3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member
Post 2015 EX Stick Mods To Do List;

2018 Sport Wheels.
2018 Sport front and rear bumpers.
Borla Muffler.
K&N Air Filter and Cabin Filter.

For now it's stock.

Old 02-09-2018, 06:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chitown Fit
2018 Sport Wheels.
2018 Sport front and rear bumpers.
Borla Muffler.
K&N Air Filter and Cabin Filter.

For now it's stock.

Wheels are probably $1K and if I remember correctly that you posted over that? Bumper covers are probably $500 each plus paint ($500 at a reputable shop using the correct surfacer for flexible parts and flex in the clear) and not including proper brackets and other things you're probably missing? Just say it's probably $1500-2000 to put those on. Have you thought about just buying a 2018 Sport? Everything will be new. It won't need new brakes, tires, transmission fluid change, clutch or if CVT worn band. It's a hard option to swallow but not knowing how many miles are on your car you'd be better off trading in your car and buying a new Sport?

Last edited by Rob H; 02-09-2018 at 07:07 AM.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:42 AM
  1. For those that replaced interior illumination, did you ever come across a part number specifically for the connection to the fuse panel / OEM wiring? Im trying to save splicing and running my own wires to the panel
  2. For those that replaced the horn with the sport horn... how much room is actually in the front bumper? I think the sport horns are louder, but still are a normal car horn. I usually run hella supertones, butthis struck my fancy too
    Amazon Amazon

The appeal of the sport horns is yes, i can just plug them in vs running wires / relays all over, but when i want to alert people: I *really* want people to hear.
  1. Rear sway bar: I might be confused since i've never actually done it, but does the car need to be up off the rear tires, or can i do this on ramps? For some reason I remember with other cars I needed to remove the load off the end links to get it in, and I didnt have a jack to do it
Placing my orders now for some parts to do my next set of upgrades.. I really need to change out the seat covers at least in the front right now. Any good recommendations on a good WATERPROOF (resistant?) cover that handles head rests ? cover king was seen before, does it still hold up? OEM covers ?

Old 02-09-2018, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
New Seat Covers

Nice fit from Car Cover Kings. Interior detailing later this Spring.

Attached Thumbnails MODS/ACCESSORIES  for the GK-img_4043.jpg   MODS/ACCESSORIES  for the GK-img_4052.jpg  
Old 02-09-2018, 01:56 PM
I just bought the same ones... CR Neoprene as I'm a sweaty boy after the gym and muddy dogs

Old 02-09-2018, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
Nice!!

Originally Posted by ercdvs
I just bought the same ones... CR Neoprene as I'm a sweaty boy after the gym and muddy dogs

Old 02-09-2018, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
Buy A Sport?

Originally Posted by Rob H
Wheels are probably $1K and if I remember correctly that you posted over that? Bumper covers are probably $500 each plus paint ($500 at a reputable shop using the correct surfacer for flexible parts and flex in the clear) and not including proper brackets and other things you're probably missing? Just say it's probably $1500-2000 to put those on. Have you thought about just buying a 2018 Sport? Everything will be new. It won't need new brakes, tires, transmission fluid change, clutch or if CVT worn band. It's a hard option to swallow but not knowing how many miles are on your car you'd be better off trading in your car and buying a new Sport?

I'm definitely changing to the Sport Wheels. I'm still deciding my options on the front and rear Sport bumpers. It might be too early for the bumpers to be available right now. College Hills Honda's prices is way more than I'm willing to pay. I'll check my local Honda Dealer in the summer to see what prices they quote. My 2015 EX is a stick. So no worries about CVT problems. As far as buying a 2018 Sport not going to happen. The Sport doesn't have some of the options I have on my EX.

Old 02-09-2018, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
I put the back of the car up on jackstands to install the rear sway, but I don't think you absolutely have to. I think there were only four bolts holding the thing on, and I didn't have to take the wheels off. If you can reach everything with ramps, it should work. There's no links to deal with, bolts directly to the rear suspension beam.

Old 02-09-2018, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by hasdrubal
I put the back of the car up on jackstands to install the rear sway, but I don't think you absolutely have to. I think there were only four bolts holding the thing on, and I didn't have to take the wheels off. If you can reach everything with ramps, it should work. There's no links to deal with, bolts directly to the rear suspension beam.
Good to know. Ramps are a better option because on jackstands, i am afraid of being under it as i am pulling and wrenching the bolts on / off. I live in PA and salt / Winter is going to make it a mess under the car.
Time to start shopping around

Old 02-09-2018, 05:52 PM
I just got my Fit a couple months ago after I drove my Buick into a tree. I'm loving this thing! So far I've gotten all weather floor mats, the cargo liner, installed splash guards, and winter wheels.
I got a long list of little things I want to do with this car. LED bulbs all around, interior illumination, intake and exhaust, upper rear lights, etc

Old 02-09-2018, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by hasdrubal
How do you like it!?

Old 02-09-2018, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
It's probably the most satisfying mod I've done on any car, especially for the price. The balance feels a lot better, and the body roll is noticeably reduced. Not eliminated, but from what I've read elsewhere, too much rear roll stiffness can cause lift throttle oversteer.

Sometimes with mods there's a tradeoff. Stiffer springs improve body roll and grip but add harshness to the ride. The billet lower engine mount improves throttle response but adds really annoying vibration if I don't keep the revs up from a stop. With the rear sway there really is no penalty.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ercdvs
  1. For those that replaced the horn with the sport horn... how much room is actually in the front bumper? I think the sport horns are louder, but still are a normal car horn. I usually run hella supertones, butthis struck my fancy too https://www.amazon.com/Zone-Tech-Dua...rds=train+horn

The appeal of the sport horns is yes, i can just plug them in vs running wires / relays all over, but when i want to alert people: I *really* want people to hear.
  1. Rear sway bar: I might be confused since i've never actually done it, but does the car need to be up off the rear tires, or can i do this on ramps? For some reason I remember with other cars I needed to remove the load off the end links to get it in, and I didnt have a jack to do it
I did the sport horns when I was fixing my sagging bumper. There is a fair amount of room, but I think those air horns are overkill. Plus from what I understand, there is a bit of a delay for the pressure to build before making a sound. The sport horns are fairly loud and much more commanding than the stock meep meep. Bumper Off

Progress RSB is easy to install. I just backed onto a ramp and installed it. No special tools needed other than the ramps. Car feels good with RSB and helped with faster turn in. Agreed with hasdrubal, no tradeoff with installing the RSB other than a lighter wallet.

Old 02-09-2018, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Horn Upgrade.

College Hills Honda has a youtube on how to upgrade to a sport horn. It's definitely louder than the stock horn. When I get around there I'm stopping by to upgrade my horn.

Old 02-10-2018, 04:04 AM
Originally Posted by Tim Krisher
I just got my Fit a couple months ago after I drove my Buick into a tree. I'm loving this thing! So far I've gotten all weather floor mats, the cargo liner, installed splash guards, and winter wheels.
I got a long list of little things I want to do with this car. LED bulbs all around, interior illumination, intake and exhaust, upper rear lights, etc

Welcome!

I'm liking those multi spoked wheels. What are they?

Where did you get that cargo liner? I've never seen that before.

Old 02-10-2018, 04:08 AM
College Hills Honda has a youtube on how to upgrade to a sport horn. It's definitely louder than the stock horn. When I get around there I'm stopping by to upgrade my horn.
I wouldn't recommend doing the front bumper removal for the horn swap in that video. I've tried it and it damaged one of the clips causing my front bumper to sag (when it was perfectly fine - made in Mexico btw).

You can access the front horns by rolling the front grill (in the summer!). That pic is in my tinkering thread.

The 2nd high tone horn can be accessed from underneath the lower front right side panel used to access the foglight.

Old 02-10-2018, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
Smile Horn Upgrade.

Originally Posted by Action Jackson
I wouldn't recommend doing the front bumper removal for the horn swap in that video. I've tried it and it damaged one of the clips causing my front bumper to sag (when it was perfectly fine - made in Mexico btw).

You can access the front horns by rolling the front grill (in the summer!). That pic is in my tinkering thread.

The 2nd high tone horn can be accessed from underneath the lower front right side panel used to access the foglight.

Thanks AJ.

I'm planning on going to College Hills Honda to do the horn upgrade on my way back from North Carolina. If they damage the clips they should have extra ones in the parts department.

Old 02-11-2018, 09:24 AM
5 Year Member
Welcome!

They are Sparco Assetto Gara. I owned a set for my Subaru. Designed by OZ. Made offshore, but not in Italy where the OZ are made. Relatively, light and cheap

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/resu...autoModClar=EX

Last edited by Rob H; 02-11-2018 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks AJ.

I'm planning on going to College Hills Honda to do the horn upgrade on my way back from North Carolina. If they damage the clips they should have extra ones in the parts department.
You can get the clips cheeep on ebay or amazon.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:42 AM
Welcome!

Where did you get that cargo liner? I've never seen that before.
Thanks! The wheels are Sparco Asseto Gara 15's. I got my cargo liner from here: BernardiParts Part number is 08P42-T5A-100 if you want to look for it elsewhere.

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK