3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by USDM
Morimoto M-LED projectors installed by 818 Retrofits!

Damn, hype! Very nice as always. Morimoto makes some quality stuff.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by [LegenD]
Damn, hype! Very nice as always. Morimoto makes some quality stuff.
Thank you! All the good reviews made choosing Morimoto a no-brainer.

Old 11-04-2017, 08:03 PM
Just get a voltage sensing box

I looked at this, too much trouble and looks ugly.

Just get a voltage sensing device for a few bucks off EBay and run a wire from the battery and one from the park lights (to dim the DRL, if you want). I used the changeover LEDs which are DLR and turn signal

DRL controller

7440 42 SMD 2835 LED Light Car Dual Color Switchback Turn Signal Lamp DRL AU. Not sure if this will fit your headlight config (we have the LED one) but you get the idea...

The voltage sensing thing will sense when voltage rises and turn on the DRLs. When you switch on the parl lights it will dim them (if you use the wire for it). When you stop the engine they go off when the voltage falls back to 12.something volts. No messing with the fuses. The thingy has a fuse of its own.

Originally Posted by nomenclator
What is a "GK Case"? I know what a fuse is, but what is a "positive" fuse? The automotive fuse shown in the photo - I don't think this kind of fuse has any polarity; current can flow through it in either direction. Also, what does IGP-FI mean?

It looks like you have a 7.5 amp fused placed at right angles to all the other fuses in the middle row of fuses, in Fuse Box A in the engine compartment. In my fuse box A I don't see any way to put a fuse in that way, at that spot. It looks like you have some kind of black plastic thing sitting on top of the fuse, and a red wire coming out of the black plastic thing. I can't see the other end of the wire. Does the wire go to one of the terminals on a relay? What is the black plastic thing? Which of the 2 relay circuits is the 7.5 amp fuse in series with, the input circuit or the output circuit? Is there another fuse in the other circuit?

I know how relays work, and fuses, and I can read schematics, but I can't figure out what's going on here.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
I added a 12V accesory socket to my LX Fit. I removed the cover for the lacking push-button start (part 79552-T5A-J01ZA), gouged it out with a step drill bit, and filed it down a bunch. I used a socket that's secured by a nut in the back. Positive terminal is connected via a fuse tap to fuse 15 (Right Headlight High Beam). Negative is bolted to the metal panel underneath the steering wheel using an existing hole. This fuse is always on, so I'm only going to use it for accessories that are only connected temporarily - 12V cooling fan, tire inflator, car vacuum, etc. This is the socket that I used:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VUYJPBU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VUYJPBU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Middle fuse tap is used for my new 12V socket. Technically the tap should be flipped over, but I inserted it upside down due to lack of room. The other two taps are for a gate opener and dashcam, respectively.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
From the ebay page for the

"Car LED Daytime Running Light Relay Van DRL Control Switch Controller 12V MA945"

What does the word "van" mean in this context. The thing is a kind of "control switch controller." ????

"High quality, mini size, lightweight, waterproof.
Easy install, no need to change any line, durable.
When start the car engine, it will light automatically.
When flame, the light off delay 15 seconds.
Suitable for most vehicle models."

Good grief. That makes no sense. How did you figure out what kind of device is being marketed? No need to change any "line"? What is a "line" in this context?

It will light? It doesn't look like any lamp I have ever seen.

It is going to flame? Good grief; that sounds dangerous.

When it flames, "the light off delay 15 seconds." So once combustion starts, it takes 15 seconds for the light to go off? Is that a measure of how long it takes to be fully consumed, once it catches on fire? Seriously I'm finding the description useless.

From looking at the label on the device, that I can see in one of the images, it looks like it is trying to say "factory settings: if the input is greater than 13 volts then in that case the output wires will provide power at that voltage; if the input voltage is less than 13 volts, then the output wires will stop providing power after a delay of 15 seconds." It looks like it has a red and black pair of input wires, and a red and black pair of output wires and it seems that most likely you can attach the red input wire to the battery positive terminal and the black input wire to ground. But there is no description of what the yellow wire, next to these 2 input wires, is for. Nor is there any description on the sales page. How did you figure you what the device does; how did you figure out whether it will meet your need?

Last edited by nomenclator; 11-08-2017 at 10:29 PM.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by ctyt

Nice. I thought about doing the same thing. I added this usb charger with temp/voltage display.

Name:  Xm0ENFu.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  446.3 KB

Old 11-09-2017, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Action Jackson
Nice. I thought about doing the same thing. I added this usb charger with temp/voltage display.

I want to do something like that but using the panel next to the traction control switch. It's going to start looking ridiculous at one point though.

Old 11-09-2017, 10:06 PM
I want to do something like that but using the panel next to the traction control switch. It's going to start looking ridiculous at one point though.

Aliexpress sells these. USB with voltage readout. This is a Toyota one, but they do make proper Honda ones that fit better.

Name:  VrMeenl.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  277.4 KB

Old 11-09-2017, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
Holy crap, no idea these existed. Thanks for letting me know. Now I gotta wait a month for the slow boat from China to come.

Last edited by ctyt; 11-09-2017 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:08 AM
Holy crap, no idea these existed. Thanks for letting me know. Now I gotta wait a month for the slow boat from China to come.

Your link shows the products for displaying voltage and temp (I thought about getting it, but already have those features). You do realize that the temp display is in Celsius?

This is the voltage/usb charger for our car (if you're interested):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5V-2...460.0.0.tYUcZx

It's nice to charge my phone in the cupholder with a short usb cable from this.

One feature they don't list, is that at 9.0 volts, it starts to beep.

Last edited by Action Jackson; 11-10-2017 at 01:11 AM.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:15 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, the Celsius thing is annoying. The reason I didn't get one with a USB charging port is because charging technology changes pretty quickly and has proprietary aspects. My current phone uses Quick Charge 2.0, my next one might have 3.0 or Dash Charge. I don't want to be stuck with one or two generic USB ports that won't take advantage of my phone's capability.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
RS Engine Cover

My newest Mod.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:45 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
looks like a darth vader helmet on a toddler

Old 11-23-2017, 12:40 AM
Finally added a second trunk light.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1386313

Name:  cbt88th.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  956.2 KB

Old 11-23-2017, 01:43 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Action Jackson
Finally added a second trunk light.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1386313

Looks great!

Old 11-24-2017, 06:30 PM
Not the most exciting mod here, but I swapped the standard zinc-plated steel screws on my license plates for stainless steel ones in hopes of preventing rust stains down the road.

Old 11-24-2017, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Redbelly98
Not the most exciting mod here, but I swapped the standard zinc-plated steel screws on my license plates for stainless steel ones in hopes of preventing rust stains down the road.
That's a smart idea!

Old 11-26-2017, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
Same thought occurred to me but I was too lazy to go out and buy new screws so I just clear coated mine. It won't last forever but maybe long enough.

Old 11-27-2017, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
Finally a mod I feel I could actually duplicate!

Old 11-27-2017, 05:18 PM
Thumbs up

i cant wait to mod my new gk

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK