3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
Lol ^

I despise rusty hardware as well.

Old 12-02-2017, 12:11 AM
Boot light

Originally Posted by SilverEX15
Beautiful! How about a link to those lights and some tips on running the wires?

Are these the lights?

10 New 3 4" Clear White LED CLEARANCE Marker Bullet Lights w Black Trim Ring | eBay
I actually got an LED strip off EBay, stuck it on the parcel shelf and ran a cable to it.. Pulled the cable off the original side light and used a header connector so I can disconnect if I remove the parcel shelf.

Works like a charm. If you position the LED strip on the invisible side of the parcel shelf (viewed from outside of course) you cannot see the source of light at all, just the light. Very nice...

BTW I also added a much needed LED light to the glove box... Bought one of those LED 'bullet' bulbs, de-soldered the caps, and stuck the led plate (its got aluminum on the back for heat dissipation) on a flat area of the glove box lid lock. Pulled power from ANY fuse from the internal fuse block as the b*stards are not switched (even accessory etc) - found this oput when wiring my dashcam, ended up getting power from the cig lighter socket (one screw to remove only).

PS yes, if you remove the parcel shelf your light is gone... but I barely ever...

Last edited by O.N.; 12-02-2017 at 12:16 AM.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:15 AM
Originally Posted by ctyt
Yeah, the Celsius thing is annoying. The reason I didn't get one with a USB charging port is because charging technology changes pretty quickly and has proprietary aspects. My current phone uses Quick Charge 2.0, my next one might have 3.0 or Dash Charge. I don't want to be stuck with one or two generic USB ports that won't take advantage of my phone's capability.
Adaptive charge now (9V/5V) eg for Samsung S6+... buy a cig lighter adaptive charger, pull out centre spring, solder to + and -, abd plug in any (Good!) USB charge cable... did that on me Jazz (Fit) GK. Tech changes,. I take out the modded cig lighter and put in the next...

Old 12-08-2017, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
It came!

Old 12-08-2017, 01:42 PM
It came!

I'm jealous that it's so nice and warm for you. Also you've got a lot of voltage shown. The most I've seen was 14.2 on OEM battery, and only 14 on Kirkland battery. I do realize that our charging system is adaptive though.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
looks like a darth vader helmet on a toddler
You owe me a new keyboard Ken. I just spit coffee all over it. It has red on it & the word sport so it adds 5HP. ;-)

Old 12-09-2017, 12:15 AM
Where from?

It came!
Sorry where did you get this display button/ Can;t find the link... I saw the circular one, but this one fits perfectly :-)

EDIT NVM, found it!

Last edited by O.N.; 12-09-2017 at 12:20 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
I'm jealous that it's so nice and warm for you. Also you've got a lot of voltage shown. The most I've seen was 14.2 on OEM battery, and only 14 on Kirkland battery. I do realize that our charging system is adaptive though.
Voltage reads about 0.2 too high, according to my multimeter. Temperature also looks a bit high. I spliced in a longer wire for the temperature sensor so it can actually reach into the cabin instead of being buried behind the dash, so maybe it'll be a little more accurate.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:11 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ashchuckton
You owe me a new keyboard Ken. I just spit coffee all over it. It has red on it & the word sport so it adds 5HP. ;-)
lol..!! ooops!

Old 01-05-2018, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Old 01-05-2018, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by USDM
Tell me what you think of the brakelines. So far im loving them! Also, what suspension have you decided on? I foresee wheels coming into the picture soon too.

Old 01-06-2018, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by TougeMonster_GK5
Tell me what you think of the brakelines. So far im loving them! Also, what suspension have you decided on? I foresee wheels coming into the picture soon too.
Glad you like them! I was very happy with the lines on my LS 400. Techna-Fit's lifetime warranty gives me peace of mind as well.

I'm still looking into options for coilovers. I had my eyes on Feal 441 coilovers, but Feal does not offer anything for the GK5.

Old 01-10-2018, 02:23 AM
Park / Brake lights in rear fake grilles

Bought from AliExpress. On EBay they do not have my model - beware there are two models of fake grilles, US model are narrower, Middle East / Australia are wider.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...311.0.0.4MKgiN

Mounting is straightforward, you may need to push the original grilles out from the inside and remove some plastic clips from underneath on LHS (on the AU model anyway). Drill a small hole to pull the cable through upwards, remove the rear lamps (2 screws) and splice the (-) and (+park) (+brake) wires...

Au Spec Fake Grilles with LEDs

And yes i added extra lamps for the stop lights in the unused lamp sockets - about that, some other time :-) They are not very bright because the inside reflectors do not have silver coating (Au spec does not use that area, serves more as passive reflector)

Last edited by O.N.; 01-10-2018 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Spelling!!
Old 01-10-2018, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by O.N.
Bought from AliExpress.....

And yes i added extra lamps for the stop lights in the unused lamp sockets - about that, some other time....
That looks great! Looks it can be done DIY with a few LED strips instead of sending it over from the china slow boat.

Old 01-13-2018, 03:23 AM
Super Moderator

Old 01-21-2018, 08:20 AM
hello guys! do you recommend Tein Street Basis Z coilovers for my honda fit GP5 hybrid s package (cvt) on everyday use? tnx!

Old 01-28-2018, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
More of a project in process. Picked up a used set of OZ Racing 16X7" Ultraleggera. With Gas they cost $225. Sold the tires for $60 which dropped it down to $165. Bought a set of end caps from China and a bag of sand blast sand and have another $12 with tax so back up to $177

The red doesn't match my blue car and the center caps are messed up

I ordered a set of aluminum center caps covers from China for $4 shipped. The eBay ad said 56mm which actually turned out to be 56.75mm. Originals were 54.71mm and the recess where they fit on the wheel was 55.2 mm. They came with an adhesive backing.

I pulled off the messed up plastic part from the originals and cleaned up the cap. Stuck the new aluminum pieces on that were too big and reduced their dimeter on a lathe.

Back side showing the original part of the OZ M582 cap

I'm probably biased, but I think they'll be fine?

Next will be clean and sand blast the wheels for powder coating

Last edited by Rob H; 01-28-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
All done, just now need some tires

Old 02-08-2018, 03:48 PM
I finally made it to the end of this thread, and added a -large- number of bookmarks to my list of upcoming mods :

Silver 2016 EX CVT:
Installed:
Universal Leather Steering wheel cover (nice, but makes the wheel a bit too thick. Looking at the wrap / sewn on option)
3D MaxSpider front and rear mats
OEM rear cargo cover
Cheap water resistant seat covers from amazonPlanned:LED Headlights
LED interior lights
Plastidip chrome rear trunk garnish (The LX part is now pushing $150. Gloss dip might be worth it. Debating the front chrome too, but not sure how that will hold up)
Lighter rims / better tires (after I get my use out of the new ones put on from the dealer)
Light up side sills
Leather shift knob
Under dash lighting
Better custom fit seat covers
Seat heater mod w/ OEM switches (looks very nice here!)
Side mirror heaters
Side winkers (since I'll have the parts off)
Sound reduction (Lowes roof material. What is the best bang for the buck for placement? Doors, front wheel location ?)
Better speakers w/ OEM headunit
Rear swaybar
Tint if the car ends up too hot this summer
Has anyone looked into switching the existing USB port to provide more power? It seems to charge my phone a bit too lowly, and it seems a waste to use the 12v power port
Is there any one place to detail the parts / harnesses used for making OEM-like connections for all the various lighting mods without buying the full overpriced kits ?

Old 02-08-2018, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by ercdvs
I finally made it to the end of this thread, and added a -large- number of bookmarks to my list of upcoming mods :

Silver 2016 EX CVT:
Installed:
Universal Leather Steering wheel cover (nice, but makes the wheel a bit too thick. Looking at the wrap / sewn on option)
3D MaxSpider front and rear mats
OEM rear cargo cover
Cheap water resistant seat covers from amazonPlanned:LED Headlights
LED interior lights
Plastidip chrome rear trunk garnish (The LX part is now pushing $150. Gloss dip might be worth it. Debating the front chrome too, but not sure how that will hold up)
Lighter rims / better tires (after I get my use out of the new ones put on from the dealer)
Light up side sills
Leather shift knob
Under dash lighting
Better custom fit seat covers
Seat heater mod w/ OEM switches (looks very nice here!)
Side mirror heaters
Side winkers (since I'll have the parts off)
Sound reduction (Lowes roof material. What is the best bang for the buck for placement? Doors, front wheel location ?)
Better speakers w/ OEM headunit
Rear swaybar
Tint if the car ends up too hot this summer
Has anyone looked into switching the existing USB port to provide more power? It seems to charge my phone a bit too lowly, and it seems a waste to use the 12v power port
Is there any one place to detail the parts / harnesses used for making OEM-like connections for all the various lighting mods without buying the full overpriced kits ?
Most of these mods I've done, so you can click my link, or ask if you need help.

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK