old 08-08-2014, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tmfit
Got my Cargo cover today from Hondaparts network! Pretty quick shipping. For those that are going to order, make sure you order Item 8 which is the clips for the attaching strings to raise the cover when you open the hatch. I didn't catch that and thought they come with it and they don't. They are only a couple bucks each $2.21 each and shipping is $15.85 lol but I am not going to get them as the shipping will be more than the parts. Just a FYI for those are are considering buying one.
Thanks for posting this! I almost ordered the same today but ran out of time before work. I assumed the clips came with the entire assembly but now see that item 8 is outside the "box" for the assembly (item 1 in the drawing). Did you install it yet?? Does it make the car seem all "bad-ass"?

Last edited by cheesewhiz; 08-08-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ntx

Ouch! Did the airbags go off? I (reluctantly) let my mom drive mine, and she hasn't driven a manual in about 15 years. She tries reversing, not even realizing what gear the car was in (1st gear), and almost drove into her raised lettuce bed.

Old 08-09-2014, 03:03 AM
Installed some of the stuff that arrived today. I wish I had some sturdy gloves because cuts and bruises from the sharp plastic is a downer.

So tonight :
I installed the rest of the interior LED I got, especially that extra bright one for the trunk. Unfortunately, though brighter, the ones I got from Amazon are more yellowish than white.

I installed the bumper applique, which was really easy to install but also easy to mess up on alignment. The instructions were easy enough, but I recommend taping down the opposite end before taking off the backing and working on the side you're starting at and smoothing it down like the instructions says to do. Otherwise, you'll smooth down one end towards the other (just like the instructions says to do) and realize by the time you get to the other end you're not aligned. Mine was off by about 1/4 inch. Not really noticeable from far away but when you see it you'll see it. I like the look of it though. Good enough for me.

I didn't know how to take off the door panels for my speaker installs so I ended up taking out the spare tire and tailgate plastic linings to sound deaden the area. The tailgate lining has snaps you can easily take off, but take it off slowly because some of the inner fabric is 'glued' to the tailgate. The fabric around the spare tire area is also 'glued' to plastic pieces that I assume hold everything to place. They're very lightly glued (shows the cheap quality) so be careful else you'll end up having to glue some fabric back together. All-in-all I am happy with the sound deadening of the tailgate because now it doesn't make a "clank" sound when I close the hatch. It's more like a "thud" now.

I also installed the interior illumination kit. It was a very easy install but somewhat a pain getting the HDMI/USB/lighter console back in after the LED cable runs through that area. I sorta wish the LEDs were a soft white like the LED near the cup-holders just to match, but the blue is nice in its own way. I was kinda disappointed with the "quality" again from this install because i noticed some wires looked stripped. I also wondered why there was a really long rectangular plug with three wires spliced into the harness and left dangling there. The black was grounded to the vehicle while the white and red wires to the plug were spliced into green and red wires on the vehicle harness. I'm not sure what it's used for. Anyway, I may take off my dash again and put some electrical tape over where the wires looked stripped when I get a chance just for safety concerns.

I'm sorry I don't have any pics. It was around 10pm while I was doing this, but it was really fun doing it. I still got some more stuff laying around that needs to be installed.
- speakers
- more sound deadening for the doors when I do the speakers
- splash guards (ugh)
- tint windows then do the window visors
- led H8 fog lights and H4 headlights still in transit
- cargo liner still in transit

Edit: Oh yea! Btw, when I was browsing through Rakuten, apparently they sell this canceller cable thing to plug into the radio so that you can continue watching dvds/tv/hdmi while the vehicle is in motion. I'm not interested in that stuff but I remember reading some of you were curious.

Last edited by noripwr; 08-09-2014 at 03:14 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK