3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Auto door unlock?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 09:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by andre181
I too would like to know if its possible to have all doors unlock when I touch the drivers door handle. From the hatch and the passenger door, they all unlock, but at the drivers door, only the drivers door unlocks.

I searched the owners manual and came up empty.
This is precisely the issue. So I was dead wrong about it ever having done what I was wanting it to do (my memory had failed me) but the default behavior isn't ideal -- probably works that way for safety reasons, such as trying to get in your car while being pursued by someone. A FOB could be single tapped or double tapped but maybe the proximity sensors don't have a similar way of doing just that door or all others as desired. I think my likelihood of needing to get away from a pursuer is so remote that I'd rather have it just unlock all of the doors when I'm in proximity of the driver's door handle so that I'm not either having to reach in the door and find the "unlock all" button or dig into my pocket for the FOB, negating the utility of the proximity sensor. The programming options do seem to be for "when the car is being exited" rather than "when you arrive at the car from the outside". Alas, it doesn't look like there is any way to make the proximity sensor work as I'd prefer, so I'll have to train my habits to work differently for entry into the car when passengers are present. Thank you to all who have helped understand how the car functions under various scenarios and to what extent those options can be changed.