3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

My test drive review.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 09:05 PM
My test drive review.

Today I did a test drive of the EX-L Nav. I will be as short as MY, can. I took plenty of pics but unfortunately this site will not allow me to post them.

1. This lot had 3 FITs. They had the red EX CVT, modern grey LX MT, and modern grey EX-L Nav. CVT. When I inquired about stock and availability, I was told they are expecting many more and that there are enough out there now that they can track down anything i want.

2. I concur with the comments about the center console/arm rest. It is much to low to be of use as an arm rest. It was barely useable if I lowered seat all the way down. Plus at 5'9"" tall my view was way too low in the windshield. To raise and lower the seat, u manually pump a handle like the lumbar support on some Honda's. Although this felt a little cheap, at least there is no electrical component to go bad.

3. The push button start was different. It's not good or bad, just different and something to get used to for me.

4. The dash was very sleek looking. It was nice but this too, will take a little getting used to for me. With virtually no knobs it is just something different than I'm used to. But it is modern for sure. Overall I liked it.

5. I was very impressed with the room in the hatchback with rear seats up. Also the cabin really didn't feel much if any smaller than the cabin of our 2010 Civic EX-L.

6. When looking under the hood was surprised how much room there was between back of engine and firewall. The radiator looks to be a real pain to change.

7. Very hot day today in Florida. My weather app showed 95 degrees and the dash guage showed 99 degrees. The A/C did very well. If it can handle that it can handle your needs.

8. The drive was nice. Acceleration was adequate. Sound of CVT is different but not annoying, bothersome. I didn't consider it whiny. I have no issues with it. The two cameras were a nice convenience.

9. Overall I am highly impressed with this car and confirmed this will be my next purchase. I was very interested in this car but have never had a hatchback or a car this small and was curious how the CVT would sound and feel.

DISCLAIMER: the test drive was short and did not include highway driving. I am also a big Honda fan to begin with.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for taking the time to think through your observations and write them up to share with us. We've pretty well decided that this will be our next car, we just need for a few more of them to find their way to our area, preferably a white one!

Old 06-28-2014, 11:23 PM
My pleasure. I just hope there is some useful information here for those in the investigation phase. When I asked if they would be willing to come off of MSRP, I was told he's not sure because demand will be high but they will do what is necessary to make the sale. At least the door was left open for future discussion about price.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:17 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Ah the good ol'days when you had to wait 3 months for a Fit to come from Japan and you still had no guarantee if you'd get the right color. I'll never forget calling the local Honda dealership and being told, "We rarely get any Fits in and if we do they sell pretty quickly. Went by the dealership yesterday and they had several sitting on the lot. Yeah!